Happy 32, True Blue!

Turuncan

Apart from this forum, I am also writing at a Turkish site where you can practically talk about anything. And today I felt like writing about “True Blue” album. I wrote about its cultural impact, importance within Madonna’s career, content etc. Then of course, while lying lazily in the hammock, I wanted to listen to the album. And there at Spotify I coincidentally learnt that it was released on June 30 1986, exactly 32 years ago. And unbeknownst to me, I felt like talking about and listening to it. 

Sometimes I believe in “the powers that be”.

Anyway, thoughts about the album? I’d say it is not in my top 5, but I like every song on this album. Short and sweet, and in addition to being her best selling studio album, it is significant that all five singles off “True Blue” reached #1 on either American or British charts, if not both, like in ‘Papa Don’t Preach’s case.

And so far, it has been her only album from which she performed at least one song at each and every show of her tours.

It is also safe to say that this is Madonna’s most “girlish” and happiest album until the release of “Music”. Her marriages really made her happy!

I will always remember “True Blue” with that bleach-blond short hair, the iconic cover photo, and more mature and musically diverse songs that lead people to start taking her more seriously as an artist.

So, happy b’day! 

:08:

The essential classic album that must be listened to if a fan.  It's definitely the album that finally hooked me.  The whole new look and slick dance/pop mature sound.  Love it.  The album cover is iconic along side the "Vogue" look.   Definitely a top 5 album for me. 

Great topic!!!!  Love reading your thoughts @Turuncan