Blond Ambition Tour | Paris

Andymad

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

Every show she has ever done is archived from the cameras that film the show for the screen for the audience to watch. we know this form previous shows that have leaked. It will all be archived at the Sire warner Vaults I expect/

It wasn't a Sire/Warner release. It was done through Miramix films, which was acquired by Disney in 93, and later Filmyard Hosting in 2010, and then another company 2016. So where those film rolls are, could literally be anywhere lol. Madonna did show glimpses of an "archive" on her instagram a few years ago, with a bunch of reels labelled as "TOD." Who knows if that was the extra footage, or just a reel of the actual film. But Alek did say a few years that they could not find the original reels.

9 minutes ago, poserdemadonna said:

Rumours are that Alek never filmed both shows entirely, just the songs he would need for the film. But I don't think he'd go through all the trouble of filming two nights just to have half the show filmed.

They did include LAP and Hanky Panky as extras on the vhs... Also there were rumours of the japan shows being filmed (maybe by david fincher?). this has been discussed to death and its almost an urban legend...

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

It wasn't a Sire/Warner release. It was done through Miramix films, which was acquired by Disney in 93, and later Filmyard Hosting in 2010, and then another company 2016. So where those film rolls are, could literally be anywhere lol. Madonna did show glimpses of an "archive" on her instagram a few years ago, with a bunch of reels labelled as "TOD." Who knows if that was the extra footage, or just a reel of the actual film. But Alek did say a few years that they could not find the original reels.

As specified on IMDB, Pioneer only holds the distribution rights, so it's up to them to decide whether it will be released or not. 

Warner and Sire are considered as producers because they own the rights on M's music recorded at that time.

The video masters are owned by Boy Toy (M's company as for audiovisual copyrights) and Dakota North Entertainment,  a TV and feature film production company.

Then, you have two different things to consider here :

- like any other business entity, production companies shut down or lose their independence when they are bought by bigger corporations.

- like any other business asset, catalogs and archives are sold and bought. It doesn't mean the material keeps moving around : it's complicated, costly and risky for their integrity.

Most of the time, the original sources like video rushes and studio sessions stay where they were stored in the beginning. But companies have gone from hand to hand so many times that probably the actual owner isn't totally sure where the tapes or reels are : registries get lost, everything might not have been properly registered, databases maybe weren't digitized correctly, tracking systems might not be compatible...

So we'll have to wait for an unknown storage facility to be emptied for whatever purpose to find the reels by chance...

45 minutes ago, poserdemadonna said:

Rumours are that Alek never filmed both shows entirely, just the songs he would need for the film. But I don't think he'd go through all the trouble of filming two nights just to have half the show filmed.

People keep repeating this (in relation to Re-Invention Tour as well) but it makes absolutely no sense. Firstly, everyone would be getting paid for their time regardless (might as well shoot everything in that case). Secondly, you don't know exactly what you're going to use while making a movie (documentary especially) - when they were doing the Paris shows there was no way to know what actual footage is going to fit into the final movie and what performances would suit the story arch.

33 minutes ago, kesiak said:

People keep repeating this (in relation to Re-Invention Tour as well) but it makes absolutely no sense. Firstly, everyone would be getting paid for their time regardless (might as well shoot everything in that case). Secondly, you don't know exactly what you're going to use while making a movie (documentary especially) - when they were doing the Paris shows there was no way to know what actual footage is going to fit into the final movie and what performances would suit the story arch.

Exactly. I strongly believe Alek filmed both nights in full.

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

They did include LAP and Hanky Panky as extras on the vhs... Also there were rumours of the japan shows being filmed (maybe by david fincher?). this has been discussed to death and its almost an urban legend...

Oh, I usually divert from those topics as you know, sometimes things get outta hand lol

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

I know but even if it wasnt the miramax footage they still have the screen cameras for the audience there and they will have recorded the whole show, so what I am saying is the show will exist ...

2 hours ago, discohub said:

As specified on IMDB, Pioneer only holds the distribution rights, so it's up to them to decide whether it will be released or not. 

Warner and Sire are considered as producers because they own the rights on M's music recorded at that time.

The video masters are owned by Boy Toy (M's company as for audiovisual copyrights) and Dakota North Entertainment,  a TV and feature film production company.

Then, you have two different things to consider here :

- like any other business entity, production companies shut down or lose their independence when they are bought by bigger corporations.

- like any other business asset, catalogs and archives are sold and bought. It doesn't mean the material keeps moving around : it's complicated, costly and risky for their integrity.

Most of the time, the original sources like video rushes and studio sessions stay where they were stored in the beginning. But companies have gone from hand to hand so many times that probably the actual owner isn't totally sure where the tapes or reels are : registries get lost, everything might not have been properly registered, databases maybe weren't digitized correctly, tracking systems might not be compatible...

So we'll have to wait for an unknown storage facility to be emptied for whatever purpose to find the reels by chance...

Pioneer no longer holds the rights to that release, they haven't in a long time. Mind you, THAT was for the Nice recording, NOT the Paris recording which is what this thread is about. And Pioneer had the rights to the laserdisc master, not the raw footage.

Also, IMDB is no different than wikipedia.

58 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

I know but even if it wasnt the miramax footage they still have the screen cameras for the audience there and they will have recorded the whole show, so what I am saying is the show will exist ...

Yeah but thats a taping not film so it doesnt compare at all

im glad we have no release instead of a bad one

I loathed the Rebel Heart dvd. I found the actual live show so wonderfully human and accessible - but the over-processed DVD edition felt really cold. I've been looking for a decent bootleg so I don't have to suffer the overdubs and relentless camera angle cuts!

But yes - a newly edited edition would be very exciting nonetheless. :)

4 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Imagine BAT getting the MDNA/RHT treatment.... now THAT is a project I would pay money for.

Not if Danny Tull edits the shit out of it like he normally does - i could do a better job than him - i think at this point we will never see the full Paris BA show as much as i want it as much as i want the CT on blu-ray in full :(((

2 hours ago, Fighter said:

what 

Bahaha RIGHT? Like just imagine, it’s released and INSANELY edited... what would we do lol. I’m sorry, I’ve had a few wines. But I’ve thought of it often. If it was ever released in all its glory, would she go the heavily edited route? Or maybe even dub the audio with the studio vocals? I mean it’s crossed my mind. I always thought she never released it because of the vocal issues she had during the tour. However in the beginning of the tour, her voice was fresh and powerful. I always had visions of her dubbing the gorgeous Paris video with her vocals earlier in the tour. Lord I’m getting technical...

• madgefan changed the title to Blond Ambition Tour | Paris
  • madgefan pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan unpinned this topic