Madonna and animals

Enrico

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

Watching M dancing with snakes gave me the idea to recap her previous interaction with animals.

Feel free to complete the list!

DOG

HOTPtyRGTsP6w0YCdgp0WPPE-xc@550x833.jpg

d1825953d05563c2b6ca1508f3ac0e58.jpg

550x_madonna_1994.jpg

image.thumb.png.b8eb8492dedf8ca8e7db01e19ec602c7.png

Glitzy%20116.jpg

CAT

363bb9a93835cf8ef6ee8d281189413b.jpg

dbcaa564b1a43b0663745cd98493b144.jpg

madonna-dolce-gabbana.jpg

HORSE

HORSE-by-Klein-madonna-12353212-720-479-

madonna_and_her_horse_by_zantmarx.jpg

SNAKE

B4Gl4OxCQAASGC1.jpg

ELEPHANT

2bd6481c6ce5acea6ac7e530a76c971a.jpg

LION

gloria_madonna_the_lions_bride.jpg

COUGAR

whos-that-girl2.jpg?w=1920

MONKEY

image.png.58413d14436de6aa0b9ad88de0be6b56.png

GOLDFISH

madonna-and-goldfish-gallery.jpg

OCTOPUS (at 0:50)

HENS

16258159224_28ba7f2876_c.jpg

@ Enrico We can all agree the most interaction is in the Who's That Girl movie when Murray is returned at Mr Bell's: on top of his roof he created a Brazilian Rainforest filled with animals.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Yes, of course ;)

OK, thanks. 

I have not Instagram, so I didn't seen this video before. This is the reason why few minutes ago I was not able to understand what you were talking about 

oh saw the video after posting my comment so me and bob were in the same boat!!! Thank Enrico!

Unfortunately it looks like Madonna's dogs all come and go, but I'd be glad to know better if someone knows...

The first dog, Pepito, a pit bull terrier is featured Bedtime stories photoshoot, was a birthday present but apparently died in a freak accident on her patio in Miami. I don't know anything more...

madonna_and_pepito_by_scrawnyfella.jpg

Madonna: role model for bad dog owners

Madonna and chi

There are many reasons for the Chihuahuas filling the animal shelters in California. This is one.

During the 1990s Madonna was often photographed with her three Chihuahuas, Evita, Chiquita, and Rosita. This was before Brittany and she who won’t be named on this blog were photographed carrying them in their Louis Vuittons.

We have to wonder how many puppy mills shifted to high Chihuahua production when Madonna featured one of the dogs in a music video.

They wore collars worth thousands of dollars as she carried them around for photo ops in public displays of affection. This became a fad for other celebrities and wannabees.

Then when she started her family, the dogs disappeared. She simply gave them away like last season’s shoes, according to sourcesNo one seems to know where they went after Madonna gave them away.

Source:

http://thepoodleanddogblog.typepad.com/the_poodle_and_dog_blog/2013/06/madonna-the-role-model-for-bad-dog-owners.html

Before Paris Hilton’s Tinkerbell and Britney Spears’ Bit Bit, Madonna took her three Chihuahuas Evita, Rosita, and Chiquita everywhere in the ’90s, but after a while, the Material Girl got rid of the doggies, which later ended up in bad shape at a Chihuahua Rescue in Burbank, California. “Rosita’s face had been beaten in and unfortunately she died,” a volunteer at the shelter revealed to In Touch magazine. “I’m sure Madonnathought they would be fine, but it wasn’t so.” Fortunately, Evita and Chiquita are still doing fine after being placed in a loving foster home.

http://popdirt.com/madonnas-dumped-chihuahuas-suffer-abuse/36047/

http://www.paghat.com/empireofthechihuahua/celeb-madonna.html

Madonna

Madonna's three chihuahuas were Chiquita, Rosita, and Evita. Chiquita had a collar from Tiffany's that cost thousands of dollars. She was well ahead of Paris Hilton is using chihuahuas as fashion statements. They were obtained for Madonna by her close associate and Miami nightclub queen Ingrid Casares, herself an heiress and socialite and widely believed to have been Madonna's lover. Whereas Paris Hilton is a genuine animal lover, Madonna could not care any less about dogs or cats or pets of any kind.

She carried the dogs into public displays for attention but she was never the one who fed them, never walked them, did not play with them when not on camera.

That was one of the gazillion things her sister trashed her for in her bitter biography Life with My Sister Madonna (2008).

Alas, when Madonna was tired of her chihuahuas they ended up in a notorious and illegal "rescue" shelter with a chihuahua hoarder in Burbank. Chiquita and Evita eventually found a good home with Patricia Wrightfield. The photo bottom right shows them with Wrightfield who managed to get them away from the Burbank Hoarder in 2005.

But hoarder Kimi Peck would not part with Rosita, who was kept in a cage by a drafty door where she lost all her teeth, caught pneumonia while in a state of extreme malnutrition, and died in woeful misery.

When all three cast-offs were most in need, someone who had seen their condition in the so-called shelter contacted Madonna's business offices, thinking she might like to intervene. The caller was told, "It is no longer Madonna's responsibility, good-bye." So I no longer make excuses for Madonna.

Madonna

I know way too many people who got dogs then sent them to live with their parents when they got a baby 1 or 2 years later. It is cruel to the dog? I think so. Is it worth the trade off if they went from apartments to houses with yards? Maybe? Only the dogs can say.

Anyway, that poor snake. Again, only the snakes can say if the regular meals they get are worth not living their life in their natural habitat without humans grabbing at them and expecting them to do tricks.

I found this note on the great article Madonna wrote in 2014 about the lat David Collins...

Full article here: https://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue167/7#1

He knew how much I missed my dogs in America, and one day a small Chihuahua showed up at my hotel with the name Evita engraved on her diamanté dog collar. I'm not sure how pleased the hotel was, but I fell in love and she turned out to be the most intelligent and well behaved of all my dogs.

Of course she is referring to ca 1996...