Shep Pettibone interview for Billboard from 2015

cpl953h

Stumbled on this and it's a great read:

'Vogue' Producer Shep Pettibone's First Interview in 20 Years: On Making a Madonna Classic & Why He Left Music Behind

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6575923/vogue-producer-shep-pettibone-interview

Interesting stuff, like this:

[The "Express Yourself" remix] was a total reproduction and I totally rewrote the music. And I really started from scratch with "Express Yourself." And I think she was really impressed with that and she really… liked it. And, you know, the label liked it… She actually did the video to the album version, and then they synced my version to the video. So if you watch the video of "Express Yourself," you see the horn players on the carousel, but there's no horns playing, because I took those out.

57 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

His version of Express Yourself was pretty much a re-hash of his remix of Heart of Glass …

Never heard of the "Heart of Glass" remix. Doesn't change the fact that his remix of Express Yourself was the bomb!

Ooh I didn't know Shep remixed Blondie. Nice share. As for Express Yourself, I think he did GREAT justice to it and Keep it Together too... the original ones are way funkier but they also sound dated. I don't mean his remixes for Madonna still sound modern but there's a reason why she picked him to produce an entire record in 1992.