Life With My Sister Madonna

Luiz Ribeiro

When i read the book i wasnt shocked at all by all the tidbits and negative connotations. Thing is Madonnas always been accused of using people to further her own self interests. The old mantra that she used her boyfriends to further her music career in the very beginning. Of course Madonna was thirsty and she had determination and that helped her advance her mammoth career leaving many people behind but thats true for pretty much everybody with dreams of stardom and success. Why should Madonna be judged differently? She didnt have a rich daddy or family or husband to do it for her she could only hope people around her would help her in a way or another. Its sad that these people and especially her brother felt used and compelled to cry foul. Saying that no one is talking about the immense opportunities these people have by being connected to Madonna in a way or another. Anyone made money out of her. Its all a bit bittersweet imho.

• 3 months later...

I found it interesting that half way through the book you could tell his drug addiction was gettting worse. It becomes nothing more than excuses and blaming everyone else for his life. It was very telling, around the late 90's or maybe a bit later when Madonna met Guy. Incidents would happen and he would always blame something or someone else. He could never really take responsibility for his life.

I feel like Madonna meeting and marrying Guy changed things in her life forever, in some good and bad ways.

The start of the book feels different. It was a lot more interesting to read.

very interesting interview. i'm surprised she opened up like that. it's heartbreaking really.

but it's obvious why she didn't mention christopher was connected to the business, unlike her sister in LA.

I enjoyed reading the book. i don't think he captured the entire truth, as it was his perspective, and maybe even the publishing house had a say in how dramatic things should be described, after all they are interested in sales. i had the impression he felt/feels hurt. not more or less than that. one would have to hear madonna's and other people's take on it to get an idea what the truth really is.