Create a new Madonna Compilation Album (of your choice)

Ulisaax640

Imagine madonna wanted you to create a new Greatest hits or the best of madonna album.

Create a madonna compilation Album of your choice and year. You can also pick singles you would want to promote the album (if you want)

Mine is Going to be a Nonstop Mixed Album.

Madonna - In A Trance (2 Disk)

01 Express Yourself

02 Deeper & Deeper

03 Vogue

04 Spotlight

05 Holiday

06 Where's The Party

07 Open Your Heart

08 Into The Groove

09 Papa Don't Preach

10 Material Girl

11 Dress You Up

12 Burning Up

Bonus - La Isla Bonita

Disc 2

01 Beautiful Killer

02 Die Another Day

03 Get Together

04 History

05 Superpop

06 Celebration

07 Give It 2 Me

08 Sorry

09 Let It Will Be

10 Hung Up

11 Love Spent

12 I'm A Sinner

13 Hollywood

14 Ray Of Light

2 hours ago, Music...come..together.AL3 said:

She got signed in 1982, but she was around since 79.. i believe in a band.. maybe in was 77.

Well, either way, her recording career as Madonna didn't start till 1982 so 40th anniversary is a few years away ? .

If there is another "greatest hits" package however, in 2022 or whenever, it can't be a 2 disc release though anymore - her career at this stage deserves a proper retrospective with Gambler, Angel, Rescue Me and many others included this time around. 

3 hours ago, Music...come..together.AL3 said:

She got signed in 1982, but she was around since 79.. i believe in a band.. maybe in was 77.

She was in college in 1977.   She started playing drums for the Breakfast Club '79 and later started to sing for them, before leaving them in starting her own band called Emmys.  But as @kesiakstated, her recording career didn't start until '82 when she was signed by Sire Records. None of the songs you've listed were released before '82.

Also, Why are you limiting the demos or NOT to add Arioso? 

A record to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Breakfastclub/Emmy/Gotham would really be the best thing! We don't need another GH, unless it features at least three unreleased tracks.

We already missed many anniversary editions: Erotica 25, True Blue 30. Maybe LAP with the demos (Love attack, Angels, First is a kiss, Possessive love) would be sooo good, too good to be true. Nevertheless, if the Emmy movie is successful maybe we could have something related. Dan Gilroy can you hear me? Steven Bray has still to release Pre-Madonna volume 2.

11 minutes ago, Enrico said:

A record to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Breakfastclub/Emmy/Gotham would really be the best thing! We don't need another GH, unless it features at least three unreleased tracks.

We already missed many anniversary editions: Erotica 25, True Blue 30. Maybe LAP with the demos (Love attack, Angels, First is a kiss, Possessive love) would be sooo good, too good to be true. Nevertheless, if the Emmy movie is successful maybe we could have something related. Dan Gilroy can you hear me? Steven Bray has still to release Pre-Madonna volume 2.

I agree!  At this time, the only best compilation she could release is a true remaster set with the inclusion of rare and demo tracks. Anything else, what's the point?  Anyone can put together a compilation of their favorite Madonna tracks these days.  And this would only sell to hard core fans anyway.  No one else cares about her demos/unreleased songs. 

I don't expect anything in a compilation form for a long time to come.  Possibly a Box set of such may happen in the next ten to twenty years.  Unfortunately, I don't really expect it to really happen until she's passed on. 

and @Music...come..together.AL3there is no rule here to create an imaginary compilation list. Not sure why you're needing to ask permission of administration for people to list songs for compilation they wish to have???

2 minutes ago, Music...come..together.AL3 said:

@Liam, i apologize.. 

Lets not turn this into an argument. 

Ill change it. 

No argument?  I'm just confused why you think there needs to be permission to post a dream list of songs one would want for a compilation?   If you were asking people to upload demos, then yes that would be a violation to the forum rules, but you're not asking anyone to do that? 

A box-set release that contain's every single release since 1982 to present would be the best idea, but also for it to be a complete career retrospective that pays some attention to the very evolution of Madonna's career, so the inclusion of some remastered demos from the Emmy/Breakfast Club, as well as early incarnations of famous tracks, and unreleased outtakes would be absolutely amazing. A release somewhat similar to the Michael Jackson Ultimate Collection box set that was released in 2004 would be absolutely amazing... though she really could expand upon that greatly.

However, all this is wishful thinking, and such a release would never happen. She (and her label) doesn't care enough about her back catalogue to put any work into such a career retrospective release... sadly.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

No argument?  I'm just confused why you think there needs to be permission to post a dream list of songs one would want for a compilation?   If you were asking people to upload demos, then yes that would be a violation to the forum rules, but you're not asking anyone to do that? 

If youre not being asked the question the least you can do is be polite, if youre gonna answer for me.

26 minutes ago, Fighter said:

If youre not being asked the question the least you can do is be polite, if youre gonna answer for me.

Excuse me? Where was I impolite?  Not one thing I said in this thread was impolite or rude. 

17 minutes ago, Liam said:

Excuse me? Where was I impolite?  Not one thing I said in this thread was impolite or rude. 

If you're gonna answer questions directed at staff then you better be as polite as possible, otherwise you don't answer. I don't think the "Why are you asking this?" smart tone you took was the way we would've answered it. They didn't know something hence they were asking US. You're not staff. I hope you understand.