Madonna to present Video of the Year at the VMAs TONIGHT!

Lum

On 8/22/2018 at 5:30 PM, Frank said:

I was trying to not say a thing, but seriously: some people in here are so fucking full of shit. That's what i feel lately. More and more naysayers and negative people and this will be an unbearable forum to read. Sorry but that's how i feel. Really sad.

But what saddens me the most is that everything is going fine, everything is politely said and with respect, until the same people pop up to make all the mood explode. Just because they don't agree with this or that person said, even if it's just an opinion and all said with due respect.

Really sad. Ahem. ??

2 hours ago, Dita's Garden said:

But that's not how Madonna has ever done things. Everyone wears glamorous gowns with glamorous hair. Boring. 

Well, I don't think glamour is boring. Madonna is remarkably beautiful when she glams it up. Of course I don't expect Madonna to conform or be boring, of course not. I just think, and this is only my opinion, that had she gone a more traditional route she would be getting good headlines instead of being the joke of the day on headlines and social media. I don't know of many people that thought her look was anything but a mess. Frankly, I've never seen Madonna dressed so poorly.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, it's over, her album will still sell, no one died over it... it's just disappointing.

Madonna world has never been so alive ! On any forums, social medias it's debates, arguments, it's fire ! "I hated her outfit", "wow i love what she wore, nobody dressed like that before", "her speech is a shame it was me, myself and i, disgusting", "she wasn't supposed to do a tribute, she nailed it",... feels like the good old days ! Say what you want but it's everything but boring, it's fucking alive !

29 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Madonna world has never been so alive ! On any forums, social medias it's debates, arguments, it's fire ! "I hated her outfit", "wow i love what she wore, nobody dressed like that before", "her speech is a shame it was me, myself and i, disgusting", "she wasn't supposed to do a tribute, she nailed it",... feels like the good old days ! Say what you want but it's everything but boring, it's fucking alive !

So true. This is Madonna have been known. So Do not ever try to shut the other people mouth  just because they have different opinion with yours. It's really disturbing we have to keep watching these kind of people which just exploded in the middle of conversation and get mad and acting like psycho and trying to shut the other people's mouth. And the most disturbing thing is they are keep acting like they are the only one tell the truth and they are justice.

26 minutes ago, rebelheart29 said:

I'm all fine for people having different opinions. It's when people start attacking her IMO that's just not right. I have seen so much hate toward her by her own fans and that's just not cool! My Opinion of course.

Madonna can't go around living in a bubble. When you're a public figure you put yourself out there and have to expect to receive feedback, be it negative or positive. It's the way it works. I'm sorry, but the entire thing was sloppy and the response was going to be returned in kind. She can consider it a wake up call. Think long and hard before giving speeches at the last minute. It's not like she's going to be arrested or anything. lol She just did something that backfired.  I'm sure she'll survive. I do hope she's a bit more cautious and focused when it comes to doing live events in the future though. :Madonna036:

38 minutes ago, rebelheart29 said:

I'm all fine for people having different opinions. It's when people start attacking her IMO that's just not right. I have seen so much hate toward her by her own fans and that's just not cool! My Opinion of course.

I don’t see criticism as hatred. The fans are concerned for her and therefore things like this get the fanbase worked up. We can't call M to discuss it, so it comes out in the forums.

For me, I knew as soon as I saw that first insta post with her face and all of the garb I was worried. When she came out and the entire ensemble was visible I sorta started sweating. When she started talking and I noticed the grillz I just said, “why?” When the speech was over I was sick.

30 seconds after her speech I started receiving texts and calls from my friends who aren't super fans bashing her, BADLY.

I don't want Madonna’s antics to destroy the success of her new album, she doesn't deserve that. THAT is my main concern. A few days ago she was getting nothing but praise from the press, etc. and it’s like she threw that away on purpose.

12 hours ago, Fighter said:

Isn't Madonna's mission to make the world a better place? Wouldn't you like younger people to have some equal opportunities? would you say the same about homophobia, sexism, ageism, whatever? I used to have a similar reaction like yours, it was better to just push it away and not think about it, than feel like I was victimizing myself, which is what people try to paint you as (they do it to Madonna too when she speaks up about sexism and ageism), but you're not victimizing yourself, you're speaking the truth, and hopefully it will change things and hopefully other people will have it better than you did eventually. It's a conversation that should be done with respect. You can't speak out about racial issues while being sexist and ageist, and it really causes people to dismiss the conversation (even though they shouldn't). I also think we can't blame one person for all the world's issues, so I wouldn't hate her for making a mistake or doing something misguided. We all do misguided shit in our lives and we all make mistakes but hopefully we're evolving.

(Sorry for @ing you, sis. Love you too)

WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. Yup! :pray:

I have to think about what some people are saying about what she wore. Earlier it was posted from someone on twitter who explained what exactly Madonna was wearing and the meaning seems to be lost in I can't stand what she was wearing. 

Clothes from another culture are beautiful. This arrogant western or even United States idea of what is beautiful is narrow and limited. They or we are the people living in a bubble. Madonna has always been open to all kinds of beauty and different cultures. I believe there was thought put into what she was wearing and that counts for something. 

The VMA's made it out like a tribute when they put a gigantic picture of Aretha behind Madonna. Madonna just told her experience. Madonna mentioned Aretha when she accepted Billboard's Woman of the year a couple of years ago. 

I don't know. One thing I have always believed about Madonna is that she is very good at hitting nerves and if one is outraged over whatever she has said or done it's usually over their own issues. 

Madonna has respect for different cultures. 

Madonna grew up loving music. 

Madonna can respect the work of someone with or without it being reciprocal. 

Those are facts. 

16 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

I don’t see criticism as hatred. The fans are concerned for her and therefore things like this get the fanbase worked up. We can't call M to discuss it, so it comes out in the forums.

For me, I knew as soon as I saw that first insta post with her face and all of the garb I was worried. When she came out and the entire ensemble was visible I sorta started sweating. When she started talking and I noticed the grillz I just said, “why?” When the speech was over I was sick.

30 seconds after her speech I started receiving texts and calls from my friends who aren't super fans bashing her, BADLY.

I don't want Madonna’s antics to destroy the success of her new album, she doesn't deserve that. THAT is my main concern. A few days ago she was getting nothing but praise from the press, etc. and it’s like she threw that away on purpose.

I dont see criticism as hate either. I see it as a form of bitching though. I mean we all do it; the never ending feeling of dissatisfaction that penetrates in us when things are not what we want or we have envisioned. Its like a plague these days.

If its not the grills, its the hair. If its not the hair its the cheeks. If its not the cheeks, its the clothes. If its not the clothes its what she is saying. If its not what she is saying its what she said or done previously. I mean criticism is good when its constructive but when its just another way to give way to negative feelings because we havent realized yet that this is Ms life and career and as much as we can disagree or not like something its down to her choice.  

And yes i think we all get worried when we see so much bad press but after all these years im sure many of us have grown a thick skin like Madonna and we have learned to laugh it all off knowing Madonna will always come out on top. If new album wont be a massive success i doubt it would be down to this VMA appearance. As M said herself peeps have a really short memory span and if albums good there will be no mention of the latest controversy. 

JLo performs extensively  and very well, gets awards but Madonna with a 10 minutes speech steals her thunder; she trends everywhere, she gets most press and of course creates one more controversy. Now thats true star power. 

6 hours ago, drivebitch said:

Madonna can't go around living in a bubble. When you're a public figure you put yourself out there and have to expect to receive feedback, be it negative or positive. It's the way it works. I'm sorry, but the entire thing was sloppy and the response was going to be returned in kind. She can consider it a wake up call. Think long and hard before giving speeches at the last minute. It's not like she's going to be arrested or anything. lol She just did something that backfired.  I'm sure she'll survive. I do hope she's a bit more cautious and focused when it comes to doing live events in the future though. :Madonna036:

Oh. I know! But you have to give her the benefit of the doubt they asked to do this at the last minute so she was probably pressured. and I know i would be to! it's partly MTV's fault I do think in a way she was set up. and it's just not this event I have seen so much hate not just from haters either. But I understand everyone has different opinions and views.

7 hours ago, RayOfLight said:

I dont see criticism as hate either. I see it as a form of bitching though. I mean we all do it; the never ending feeling of dissatisfaction that penetrates in us when things are not what we want or we have envisioned. Its like a plague these days.

If its not the grills, its the hair. If its not the hair its the cheeks. If its not the cheeks, its the clothes. If its not the clothes its what she is saying. If its not what she is saying its what she said or done previously. I mean criticism is good when its constructive but when its just another way to give way to negative feelings because we havent realized yet that this is Ms life and career and as much as we can disagree or not like something its down to her choice.  

And yes i think we all get worried when we see so much bad press but after all these years im sure many of us have grown a thick skin like Madonna and we have learned to laugh it all off knowing Madonna will always come out on top. If new album wont be a massive success i doubt it would be down to this VMA appearance. As M said herself peeps have a really short memory span and if albums good there will be no mention of the latest controversy. 

JLo performs extensively  and very well, gets awards but Madonna with a 10 minutes speech steals the thunder; she trends everywhere, she gets most press and of course creates one more controversy. Now thats true star power. 

I don't know if bitching is in the correct lane, either, at least not to me. To me bitching is not liking a single choice, or complaining that she's making a movie and not doing an album.

I am typically the last person to point out any flaw in Madonna. I personally feel that she's about as perfect as they come because she doesn't give a f*ck, she puts out amazing albums, has a true heart for charity, and so much more. The only way to be constructive in this instance is to say, "girl, don't talk about yourself during a tribute ever again, and I would also tone down the accessorizing (lol)." What she does is definitely her choice, and she's made some questionable choices in her day, but I've never looked at her and thought, "wow, did you get dressed in the dark?" "was nothing learned from your MJ tribute speech?" It's a head scratcher for me.

M has always been the recipient of bad press, she thrives off of it and most of her career has been propelled by it, BUT when M gets it right the praise is overwhelming. I just don't think she can afford to take as many risks as she used to. If she wants to then fine, but if she truly wants to be successful, and we know that she does, I think she needs to be a little more calculating and a little less extra. Sure, M has been called a "has been" and "washed up" for nearly two decades by many haters, but she's reaching a point where all publicity isn't necessarily good publicity. I don't think that this appearance will tank the album, but she threw the brakes on the media love, and that will not help her.

JLo had an amazing performance, and yes, Madonna did steal the show, but for the wrong reasons.

By the way, I loved your well written response to my post. 

3 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

I don't know if bitching is in the correct lane, either, at least not to me. To me bitching is not liking a single choice, or complaining that she's making a movie and not doing an album.

I am typically the last person to point out any flaw in Madonna. I personally feel that she's about as perfect as they come because she doesn't give a f*ck, she puts out amazing albums, has a true heart for charity, and so much more. The only way to be constructive in this instance is to say, "girl, don't talk about yourself during a tribute ever again, and I would also tone down the accessorizing (lol)." What she does is definitely her choice, and she's made some questionable choices in her day, but I've never looked at her and thought, "wow, did you get dressed in the dark?" "was nothing learned from your MJ tribute speech?" It's a head scratcher for me.

M has always been the recipient of bad press, she thrives off of it and most of her career has been propelled by it, BUT when M gets it right the praise is overwhelming. I just don't think she can afford to take as many risks as she used to. If she wants to then fine, but if she truly wants to be successful, and we know that she does, I think she needs to be a little more calculating and a little less extra. Sure, M has been called a "has been" and "washed up" for nearly two decades by many haters, but she's reaching a point where all publicity isn't necessarily good publicity. I don't think that this appearance will tank the album, but she threw the brakes on the media love, and that will not help her.

JLo had an amazing performance, and yes, Madonna did steal the show, but for the wrong reasons.

Thank you ?

Its nice to have conversations without feeling the frustration of not being understood. Im 100% positive that everybody loves M here and having different takes and opinions is only part of keeping this forum going. I dont see any of the Daily Mail kind of comments that unfortunately i have witnessed in other forums so its all groovy lol 

3 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

I disagree. Love M’ s look. Everything about was fab to me. And her talk about Aretha was fine.

i disagree on J- lo. Awful. Calculated and boring

46 minutes ago, xavier said:

I disagree. Love M’ s look. Everything about was fab to me. And her talk about Aretha was fine.

Well, your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. I personally hated the look because it just took away from her face, which was flawless. As for the "Natural Woman" reference, haven't we heard that story before and wasn't it a totally different song? Perhaps my mind is making things up, but that keeps gnawing at me.

As for Jennifer Lopez, I'm not a huge fan, but I think she rocked out for 49. She did start to mime about halfway into the performance, if I remember correctly, but when all of that dancing that is totally forgivable.

33 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Well, your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. I personally hated the look because it just took away from her face, which was flawless. As for the "Natural Woman" reference, haven't we heard that story before and wasn't it a totally different song? Perhaps my mind is making things up, but that keeps gnawing at me.

As for Jennifer Lopez, I'm not a huge fan, but I think she rocked out for 49. She did start to mime about halfway into the performance, if I remember correctly, but when all of that dancing that is totally forgivable.

Disagree. Jennifer was awful. And Madonna’s look was epic. Beautiful.

17 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

100% what I thought at first glance! Thank you. :)

Well... yep! I'm not crazy for Jennifer Lopez and never been a fan, but I liked this.

By the way:

Im 100% positive that everybody loves M here and having different takes and opinions is only part of keeping this forum going. I dont see any of the Daily Mail kind of comments that unfortunately i have witnessed in other forums

That's the point. 

Anyway, it's pretty clear there are certain topics which are becoming "untouchable" (to certain members) or taboo in this forum without driving the conversation crazy or out of proportion. Really sad. Complaining is a part of giving an opinion! So:

If you have nothing nice to say then KEEP IT SHUT. Just why are there always people causing drama JUST because they disagree??

Excuse me, but no.

Ermmm... So critics will only be posted here, and "positive/nice" comments only in the happyland thread :laughing:

It's not any "drama" to my eyes, we're just sharing our opinions and each one has their view. 

So if someone likes the condition of her voice for example (MET Gala), which is good shape, say it. If you like the outfit & image, share it. And if someone is disappointed because she prefers to present awards for others instead of performing the first single of her album (I'm sure it's ready), instead of being an active part of the show and singing her own songs, say it too. What's the problem? 

Aaaand I wholeheartedly dislike those grills & hair, with every inch of my skin, yep! That’s what’s good about sharing opinions.

10 hours ago, xavier said:

I think what I noticed from Jennifer Lopez' performance was that her "hits" weren't very timeless. Jenny on the Block, My Love Don't Cost a Thing, and On The Floor were the only real bops. And Dinero capping off was great, since it's the most recent and semi-succesful single shes had since... Booty? Everything inbetween those songs lost me or were unmemorable. M could throw Holy Water and Candy Shop in a performance like that and I'm sure the news would be raving about some ageist crap... but they'd be memorable ;)