Madonna spotted at Wireless Festival

Fontainebleau

2 hours ago, Liam said:

I know!  I mean... state you HEAR something to that degree and cite no sources?  I'm pretty tight with Madonna news, and this is the first time I've heard anyone make such a statement!  Maybe @Rose Mist Studis just kidding?  ?

It's Not!  Don't worry!  Pure B.S!!!! 

Yes I’m just kidding but with Madonna’s past decade and her posting Beyoncé stuff and migos, yes, I’m a bit frightened that Mirwais is going to contain many feats.

50 minutes ago, Rose Mist Stud said:

Yes I’m just kidding but with Madonna’s past decade and her posting Beyoncé stuff and migos, yes, I’m a bit frightened that Mirwais is going to contain many feats.

So now she shows up at a festival, watching some “whoever act”, we automatically assume she’s tossed aside the last six months of an album she’s been working on? ? 

Even if she was scouting out this act which some are flipping out over, and ready to turn in their fan card, it would be at the most a feature on one song.  Anyway, I don’t believe they are homophonic! They also explained the word “queer” in the lyric they sang which gain heavy criticism, wasn’t derogatory. Possibly in this silly political correctness climate, we live in, it may have been best to not use that specific word in context of their song.  But then again, we live in a society that loves to twist the context of everything In hopes to bring people down. 

1 hour ago, Liam said:

So now she shows up at a festival, watching some “whoever act”, we automatically assume she’s tossed aside the last six months of an album she’s been working on? ? 

Even if she was scouting out this act which some are flipping out over, and ready to turn in their fan card, it would be at the most a feature on one song.  Anyway, I don’t believe they are homophonic! They also explained the word “queer” in the lyric they sang which gain heavy criticism, wasn’t derogatory. Possibly in this silly political correctness climate, we live in, it may have been best to not use that specific word in context of their song.  But then again, we live in a society that loves to twist the context of everything In hopes to bring people down. 

Wow, you are so ready to excuse the inexcusable just in case Madonna is working with them, aren't you?

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, G House said:

Wow, you are so ready to excuse the inexcusable just in case Madonna is working with them, aren't you?

Pardon me while I'll explain!  ?

I didn’t find that lyric “inexcusable”.  They explained their intent in using the word “Queer” and even cited a dictionary source behind their non derogatory lyrics.  Unfortunately, a lot of people ignored it, or let the media distort their view of the situation. I've accepted their explanation and word of apology.  I refuse to fall in line with some in our society who get all bent out of shape every time they take what others say out of context.  People love to crucify people over and over and over, even when they try to explain and apologize. 

I for one don't believe they are homophobic. These people have gay friends and family. They also parade around in designer clothes designed by gay people. But of course, some prefer to ignore that fact. 

I hope that helps you understand my perspective.  I'm not trying to excuse anything here.  I think you and most people know that I would not tolerate someone intentionally trying to hate on another person or a group of people, especially gay people.  But I'm also going to hear their side of it too, before going all ape shit on them, and boycotting them.  That's just how I personally feel about it!!  ?

I understand the opposite views. On the one hand Migos are bashing gay people like iLoveMakonnen, on the other hand they claim to have gay friends. And Quavo even worked with Frank Ocean. Both iLoveMakonnen and Frank Ocean claim Migos are not homophobic. Or are they just making excuses for Migos because of their popularity which they want to use? We can't be sure and that's why I say Madonna shouldn't work with Migos. At least not until Migos learn to truly embrace the gay community. Anyway, here's an article in GQ Magazine which sheds some light on the discussion:

https://www.gq.com/story/migos-quavo-will-always-have-to-reckon-with-his-past