Madonna to present Video of the Year at the VMAs TONIGHT!

Lum

Recap:

1 As many others, I love the look! Original, daring

1b The grillz have to go

2 I think she has always been good with eulogies - she really knows how to write a speech - but not this time. Weak connection with Aretha, maybe she should have talked about Detroit? Honestly, Aretha deserved something better. It is also true that it wasn't supposed to be an official eulogy.

2b Still, I love the new details about Patrick Hernandez.. I really wonder if she sang Natural woman. We know it was not her first attempt to sing. She had already sung in musical theatre productions at school, like The wizard of Oz.

3 So good she is back where she belongs, at the Vmas, although they are not relevant anymore, and met Lenny and made many people happy...

3b ...But now it's time to reveal the single and the album release date!

While theAretha Franklin "tribute" was on par with a someone's brand new best friend from the office making the retirement speech for her new best friend, i didnt find it offensive, but it did remind me of all the things people say about Madonna's old 80's heyday as being 'her at her best". 

Aretha Franklin was not an MTV artist like Tina Turner or Cher were. Same age group, sorry if that comes off as ageist, but Aretha had 3 videos i can remember. Pink Cadillac, I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) w/ George Michael, and a truly ridiculous cover of Jumpin' Jack Flash for that film's soundtrack. I always got the sense she was probably forced by the record company to make those, so she wasnt some early video pioneer, she just happened to make a couple of pop singles that needed a video treatment.   

anyway....

Her costume was extra. I didnt like it, but it didnt bother me either. Somehow it worked by the time she was done with her speech. I dont know how she does it.