Which Ballad from RH is your favorite and why?

Ulisaax640

19 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

Ghosttown,Messiah and Heartbreak City are my personal favorite ballads off of Rebel Heart. I think Madonna should do an album of half dance songs and half ballads because her newer ballads are simply haunting in composition (Falling Free is an excellent example).

I Looooooovvvvve falling free. First time i heard it, it was haunting to me.

28 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

Ghosttown,Messiah and Heartbreak City are my personal favorite ballads off of Rebel Heart. I think Madonna should do an album of half dance songs and half ballads because her newer ballads are simply haunting in composition (Falling Free is an excellent example).

I love your idea!  Or just another ballad album.  I remember back in the 80's, when I became a huge fan, dying for more ballads from her.  She had very few by the end of the 80's, still.  But as time went on, she kept adding more beautiful ballads to her catalog.  I was in heaven in the 90's. 

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

I love your idea!  Or just another ballad album.  I remember back in the 80's, when I became a huge fan, dying for more ballads from her.  She had very few by the end of the 80's, still.  But as time went on, she kept adding more beautiful ballads to her catalog.  I was in heaven in the 90's. 

A new ballads compilation would be a fantastic concept to cover her career up to the new album (adding from Evita,ROL,Music,American Life,Hard Candy,MDNA,and Rebel Heart as well as other ballads that didn't make it on to Something To Remember which if I'm not mistaken was just Promise To Try and Pray For Spanish Eyes; I left Confessions out because there were no ballads on that album unless you turned Forbidden Love on that album into a stripped version of it but IMO it'd take the magic of the sounds out of the song) it'd be a great way for Madonna to cash in on promo for the new album and the anticipation for it. Plus she doesn't have to do any work (unless she decided to record a new ballad for this album) except choosing songs and a photoshoot for the album cover/booklet.

2 minutes ago, Dunk96 said:

A new ballads compilation would be a fantastic concept to cover her career up to the new album (adding from Evita,ROL,Music,American Life,Hard Candy,MDNA,and Rebel Heart as well as other ballads that didn't make it on to Something To Remember which if I'm not mistaken was just Promise To Try and Pray For Spanish Eyes; I left Confessions out because there were no ballads on that album unless you turned Forbidden Love on that album into a stripped version of it but IMO it'd take the magic of the sounds out of the song) it'd be a great way for Madonna to cash in on promo for the new album and the anticipation for it. Plus she doesn't have to do any work (unless she decided to record a new ballad for this album) except choosing songs and a photoshoot for the album cover/booklet.

As much as I love "Spanish Eyes" and "Promise To Try", I don't ever see them being included on any future ballads album.  And honestly, no one but the fans really know those songs to work on a ballad album which would sell.  But for a ballad's album to work, she would have to include new songs.  I rather her just do a ballads album with all new songs.  Anymore, anyone can put together their own collection of ballads already out there.  An original new album of ballads would probably be more of a seller than just a collection of what's already out there.  Unless, she re-records them in a different way? 

12 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Wash All Over Me (if only the mastering/mixing wasn't crap; it's way too low)
HeartBreakCity
Messiah

No "Ghosttown"?   ?

Don't comment if you truly hate it. My heart will sink as you've become one of my favorite and respected members here. :01:

8 minutes ago, Liam said:

No "Ghosttown"?   ?

Don't comment if you truly hate it. My heart will sink as you've become one of my favorite and respected members here. :01:

I mean I like it and its remixes; but for some reason Messiah stuck with me from the very first teases on Instagram because of the whole "I'll cast a spell" thinking it would be magic or something.

WAOM because of the demo and how it transformed from ballad, dance to the final version (though the volume is terrible) just one of my favorite tracks from RH. Would have loved a live performance during the song request but it didn't happen.

HBC because of the on/off again with my last ex. Truly expressed what I was feeling and hearing it beautifully mixed with "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" was a fan's dream minus the omission from the DVD/BR.

I also like Joan of Arc via the finalized demo version (Ellen version) that was set to be released but scrapped. Those three are just my top three but Ghosttown is great; giving me those Carpenter vibes.

1 minute ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I mean I like it and its remixes; but for some reason Messiah stuck with me from the very first teases on Instagram because of the whole "I'll cast a spell" thinking it would be magic or something.

WAOM because of the demo and how it transformed from ballad, dance to the final version (though the volume is terrible) just one of my favorite tracks from RH. Would have loved a live performance during the song request but it didn't happen.

HBC because of the on/off again with my last ex. Truly expressed what I was feeling and hearing it beautifully mixed with "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" was a fan's dream minus the omission from the DVD/BR.

I also like Joan of Arc via the finalized demo version (Ellen version) that was set to be released but scrapped. Those three are just my top three but Ghosttown is great; giving me those Carpenter vibes.

Official Remixes of "Ghosttown"?    I agree they are horrible, but the original song in original form is magnificent.  Though, I don't disagree with you other assessment of the other songs you mentioned.  They all are great songs.  Yet, "Ghosttown" seems to grab me the most out of all the other ballads. It's interesting that's pretty much the only song that demos didn't surface.  That song should have been kept quiet until the whole album was unveiled.  Other than that, it should have been a single right away.   I love "Living for Love", but I think "Ghosttown" could have made a major impact if released first.  Then again, I loved other songs like "Addicted" which was saved for the Deluxe Album.  So what do I know?

2 minutes ago, Liam said:

Official Remixes of "Ghosttown"?    I agree they are horrible, but the original song in original form is magnificent.  Though, I don't disagree with you other assessment of the other songs you mentioned.  They all are great songs.  Yet, "Ghosttown" seems to grab me the most out of all the other ballads. It's interesting that's pretty much the only song that demos didn't surface.  That song should have been kept quiet until the whole album was unveiled.  Other than that, it should have been a single right away.   I love "Living for Love", but I think "Ghosttown" could have made a major impact if released first.  Then again, I loved other songs like "Addicted" which was saved for the Deluxe Album.  So what do I know?

I do love the Offer Nissim one for my cardio workouts. The dramatic intro is beautiful. There's clunkers in every remix EP but that one does stand out for me. I've loved the majority of M's remixes done by him. Especially GGW.

Yeah, she definitely should have released that song as the lead especially during the winter season as it went perfectly to have a ballad and saved "Living For Love" for around the promotion she originally had set in February.

7 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I do love the Offer Nissim one for my cardio workouts. The dramatic intro is beautiful. There's clunkers in every remix EP but that one does stand out for me. I've loved the majority of M's remixes done by him. Especially GGW.

Yeah, she definitely should have released that song as the lead especially during the winter season as it went perfectly to have a ballad and saved "Living For Love" for around the promotion she originally had set in February.

Totally agree. The slowed down vocals for the mixes of her several of her latest songs nauseate me.  But I love the dramatic intro of "Offer Nissim's" mix as you mentioned.  Nothing else compares to the original mix though.  But I've always loved the mixes that retain the originality of the song it's remixed.  I'm a big fan of the earlier "Extended Mixes" of the 80's song. I do like some of her remixes which change the song completely, but for the most part I don't.  I think when I first heard "The Power Of Goodbye" remixes, it was the first time I was strongly disappointed with her remixes.  Her remixes of "Music", "American Life", and even "4 Minutes" redeemed me. I also enjoyed most of the remixes from the MDNA single songs.

I love Messiah! it's got this little gothic touch that I love. I think it's the best ballad from the RH album. I love the lyrics and I love the melody. I don't care that much for ghosttown, I think it's too middle-of-the-road. The same goes for Wash All Over Me, which I think is a bit messy. As if Madonna couldn't decide between the song being a dance number or a ballad, so it's got a little bit of both and it doesn't work for me. Heartbreak City on the other hand, I do like. I know fans have much love for the track Joan of Arc, but to me it's just filler. The lyrics and melody don't work for me. So five stars for Messiah, four stars for Heartbreak City, two stars for Wash All Over Me, two stars as well for Ghottown and one star for Joan of Arc.

In the end it's all a matter of difference in taste and I'm glad Madonna's discography is so enormous that there really is something for everyone.

I like ghosttown as well, but most of all because i love thea...

Lol JK but yeah i love GT as well but i'd go with messiah, like i said, for me its like an updated version of frozen.

I think she should make another ballad compilation. You know adding more of her ballads or acoustic versions... Hey maybe she could strip down love profusion into an Acoustic version.

Also adding Promise to try to the Compilation.

Guest Sonny

Ghosttown and HeartBreakCity. The first one because it's simply one of her best songs ever recorded and the music video is just amazing. HBC because I can relate to it. Madonna expresses the sadness you feel in that particular emotional situation so much.

16 hours ago, Unapologetic-Jay said:

I think she should make another ballad compilation. You know adding more of her ballads or acoustic versions... Hey maybe she could strip down love profusion into an Acoustic version.

Also adding Promise to try to the Compilation.

She definitely should do that. There have been many beautiful ballads since “Something to Remember” and also some that haven’t been included in it, like ‘Spanish Eyes’ and ‘Bad Girl’.