NowRadiate

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7415477/sky-ferreira-response-la-weekly-sexist-article-madonna   Sky Ferreira Responds to Sexist 'L.A. Weekly' Column, Shares Photo With Madonna   Last Friday (June 17), L.A. Weekly ran an online column about critically acclaimed alt-pop artist Sky Ferreira, which was roundly criticized throughout the media world for being sexist. The piece -- which spent an unnerving amount of words describing her breasts and comparing them to Madonna’s -- garner

groovyguy

Flashback:  Here’s what five producers have to say about the overlooked musician Madonna Ciccone:   NILE RODGERS “People don’t give Madonna the real respect and credit that she’s due. She is the single hardest working person I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with literally hundreds of stars. Madonna shows up early, stays late, she’ll do every single task you want her to do and more. She’s the kind of person that you dream about.†(source MTV UK)   STUART PRICE “Sheâ

groovyguy

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/   Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.   The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to goâ€

Performer extraordinaire Erika Jayne, also known as Erika Girardi from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, performed a cha cha to “Express Yourself†by Madonna on this week’s “Dancing with the Starsâ€.

She said…

This is one of my icons.

I’m a big fan of Madonna, always have been.

I’ve always looked to her for inspiration.

Like Madonna, she followed her dreams and moved to New York City when she was 18 to try and make it happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Debi Mazar Remembers Her Friend Keith Haring—and Madonna’s Unforgettable Wedding Weekend

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/04/debi-mazar-remembers-keith-haring-and-madonna-sean-penn-wedding

On Friday morning, actress Debi Mazar saw a familiar photo in her Instagram feed: a shot of herself and her late friend, artist Keith Haring, taken by their friend, artist Maripol. In the picture, a young Mazar peers at the camera as Haring, more clearly in focus, looks on behind her. Mazar shared the photo on her own account immediately. “I was like, ‘Aw, Keith,’ †she told Vanity Fair on a phone call Friday. “I think of Keith all the time, because his work is so present, and being much a part of what is so present and current in today’s climate—in terms of equality, immigration, sexuality, so many things.â€

As she looks more at the photo, though, Mazar said she also thinks of the weekend in 1985 that it was taken, which happened to be the weekend of her friend Madonna’s wedding to Sean Penn in Los Angeles. Those few days marked Mazar’s first-ever trip to L.A.—and a memorable one, at that.

“We kind of had a whole weekend planned, where the wedding was one day, and another day we went to restaurants and different activities, she said. “That particular day, we went to Mr. Chow’s,†she said, recalling the site of the photo with Haring.

That stop at Mr. Chow’s was only one highlight of the weekend. The wedding itself was Mazar’s first experience with a high-profile event of that magnitude. As she and her friend Lance Loud tore down the Pacific Coast Highway on their way to the ceremony, Mazar said she marveled at the beauty before her. It wasn’t long, though, before she noticed the buzzing of helicopters overhead, making a beeline toward Madonna and Penn’s wedding: “I thought the helicopters were chasing us, even though they weren’t,†Mazar recalled, chuckling.

When she and Loud arrived at the wedding, Mazar quickly learned that she had not been given a plus-one. Mazar had to leave her friend to enter the nuptials—which boasted a guest list that included Cher—alone. Her entrance to the ceremony was less than graceful:

“My poor friend dropped me off in Malibu, at Johnny Carson’s house, and I teetered on down the driveway—alone—and I got to the wedding, and my heel got caught into, like, the wood deck, and I basically tripped into the wedding,†she said.

After the wedding, at which Mazar said she could hardly hear a thing with the helicopters roaring overhead, she got into a limousine with a host of her artist friends: Haring, Martin Burgoyne, Andy Warhol, and Steve Rubell. Then, to top off the eventful day, Rubell vomited all over Mazar’s brand new pair of Manolo Blahniks. Mazar, who was making her money as a makeup artist at the time, said they were the first pair of shoes she had ever bought with her own money—which was scarce.

“I basically probably had my electricity turned off just to buy these shoes, and Rubell vomited on them,†she said.

The memory of that weekend was one of many in Mazar’s friendship with Haring, who died of AIDs at the age of 31 in February of 1990. She told Vanity Fair that she’d known Haring even before she met Madonna, the two having come up together in New York City.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Matthew Modine Remembers Madonna's 'Vision Quest' Scene: 'She Looked Like Boy George'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/matthew-modine-remembers-madonnas-vision-quest-scene-looked-like-boy-george-210407018.html

1985 was the year a rising pop star named Madonna went supernova thanks to her starring role in the hit comedy Desperately Seeking Susan and her first blockbuster North American concert tour. But the singer didn’t look like the next big music sensation when she turned up on the set of the high school wrestling movie Vision Quest — which was released in February 1985, two months before Susan and the Virgin Tour — to film a small role as a nightclub singer serenading the movie’s stars, Matthew Modine and Linda Fiorentino.

“She looked like Boy George,†Modine tells Yahoo Movies. “The producers were saying this girl was going to be such a big star, but I remember people not really being impressed.†Even her songs left listeners cold. First, she performed the largely forgotten “Gambler,†followed by “Crazy for You,†which has since become a staple of proms around the world, but slightly underwhelmed listeners at the time. “We thought, ‘Oh, that’s a sweet song,‘†Modine says of hearing that slow dance anthem for the first time.

Within a year, though, the actor discovered just how big a star Madonna had become. While visiting Rome to discuss a potential film role, Modine saw a giant poster of the singer’s face, with “Crazy for You†printed in Italian. “I thought, ‘Oh, she must be doing a concert here.’ But then I looked at the poster a little bit closer and at the bottom I saw myself [in a scene from the film] with my arms in the air. The movie had gone from being a Matthew Modine movie that Madonna was in to a Madonna movie that Matthew Modine was in! That’s how fate would have it.â€

Thirty-two years later, Vision Quest‘s Madonna-scored montages are among the highlights of a teen sports movie that’s clearly made in the image of The Karate Kid — a box-office sensation the year prior — but has its own unique moves.

Selena Gomez Praises Madonna’s ‘Truth Or Dare’ Documentary

http://www.idolator.com/7664027/selena-gomez-lgbtq-letter-madonna-truth-dare-documentary

...Selena then shared a cute anecdote about the first time she saw Madonna’s iconic Truth Or Dare documentary.

“My co-writer Justin Tranter couldn’t believe I had never seen the Madonna documentary Truth Or Dare and so while we were in Mexico he sat me down to watch it with him,†she remembers. “I loved it and was especially struck by how groundbreaking it was for the gay rights movement and how far LGBTQ rights have come in my lifetime. There is still a significant amount of work to do and I look forward to the day when a person is never judged, discriminated or feared for their sexuality.†Well said.

What we learned about Gal Gadot from her W Magazine profile

https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/photos/arts/gal-gadot-interview-w-magazine-what-we-learned

She loves Madonna.

Even though Gadot wasn't born until 1985, Madonna's iconic '80s outfit was one of her favorites.

Growing up in Israel, Gadot loved to dance. She was even part of a Madonna tribute show, where she got to perform "Vogue" and don a fake cone bra like the rock star.

https://www.facebook.com/madonnaparadise/videos/10154870188707979/

DGBGgBD.jpg

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2017/06/06/sofia-boutella-madonna-made-me-dance-better/

Sofia Boutella, who danced with Madonna on the Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet Tour, is currently doing a press tour to promote her new movie “The Mummy†with Tom Cruise.

During an interview with Access Hollywood she talked about how it was to dance with Madonna and also gave us a very interesting backstory on the “Isaac†number from the Confessions Tour.

Here’s the transcript…

It’s incredible. When I started dancing with Madonna, I was a complete tomboy.

I did ballet and then I did hip hop, because I wanted to break all the rules. I turned tomboy for some reason, because I thought it was fun.

Then I started dancing with her and she gave me a pair of heels for the first time, asking me if I ever danced in heels. I said “No†and she said “There’s a beginning for everything.â€

She taught me so much. She has such a strong work ethic. She cares so much about what she does and the way she does it, the way it’s delivered. She really puts her heart and soul into what she does and in anything, whether she’s directing a movie, whether she’s on stage having to do a performance. There is something very profound that she communicates well. Every number that I’ve ever done with her, she always asks me “Are you ok dancing with this? How do you feel?â€

She would go on her knees and fix your shoe. She would tell you the story of why this number exists.

She gave me a strong number, one that I will never forget on the Confessions [Tour], where I was in a cage and I was represented by a bird in the back of the screen. That was a way of being liberated. I was dancing in a cage and then the cage would open. Then I was free. The meaning of that… she was talking women in general. She made me dance far more, far better, because of the reasons.

Check out the incredible “Isaac†performance from Madonna’s Confessions Tour…

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up

https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/

Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.

The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to go†when he left.

Kevin reveals to the LA Times: “Yeah, I was embarrassed by it and kind of hurt by it. I just went back there because I was asked to go back. And I found the best word that I could. I never called her on it or whatever.?

He goes on to say that, nearly fifteen years later, Madonna embarrassed him again with a very public apology:

“But she did a really beautiful thing. She was performing [in L.A.] about three or four years ago, so I decided to take my daughters to see her. I just thought this is somebody they should see. I didn’t call anybody for tickets, I just got tickets and we went down….

“And about the third song in, the lights were down, and she said, ‘I want to apologize to someone.’ And all of a sudden my face starts to get hot…. And she says, ‘I want to apologize to Kevin Costner.’ She just said it very simply?I never wrote her to say thank you, but I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and that meant more to me than you could ever know.â€

Madonna and Kevin Costner Make Up

https://www.entertainmentwise.com/madonna-and-kevin-costner-make-up/

Kevin Costner has revealed how Madonna apologized for mocking him on film in her 1991 documentary, ?Truth Or Dare?.

The actor admits he was ?embarrassed? and ?hurt? by the scene showing him telling Madge backstage during the Blond Ambition tour that her show was ?neat? only for the singer to shove her finger down her throat and say, “Anybody who says my show is ‘neat’ has to go†when he left.

Kevin reveals to the LA Times: “Yeah, I was embarrassed by it and kind of hurt by it. I just went back there because I was asked to go back. And I found the best word that I could. I never called her on it or whatever.?

He goes on to say that, nearly fifteen years later, Madonna embarrassed him again with a very public apology:

“But she did a really beautiful thing. She was performing [in L.A.] about three or four years ago, so I decided to take my daughters to see her. I just thought this is somebody they should see. I didn’t call anybody for tickets, I just got tickets and we went down….

“And about the third song in, the lights were down, and she said, ‘I want to apologize to someone.’ And all of a sudden my face starts to get hot…. And she says, ‘I want to apologize to Kevin Costner.’ She just said it very simply?I never wrote her to say thank you, but I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and that meant more to me than you could ever know.â€

Gosh this is hilarious!

So, from what I understand, this happened on a Confessions Tour stop, right?

• 2 weeks later...

The Kevin Costner story is very old. If I'm not wrong she apologized with him during the "Drowned World Tour". I read some place that it wasn't on the 3rd song but that it was before "Oh Dear Daddy" but I can't be sure.

I've been looking for the story on Internet and the oldest date I find about this story is 2004, so I guess it was before the "Confessions Tour". It could have been on the "Re-Invention Tour" and I'm wrong about the "Drowned World Tour".

Seems that the apoligizes story surface to Internet very often. I found articles from 2004, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2017...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mary Lambert who directed many of #Madonna's early videos including "Borderline", "Like a Virgin", "Material Girl", "La Isla Bonita", and "Like a Prayer" talks about Madonna 'Nobody can take credit for Madonna except Madonna and that's the truth... '

• 2 weeks later...

Liam Gallagher reveals: 'I was crazy for Madonna'

LIAM Gallagher is hung up on Madonna.

By James Cabooter with Sam Mayers / Published 31st August 2017

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/641361/Liam-Gallagher-Madonna-inspiration-music

For years the star had us believe it was The Stone Roses that got him into the singing groove.

But he finally opened his heart and revealed he was crazy for Madge first.

But Liam only lives to tell his Madonna fetish after surviving a serious blow to the head.

Justifying his love, Liam explained: “I was always into football and I was never really into music.

“But then I got into some trouble at school, this geezer whacked me with this hammer and split my head open. When I woke up the first piece of music which went into my brain was Like A Virgin by Madonna.

“I was sitting in hospital, singing along to Like A Virgin. I was thinking: ‘What the f***?’.

“So Madonna, thank you very muchâ€

Liam Gallagher

But Liam must be disappointed that Madonna is a big fan of estranged brother Noel’s music first and foremost.

She even attended his 50th birthday party this year, unlike Liam.

Noel, meanwhile, has been teasing new solo music of his own.

He posted a picture of a tattered banner that read “It’s A Beautiful Worldâ€, thought to be the title of a song.