Fighter

June 29/30 Offline for maintenance

Having issues with every few visits of getting logged out (even though I've selected to stay logged in each time) and when I try to log back in, it says I'm locked out of my account for 14 minutes.  Within 14 minutes, I can log back in, but after a few visits to the forum, I am logged back out again and faced with locked out my account again.  It's been happening since this last forum maintenance.  I thought to wait it out for a day or so to see if it would work itself out, but apparently it's some sort of bug or restriction set. 

4 minutes ago, Liam said:

Having issues with every few visits of getting logged out (even though I've selected to stay logged in each time) and when I try to log back in, it says I'm locked out of my account for 14 minutes.  Within 14 minutes, I can log back in, but after a few visits to the forum, I am logged back out again and faced with locked out my account again.  It's been happening since this last forum maintenance.  I thought to wait it out for a day or so to see if it would work itself out, but apparently it's some sort of bug or restriction set. 

you can only get locked out if you attempt to login with the wrong password several times. Try clearing your browser cache. Unless it's happening to other people I can't think how the forum software could be doing that.:confused:

20 minutes ago, Fighter said:

you can only get locked out if you attempt to login with the wrong password several times. Try clearing your browser cache. Unless it's happening to other people I can't think how the forum software could be doing that.:confused:

That's the first thing I did when it happened a couple times.  I cleared my browser cache/history.  Also, I only have to try to log in Once and it locks me out!  Then I log in the same way 14 minutes later, and I'm in. Then several visits later, I'm logged out of my account again.  Why am I getting logged out of my account in the first place?  I've never had this issue before until this latest forum maintenance.  

Edit: Adding, I just logged in and logged out of my account several times with the same username/password with no issues.  But again, it seems after a few visits to the forum, I'm somehow logged back out of my account, and when I make that first attempt to log back in, I'm locked out of my account.

Second edit: I removed cookies, etc. for this site once again.  I was able to log in successfully.  However, I'm not sure that's entirely the issue since for some reason I'm being logged out of my account every few visits, even though each time when I try to log in, I select "stay logged in". 

31 minutes ago, Liam said:

That's the first thing I did when it happened a couple times.  I cleared my browser cache/history.  Also, I only have to try to log in Once and it locks me out!  Then I log in the same way 14 minutes later, and I'm in. Then several visits later, I'm logged out of my account again.  Why am I getting logged out of my account in the first place?  I've never had this issue before until this latest forum maintenance.  

Edit: Adding, I just logged in and logged out of my account several times with the same username/password with no issues.  But again, it seems after a few visits to the forum, I'm somehow logged back out of my account, and when I make that first attempt to log back in, I'm locked out of my account.

Second edit: I removed cookies, etc. for this site once again.  I was able to log in successfully.  However, I'm not sure that's entirely the issue since for some reason I'm being logged out of my account every few visits, even though each time when I try to log in, I select "stay logged in". 

I'll investigate and see if I can do something on my end. I'm not having login issues on the 2 devices I use for the forum myself. 

I waited a day to respond to make sure.  So far so good!!