Madonna and Drake collaboration?

Guest Sonny

Guest Sonny

The Daily Star (I know ?) is reporting that Madonna and Drake are working together on some new music for her upcoming album. They are both in London right now and apparently this time around they want to make this collaboration happen. I know that the Daily Star is not a reliable source but I was wondering if this would be a good idea after all?  Drake could make her chart high again but would you like this to happen? After Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Chance the Rapper now Drake and maybe even Migos? ? Here is the source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/715360/drake-madonna-jesy-nelson-kylie-jenner-selena-gomez-michael-buble-fleur-east-george-ezra

Personally, I think (and hope) that this is false.

It'd do her wonders on the charts. I don't mind Drake much, just don't listen to his back catalog. I've liked what he's done in the last year though. And I, personally, think she needs to release songs without a guest rapper and then make their raps part of the single version. The last decade has been nothing but album versions or maybe a radio edit for singles. 

I long to see a new Madonna album release without a (featuring....) tag in brackets after several song titles. I would really love for her to stay far away from flavour of the moment rap/hip-hop/R&B stars. That sound doesn't really work for her. Please Madonna, no more Nicki Minaj too. She's AWFUL!

Well, I always thought that the lead single should be a Madonna solo song and the collaborations for second and third singles...

I hear people talking about Nicki Minaj, Drake and all those rappers but I don't know how important are them for the sales. I mean, in my country rap doesn't sell much. Of course People know who they are but they haven't got enough power to make people buy a Madonna song just because they are on it. I even think that it's the opposite. When I talk with people about Madonna they always say "Yes, she's the queen", "She's incredible" and things like that and when you talk about her last singles and albums is like "Well, too much rappers on her albums... We understand she has to work with them to sell but we don't like them so...". 

On the other hand, when they hear songs like "Beautiful Killer" they usually love it because is "So Madonna". Maybe I'm completly wrong, but I understand that they are very important artists in the USA and other countries but are them so important all over the world??? I think it could be interested to see how a lead single with just Madonna on it go today on the charts... Maybe they get a surprise... Who knows???

On 7/11/2018 at 5:01 AM, Dunk96 said:

We do not need any more shitty rap collaborations on this project. We already have three albums full of them,let's not make it a fourth. :Madonna056:

I agree but the reality is that if the record is going to sell to the teen/pre-teen market which is the most important market in pop, than she needs lots of famous rappers on it.

4 minutes ago, Rose Mist Stud said:

I agree but the reality is that if the record is going to sell to the teen/pre-teen market which is the most important market in pop, than she needs lots of famous rappers on it.

I don't think fans of rap stars will buy some single just because their favorite rapper is a feature.

Only on Madonna forums fans act like BIM was some kind of a thing in 2015. Yes, people talked about it and it got a lot of views on YT and that's it. Those celebs didn't help her to score a hit, a rap feature didn't help her to score a hit. It did better than LFL and GT, but it was a flop too.

If Madonna decides to focus on teens, then older people might not support her.