Madonna's vocals on 'God is a woman' Music Video by Ariana Grande

Dazedmadonna

Pretty awesome.  Obviously, 'God' has a southern accent.  LOL!  I agree with another poster, at first you wonder "is that really her", but for me it was a split second and I knew it was her. Her voice sounds very much like she sounded when performing "The Funny Song" on the the Drowned World Tour.

I'm glad all this drama behind Madonna being featured on an Arianna track wasn't all wasted.  I'm happy to admit I was partially wrong in thinking it wasn't going to happen.  Though, she's only part of the video, not the actual song. 

44 minutes ago, Bel said:

She's not a good actress.

i mean she was nice on The Beast Within type of stuff or If You Forget Me she could put the right inflection. This reminds me of her political speeches with the ‘angry’ screaming voice she likes so much lol. But I mean its fun that she did this for Ariana. Also crazy to think some people dont know who she is, they must not be very informed on world events.

2 minutes ago, Unapologetic-Jay said:

Same here. I didnt notice at first lol. She does sound pretty funny and weird

I think its supposed to be a parody of how we think God should sound. We want God to be powerful and direct. Here the concept is that God is a woman and she's taking a stab at a masculine leaning society. Plus, the Southern accent just nails it away further. Who knows God better than a southerner? (I'm a Christian and a Southerner, so don't shoot any arows at me, just know my region).