The Same Parts

Cher's Dancing Queen

I wonder what no 10 will be. I bet Money money money, she would sound fabulous on it! But with Does your mother know and Take a chance on me she could also!

15 minutes ago, Andymad said:

LIIIIIIVVVVIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!! So wait is this her bday gift to her fans? M? Ya listening?? 

Cher's bday is in March or May, love.

The tracks list is lacking in my opinion. I do like her version of Fernando , and I do like that she chose to cover One of Us, Gimme Gimme, Name of the Game. However, I wish she should have considered other ABBA tracks that were more obscure, not singles or hits for them and could have been wonderful for her style/voice. It seems gimmicky to me to do those ten tracks.

I loved how Madonna was drawn to Like an Angel Passing Through My Room; even if unreleased it shows her creative process and how she would approach a project like this.

Here are some songs I wish Cher would have done instead:

The Visitors, Slipping Through My Fingers, The Day Before You Came, Kisses of Fire, I Have A Dream, Knowing Me Knowing You, The King Has Lost His Crown, Take A Chance On Me, Dance (While the Music Still Goes On), Ring Ring, If It Wasn't For The Nights, Summer Night City, On and On and On

Dancing Queen, Chiquitita, Waterloo, Mamma Mia are such big hits for ABBA and known by so many I wish she would have not chosen those. IF looking at big ABBA hits, I think Take A Chance On Me would have been a better song choice for Cher.

I am looking forward to her version of One of Us and Winner Takes It All, so I am excited about those.

Hearing the Gimme Gimme clip takes me right back to Hung Up ... could be fun especially for drag queens!

53 minutes ago, Rory said:

The tracks list is lacking in my opinion. I do like her version of Fernando , and I do like that she chose to cover One of Us, Gimme Gimme, Name of the Game. However, I wish she should have considered other ABBA tracks that were more obscure, not singles or hits for them and could have been wonderful for her style/voice. It seems gimmicky to me to do those ten tracks.

I loved how Madonna was drawn to Like an Angel Passing Through My Room; even if unreleased it shows her creative process and how she would approach a project like this.

The Visitors, Slipping Through My Fingers, The Day Before You Came, Kisses of Fire, I Have A Dream, Knowing Me Knowing You, The King Has Lost His Crown, Take A Chance On Me, Dance (While the Music Still Goes On), Ring Ring, If It Wasn't For The Nights, Summer Night City, On and On and On

Dancing Queen, Chiquitita, Waterloo, Mamma Mia are such big hits for ABBA and known by so many I wish she would have not chosen those. IF looking at big ABBA hits, I think Take A Chance On Me would have been a better song choice for Cher.

I am looking forward to her version of One of Us and Winner Takes It All, so I am excited about those.

Hearing the Gimme Gimme clip takes me right back to Hung Up ... could be fun especially for drag queens!

You’ve listed so many songs I could not think of right away! Such great choices. Never know, she could go HAM on the recordings and release a few bonus tracks on a special edition. I hope so, I was really into her version of Fernando, and Super Trouper (vocoder and all). ABBA is so timeless, same as the BeeGees. I welcome all the covers. I can’t wait. This may be a filler before a new Cher album, bust she could do a part 2 down the road.

5 hours ago, Rory said:

Apparently she may be doing a part two album so fingers crossed some songs you mentioned end up on there. Id love her to cover Voulez-Vous.

1 minute ago, The Same Parts said:

Fernando is already on the soundtrack. I'm hoping this will be slightly different with no Andy Garcia.

SAME, although he's pretty much just backup.