MDNA Discussion

Ulisaax640

MDNA is a good album with quite a few great songs and yes some fillers too. The real problem is the time when it was released. The album dropped right in the middle of the EDM explosion; Madonna being at the forefront of dance electronica since Ray Of Light was expected to come out with an over the top/experimental sound especially when Orbit was on board as well. Instead we had a safe, sort of middle of the road sound. I personally think MDNA is a very catchy, enjoyable record and apart from a few cuts i find it very accomplished.  

1 hour ago, RayOfLight said:

MDNA is a good album with quite a few great songs and yes some fillers too. The real problem is the time when it was released. The album dropped right in the middle of the EDM explosion; Madonna being at the forefront of dance electronica since Ray Of Light was expected to come out with an over the top/experimental sound especially when Orbit was on board as well. Instead we had a safe, sort of middle of the road sound. I personally think MDNA is a very catchy, enjoyable record and apart from a few cuts i find it very accomplished.  

Thank you!!!

On 8/23/2018 at 2:51 PM, SpencerCSR said:

In terms of singles, 

- Promo/Buzz single: Masterpiece (November 2011, create a bit of hype, promote W.E., capitalize on the Golden Globe win)

-1st single: I'm Addicted (fits with the whole MDNA/drug and electro thing)

-2nd single: Girl Gone Wild

-3rd single: Falling Free 

-4th single: Gang Bang (Radio obviously wouldn't play it, but it could have been a "club only single" with loads of good remixes)

I like it.

• 1 month later...

Everything I would change would be mostly musically or lyrically. As @RayOfLight stated above MDNA wasnt very adventurous and actually sounded quite dull. Especially following Femme Fatale, Body Talk, LOUD, and Born this Way.  

I actually really like Gimme All Ur Luvin'. Those power chords in the chorus are magical. 

• 3 weeks later...