What did you like most about about RIT?

Ulisaax640

Just now, Andymad said:

Your idea of Express Yourself has me gagging. I want I want I want. Imagine on tour you’re waiting for the next song and all of a sudden those trio of drums into the saxophones from the original album version. I’d seriously drop.

I would have loved if they kept the marching band drums they used at the end of the MDNA Tour performance throughout the ENTIRE song to give it a bit more OOMPH.

That's kind of what I would have imagined for the RIT version as well. Why they decided to put Papa Don't Preach in there always baffled me. That song belonged in the previous section.

14 minutes ago, BItch I'm Madonna said:

I would have loved if they kept the marching band drums they used at the end of the MDNA Tour performance throughout the ENTIRE song to give it a bit more OOMPH.

That's kind of what I would have imagined for the RIT version as well. Why they decided to put Papa Don't Preach in there always baffled me. That song belonged in the previous section.

Very true. And it was so damn short, same on MDNA. ITG felt like it was 17 minutes long.

8 hours ago, Turuncan said:

You’re right. Being a never-bootleg-buying person, I guess I will just get enough with what we already have until  come hell and high water and they decide to release them on DVD. 

I also love VHS, but never experienced LaserDisc before. Do you think I can buy a LD player if I want to? Are they still available?

I really have no idea. I guess with some digging on-line you might find a LD player.  Maybe Ebay?  I'm sure the Blond Ambition Tour on LD is out there as well.  But seems kinda silly to buy  just a player for the one show. Then again, that was my whole reasoning in buying one. HA!  Yet, at the time, they were a new format and popular at the time.  I bought some other movies as well.  I still remember that DVD's came around shortly after and so when the Girlie Show came out, it was released in all three formats VHS/DVD/LD and I debated which format to buy.  I ended up buying the VHS since I wasn't certain about the future of LD and DVD's.  Later, I eventually bought the DVD.

When Laser disc did come out, they re-released the previous tours on Laser disc as well.  So The Virgin Tour and  Who's That Girl Tour was released on that format.  Also, her video collections up to that point got a LD release:  Madonna and Immaculate Collection. Her films Truth or Dare and Dick Tracy also was released on LD. 

I remember back then people were on the fence with LD and VHS was still the popular format people were buying and renting.  It took several years for DVD to finally take over before VHS becoming less popular. 

2 hours ago, Liam said:

But seems kinda silly to buy  just a player for the one show. Then again, that was my whole reasoning in buying one. HA!

Not for just one show of course. I am an avid collector and I am trying to acquire as many items of the artists I love as possible. I have many different formats (vinyl, cassette, CD, VHS, DVD) of the same releases, even various among themselves (Japanese releases etc.). So I would probably go ahead and buy the LD releases of the DVDs and VHSs that I already possess. 

I don’t know if this is off topic, but does anyone know the reasoning behind the LD release? Was it majorly hyped up seeing how iconic and epic this tour was? Was the Japan show recorded specifically for this LD release? 

I just have this massive feeling that when the time comes that she EVER decided to release online/blu-ray, it would be the Japan show, and in its original quality lol.  And you know damn well not one person on her team would say “ohhhh M you should release the Paris show” LOL.  Am I wrong?

12 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I don’t know if this is off topic, but does anyone know the reasoning behind the LD release? Was it majorly hyped up seeing how iconic and epic this tour was? Was the Japan show recorded specifically for this LD release? 

I just have this massive feeling that when the time comes that she EVER decided to release online/blu-ray, it would be the Japan show, and in its original quality lol.  And you know damn well not one person on her team would say “ohhhh M you should release the Paris show” LOL.  Am I wrong?

Laser Disc was an evolving format from the Video discs from the earlier 80's.  For a short time in the 90's, people felt that was going to be the next big thing.  And it was at first, but DVD's came around and people prefer something smaller and something you didn't have to turn over, half-way through the film/show.

I wouldn't say it was "major hype", but remember "Pioneer" was the sponsor for her BAT.  They were the leading Laser Disc producer at the time.  I'm sure it was all part of the promotional deal with Pioneer where they would get the rights to the release of the tour on their format.   Which makes me think, that's one of the major reasons it hasn't been released by now.

And I'm sorry, but my bet is that IF and when they release BAT on DVD format, it will be the exact show that is already on the Laser Disc.  Though I can't see why the Japan show would be out the question being that is readily available as well.  I just don't see anyone going back and going through other shot footage and putting together a whole new show as well as remastering it.