Madonna to present Video of the Year at the VMAs TONIGHT!

Lum

On 8/23/2018 at 9:08 AM, RayOfLight said:

I dont see criticism as hate either. I see it as a form of bitching though. I mean we all do it; the never ending feeling of dissatisfaction that penetrates in us when things are not what we want or we have envisioned. Its like a plague these days.

If its not the grills, its the hair. If its not the hair its the cheeks. If its not the cheeks, its the clothes. If its not the clothes its what she is saying. If its not what she is saying its what she said or done previously. I mean criticism is good when its constructive but when its just another way to give way to negative feelings because we havent realized yet that this is Ms life and career and as much as we can disagree or not like something its down to her choice.  

And yes i think we all get worried when we see so much bad press but after all these years im sure many of us have grown a thick skin like Madonna and we have learned to laugh it all off knowing Madonna will always come out on top. If new album wont be a massive success i doubt it would be down to this VMA appearance. As M said herself peeps have a really short memory span and if albums good there will be no mention of the latest controversy. 

JLo performs extensively  and very well, gets awards but Madonna with a 10 minutes speech steals her thunder; she trends everywhere, she gets most press and of course creates one more controversy. Now thats true star power. 

'...Madonna with a 10 minutes speech steals her thunder..' indeed, but with not a good reason...

8 hours ago, gafuller said:

I think what I noticed from Jennifer Lopez' performance was that her "hits" weren't very timeless. Jenny on the Block, My Love Don't Cost a Thing, and On The Floor were the only real bops. And Dinero capping off was great, since it's the most recent and semi-succesful single shes had since... Booty? Everything inbetween those songs lost me or were unmemorable. M could throw Holy Water and Candy Shop in a performance like that and I'm sure the news would be raving about some ageist crap... but they'd be memorable ;)

That Dinero song is crap to me. And yes her “Hits” didt hold up well. All she has to me is she very pretty. Other than that she’s boring.