Need help creating M albums for my pal!

galnerdic

Howdy everyone!

My pal's birthday is coming up and they're a huge fan of Madonna. I want to make them 3 albums.  Would anyone be kind enough to help name songs that should be on them?

Album 1: Live album that has songs M has only performed live + her most iconic & best performances, & performances where she changed up songs if she has any? (For example, did she ever sing a dance song acoustically, did she ever make a ballad into a dance song, did she change lyrics to a song, or change up songs in other ways that worked well?) [This is the one I need the most help with!]

Album 2: Songs not on albums (not bonus tracks) that tend to be forgotten about.

Album 3: The best / highest quality songs from before she was famous

I would greatly appreciate anyone who has suggestions and I thank you so very much!

:02:

Well, that's so many options, I'll give you some, based on my personal opinions :)

Live songs

The Girlie Show: "Rain" and "Everybody" both got new lines taken from other artists' songs. I really like how joyful and upbeat the latter was turned into in this tour, but my favorite song from this concert is the version of "Vogue".

Re-Invention Tour: "Deeper and Deeper" is a must-one to your collection, cause it's a dance song that was revamped to a jazz version, exactly as you wish. I like "Into the Groove" too, in which she changed some verses, put some Scottish influences and invited Missy Eliiot to join this new version.

Confessions Tour: well, the best Madonna's tour IMO. "Music Inferno", just watch this performance and I won't need to convince you of anything. "Erotica" was incredible too, totally remade for this tour, lyrically and musically speaking, based on its demo version "You Thrill Me". And the performance of "Lucky Star / Hung Up" is memorable.

Sticky & Sweet Tour: "Human Nature" with Britney Spears and "La Isla Bonita" with Kolpakov Trio are my suggestion. Also, the "Get Stupid" interlude.

MDNA Tour: the intro with "Girl Gone Wild" is capable to give you the shivers. The performance of "Express Yourself" with the shade over Lady Gaga became famous too. The version of "Open Your Heart" with Kalakan trio was amazing, tied with the ones of "Vogue" and "Celebration" in greatness.

Rebel Heart Tour: again, the intro with "Iconic", perhaps the best intro of all her tours IMO. "Holy Water" got a very good version too, with more lines from "Vogue" sung than the album version. You may like the acoustic versions of "True Blue" and "Who's That Girl", from what you described you're looking for. "Deeper and Deeper" and "Like a Virgin" were amazing too.

Non-albums tracks (b-sides and outtakes worth listening)

Erotica: "Shame" and "You're the One".

Bedtime Stories: "Love Won't Wait" and "Your Honesty" (the latter was included in her "Remixed & Revisited" EP)

Ray of Light: "Gone Gone Gone", "Like a Flower", "Revenge" and "Has To Be" (the latter was a b-side to "Ray of Light" single)

Music: "Run", "Liquid Love", "Arioso" and "Cyberraga" (the latter was a b-side to "Music" single)

Confessions on a Dance Floor: "Keep the Trance", "Superpop", "Triggering" and "History" (the latter was a b-side to "Jump" single)

Hard Candy: "Across the Sky", "Animal" and "Pala Tute"

Celebration: "Broken"

Rebel Heart: "Freedom", "God Is Love", "Nothing Lasts Forever", "Queen" and "Wash All Over Me (Avicii's demo)" (the latter is a completely different version from the one that made the cut).

44 minutes ago, karlafalves said:

Well, that's so many options, I'll give you some, based on my personal opinions :)

Live songs

The Girlie Show: "Rain" and "Everybody" both got new lines taken from other artists' songs. I really like how joyful and upbeat the latter was turned into in this tour, but my favorite song from this concert is the version of "Vogue".

Re-Invention Tour: "Deeper and Deeper" is a must-one to your collection, cause it's a dance song that was revamped to a jazz version, exactly as you wish. I like "Into the Groove" too, in which she changed some verses, put some Scottish influences and invited Missy Eliiot to join this new version.

Confessions Tour: well, the best Madonna's tour IMO. "Music Inferno", just watch this performance and I won't need to convince you of anything. "Erotica" was incredible too, totally remade for this tour, lyrically and musically speaking, based on its demo version "You Thrill Me". And the performance of "Lucky Star / Hung Up" is memorable.

Sticky and Sweet Tour: "Human Nature" with Britney Spears and "La Isla Bonita" with Kolpakov Trio are my suggestion. Also, the "Get Stupid" interlude.

MDNA Tour: the intro with "Girl Gone Wild" is capable to give you the shivers. Ther performance of "Express Yourself" with the shade over Lady Gaga became famous too. The version of "Open Your Heart" with Kalakan trio was amazing, tied with the ones of "Vogue" and "Celebration" in greatness.

Rebel Heart Tour: again, the intro with "Iconic", perhaps the best intro of all her tours IMO. "Holy Water" got a very good version too, with more lines from "Vogue" sung than the album version. You may like the acoustic versions of "True Blue" and "Who's That Girl", from what you described you're looking for. "Deeper and Deeper" and "Like a Virgin" were amazing too.

Bedtime Stories: "Love Won't Wait" and "Your Honesty" (the latter was included in her "Remixed & Revisited EP)

Ray of Light: "Gone Gone Gone", "Like a Flower", "Revenge" and "Has To Be" (the latter was a b-side to "Ray of Light" single)

Music: "Run", "Liquid Love", "Arioso" and "Cyberraga" (the latter was a b-side to "Music" single)

Confessions on a Dance Floor: "Keep the Trance", "Superpop", "Triggering" and "History" (the latter was a b-side to "Jump" single)

Rebel Heart: "Freedom", "God Is Love", "Nothing Lasts Forever", "Queen" and "Wash All Over Me (Avicii's demo)" (the latter is a completely different version from the one that made the cut).

Wow! Thank you so much for all of these suggestions! I will check these out for sure! <3

10 hours ago, karlafalves said:

Live songs

Sticky & Sweet Tour: "Human Nature" with Britney Spears and "La Isla Bonita" with Kolpakov Trio are my suggestion. Also, the "Get Stupid" interlude.

MDNA Tour: the intro with "Girl Gone Wild" is capable to give you the shivers. The performance of "Express Yourself" with the shade over Lady Gaga became famous too. The version of "Open Your Heart" with Kalakan trio was amazing, tied with the ones of "Vogue" and "Celebration" in greatness.

Bedtime Stories: "Love Won't Wait" and "Your Honesty" (the latter was included in her "Remixed & Revisited" EP)

Among non album tracks, you can't miss the wonderful AL / Hello Suckers demos : Miss You / The Game / I'm In Love With Love / Set The Right / If You Go Away (piano version) / Boum / Is This Love (Bon d'accord). 

If You Mean Forgotton Album Tracks (Or Under-Rated Songs)

1. Physical Attraction
2. Love Don't Live Here Anymore
3. Love Makes The World Go Round
4. Oh Father
5. In This Life
6. Love Tried To Welcome Me
7. Little Star
8. Impressive Instant
9. Intervention
10. Isaac
11. Heartbeat
12. Some Girls
13. Rebel Heart

Holiday Tears of A clown (acoustic makeover)

Frozen Sticky 2009 (dance edm mix)

Open your heart mdna (completely reworked)

Mother and father Today Show (acoustic)

Like a virgin/Love spent mdna (ballad, piano)

Sooner or later Oscar (iconic)

Erotica / you thrill me confessions tour (completely reworked + ytm is an outtake)

Those are what come to my mind about the Live part.

Outtakes/Rare Tracks:

1. Ain't No Big Deal ("Madonna" Outtake)
  2. Crazy for You (from "Vision Quest" OST)
  3. Gambler (from "Vision Quest" OST)
  4. Into the Groove (from "Desperately Seeking Susan")
  5. Who's That Girl (from "Who's That Girl" OST)
  6. Causing a Commotion (from "Who's That Girl" OST)
  7. The Look of Love (from "Who's That Girl" OST)
  8. Can't Stop (from "Who's That Girl" OST)
  9. Spotlight [Single Edit] ("True Blue" Outtake, appeared on the "You Can Dance" Remix Compilation)
  10. Supernatural ("Like a Prayer" Outtake)
  11. This Used to be My Playground (from "A League of Their Own" OST)
  12. Shame ("Erotica" Outtake)
  13. Goodbye to Innocence ("Erotica" Outtake)
  14. You Are the One ("Erotica" Outtake)
  15. I'll Remember (from "With Honors" OST)
  16. Your Honesty ("Bedtime Stories" Outtake)
  17. Freedom ("Bedtime Stories" Outtake)
  18. Love Won't Wait ("Bedtime Stories" Outtake)
  19. I Can't Forget ("Something to Remember" Outtake)
  20. Has to Be ("Ray of Light" Outtake)
  21. Like a Flower ("Ray of Light" Outtake)
  22. Revenge ("Ray of Light" Outtake)
  23. Gone, Gone, Gone ("Ray of Light" Outtake)
  24. Time Stood Still (From "The Next Best Thing")
  25. Cyber-raga ("Music" Outtake) / Mysore Style ("Music" Outtake)
  26. Run ("Music" Outtake)
  27. Like an Angel Passing Through My Rom ("Music" Outtake)
  28. Liquid Love ("Music" Outtake)
  29. La Petite Jeune Fille ("Music" Outtake) / Little Girl ("Music" Outtake)
  30. Arioso ("Music" Outtake)
  31. Set the Right ("American Life" Outtake)
  32. The Game ("American Life" Outtake)
  33. Cool Song ("American Life" Outtake)
  34. I'm in Love with Love (written during the Re-Invention Tour)
  35. Miss You (from "Hello Suckers!" Musical - cancelled)
  36. Is This Love (Bon D'Accord) (from "Hello Suckers!" Musical - cancelled)
  37. If You Go Away (from "Hello Suckers!" Musical - cancelled)
  38. Boum (from "Hello Suckers!" Musical - cancelled)
  39. Fighting Spirit  ("Confessions on a Dance Floor" Outtake)
  40. History (Remix) / History (Original) ("Confessions on a Dance Floor" Outtake)
  41. Triggering ("Confessions on a Dance Floor" Outtake)
  42. Superpop ("Confessions on a Dance Floor" Outtake)
  43. Keep the Trance ("Confessions on a Dance Floor" Outtake) / Hey You (from "Live Earth")
  44. Animal ("Hard Candy" Outtake)
  45. Pala Tute ("Hard Candy" Outtake)
  46. Across the Sky ("Hard Candy" Outtake)
  47. The Beat Is So Crazy ("Hard Candy" Outtake)
  48. Beat Goes On (First Leaked Demo) ("Hard Candy" Outtake)
  49. Broken ("Celebration" Outtake)
  50. It's So Cool ("Celebration" Outtake, Remix of "Cool Song" from American Life)
  51. Bang Bang Boom ("MDNA" Outtake, early version of Gang Bang)
  52. Auto-Tune Baby ("Rebel Heart" German Exclusive Bonus Track)
  53. Addicted ("Rebel Heart" Super Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  54. Graffiti Heart ("Rebel Heart" Super Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  55. Beautiful Scars ("Rebel Heart" Super Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  56. Borrowed Time ("Rebel Heart" Super Deluxe Edition Bonus Track)
  57. Queen ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  58. Never Let You Go ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  59. Nothing Lasts Forever ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  60. Two Steps Behind Me ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  61. Freedom ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  62. God Is Love ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  63. Back That Up (Do It) ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  64. Take a Day ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  65. Take It Back ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  66. Heaven ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  67. Score ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  68. Trust No Bitch ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)
  69. Alone with You ("Rebel Heart" Outtake)

The bold ones are the ones I think are worth a listen! :)