Madonna's body @ 60yo

Luiz Ribeiro

1 hour ago, Suzy Q. said:

I think some people here should have several seats.

I don't think it's very dignified to discuss someone's physical appearance, let alone in a special topic. It has no value, nor is it informative.

But Madonna's selfies do show that a lot of people could use some introspection considering all the hate and selective indignation being thrown around here. Creating a topic like this is nothing but creating a pandemonium where shit goes down. And I do believe we, as Madonna fans, can do much better than that.

13 hours ago, jtrover said:

Having a thread in a forum about somebody's body (to me) is just not a good idea. I'm sure no negative intentions were intended by the OP however.

A thread like this is just asking for people to get upset, annoyed or up in arms.  

A thread like this is not ideal, but I think she posted the photo for a reason. Madonna lighting a fire to expose what people really think is what she does. Even though some fans want to take her phone away I think she knows what she's doing by now. So if we have to have a talk about respect, etc, come from it, then maybe it's not so bad to have the thread and expose things to the surface. We don't need to have a flamewar and honestly I think people have contained themselves pretty well. I know some comments are bothersome to read, but we don't have to stoop low in return. 

I mean this really shows how many ZERO fucks she gives. She’s not ashamed, she’s not concerned, she’s proud. Whatever imperfections she might assume people see, is nothing to her. Because we ALL know, she’s laughing. this is Madonna at her finest, NOT.GIVING.ANY.EFFS lol. Proud of her.

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

A thread like this is not ideal, but I think she posted the photo for a reason. Madonna lighting a fire to expose what people really think is what she does. Even though some fans want to take her phone away I think she knows what she's doing by now. So if we have to have a talk about respect, etc, come from it, then maybe it's not so bad to have the thread and expose things to the surface. We don't need to have a flamewar and honestly I think people have contained themselves pretty well. I know some comments are bothersome to read, but we don't have to stoop low in return. 

I don't doubt for a moment that Madonna knows what she is doing. If she posted the photo as a means to expose people's thoughts, than that is fine with me. It is not the photo that is bothering me, it are the suggestive remarks regarding ageism and misogyny. I know perfectly well Madonna herself chose to share this photo with us, knowing it would cause a commotion cause controversy. But sometimes I don't like our tendency to put Madonna and others under a microscope to analyze their anatomy. I understand it's human nature, it's just not to my personal taste. I find it horrifying that in this day and age we, as human beings, still have to meet certain standards in order to 'fit in'. I admire Madonna for trying to break with these standards, but she must realise it comes with a price: being ridiculed and body shamed. And I'm sure there are members here who must have experienced the same, who read the comments in this thread and maybe feel as if they are not good enough to meet the standards imposed by today's society. I'm a warrior for inclusion, that is what lights my fire. And that is what made me say that some people should have several seats. If that made me stoop low then I apologize.

2 hours ago, Suzy Q. said:

I don't doubt for a moment that Madonna knows what she is doing. If she posted the photo as a means to expose people's thoughts, than that is fine with me. It is not the photo that is bothering me, it are the suggestive remarks regarding ageism and misogyny. I know perfectly well Madonna herself chose to share this photo with us, knowing it would cause a commotion cause controversy. But sometimes I don't like our tendency to put Madonna and others under a microscope to analyze their anatomy. I understand it's human nature, it's just not to my personal taste. I find it horrifying that in this day and age we, as human beings, still have to meet certain standards in order to 'fit in'. I admire Madonna for trying to break with these standards, but she must realise it comes with a price: being ridiculed and body shamed. And I'm sure there are members here who must have experienced the same, who read the comments in this thread and maybe feel as if they are not good enough to meet the standards imposed by today's society. I'm a warrior for inclusion, that is what lights my fire. And that is what made me say that some people should have several seats. If that made me stoop low then I apologize.

No, you're right, but if it's not talked about nothing will change. I'm just explaining why the thread is not necessarily a bad thing. 

She posted a pic of herself in underwear for Pete's sake with pubes showing lol ppl are gonna talk about it, esp haters, and she damn well knows it. In fact, blowback seems to be the only point of the post. She didn't even go out of her way to make the pic flattering.

Where's my new album?

Nice recap of Madonna's selfies:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7144563/madonna-selfie-queen-60-shocking-outrageous/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

STRIKE A POSE 

Madonna is a selfie queen at 60 – and here are some of her most sexy, shocking and outrageous snaps

She's proud of the fact she's growing old disgracefully - and here are the pictures to prove it

By Hayley Coyle
31st August 2018, 5:46 pm

THE MOST 60-year-old mums don’t even knowing how to take a selfie, let alone nail them.

But most 60-year-old mums aren’t Madonna.

Madonna is the Queen of the Selfies

INSTAGRAM

The Queen of Pop and ultimate style chameleon hit her sixth decade running last week with no sign of stopping.

To celebrate her milestone birthday we’ve collated some of her best selfies over the past few years – strike a pose, there’s nothing to it!

She’s a fan of big, brazen jewelry and doing her hair in unusual ways so this particular selfie in a hot pink top is on point.

Madonna captioned it simply: “Not your b****”.

Madonna rocked a Vans cap and a lot of bling in this one

INSTAGRAM

Madge is also a fan of a fun filter

INSTAGRAM

Madge seems to love fun filters too so often posts images of her as a cat or other animals.

The filters make your eyes enormous and and make your face all soft focus.

We count down Madonna’s best selling hits in celebration of her birthday

This one harks back to her Like A Prayer era

INSTAGRAM

Religious iconography has always been a theme with Madonna so a selfie with a crucifix crown isn’t too surprising.

In the music video for Like A Prayer she sashays round a church and even kisses a Jesus statue (that comes to life) – so the  is nothing new.

In another, she’s seen wearing a trilby and a leather harness and the mum-of-six looks far younger than her 60 years.

NINTCHDBPICT000430080088.jpg?strip=all&w

INSTAGRAM

In this one Madonna seems to be in some sort of harness

Here she’s going for a more intellectual vibe

INSTAGRAM

Sat in her kitchen here, Madonna has gone for a more intellectual look and actually looks pretty grumpy in another shot.

She’s also rocking some serious roots.

Another picture shows the singer looking almost ageless wearing a headscarf that is almost Queen-like.

Madonna has been in the spotlight since the 80s so know how to work a camera

INSTAGRAM

She has censored her nipples in this saucy selfie

INSTAGRAM

Always happy to shock, Madonna a particularly saucy selfie recently – showing her nipples and posing behind a handbag.

She did spare her blushes by drawing on a black scribble to preserve her modesty.

Madonna rants during bizarre speech at 2018 MTV VMAs

Madonna seems particularly fond of giving herself animal ears

INSTAGRAM

This is her most recent one and shows off her amazing figure

SNAPCHAT / MADONNA

A smoked glass picture shows off the fitness fanatic’s great body to perfection.

Madonna works out religiously to maintain her fit and strong dancer’s physique.

In another shot, Madonna looks beautiful and natural – no filter and no make-up.

It appears she is in her bathroom and she has pictures of herself on the wall behind, in typical Madonna fashion.

Madonna looking a bit more au naturel

INSTAGRAM

Madonna has always been very fashion forward

INSTAGRAM

Sporting a Louis Vuitton hoodie, Madge looks quite stern and captioned another selfie: “Supreme”.

She has fronted campaigns for the luxe fashion brand in the past.

NINTCHDBPICT000430080411.jpg?strip=all&w

INSTAGRAM

This shot is creepily close up but luckily Madonna still looks good.

Madge with some old school hair waves

INSTAGRAM

In the Eighties, she was fond of old school Marcel waves and platinum blonde hair.

In one very glam selfie, she’s revisiting the look but with her locks a more natural colour.

Madonna gifts her fans footage of her Met Gala 2018 performance in celebration of her 60th birthday

Madonna getting on some bridal vibes

INSTAGRAM

She famously wore a wedding dress for Like A Virgin with wild 80s hair and lot of eye make-up.

Now more than 30 years later she posted an interesting take on her 1984 hit.

Madonna posted this image in 2016 after “women hating bigots” told her to act her age.

Giving it some top hat action

INSTAGRAM

Another spooky filter that makes her look ageless

INSTAGRAM
Madonna hasn’t toned down her look or image even though she’s 60.

In fact she has upped the shock factor.

Over the years Madonna has transformed herself time and time again.

She loves flamboyant clothes and accessories and her picture show that.

Madonna opens up on the pain of losing her mother

Madonna hasn’t toned down her image just because she’s 60

INSTAGRAM

On 9/1/2018 at 1:52 AM, Enrico said:

Nice recap of Madonna's selfies:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7144563/madonna-selfie-queen-60-shocking-outrageous/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

STRIKE A POSE 

Madonna is a selfie queen at 60 – and here are some of her most sexy, shocking and outrageous snaps

She's proud of the fact she's growing old disgracefully - and here are the pictures to prove it

By Hayley Coyle
31st August 2018, 5:46 pm

THE MOST 60-year-old mums don’t even knowing how to take a selfie, let alone nail them.

But most 60-year-old mums aren’t Madonna.

INSTAGRAM

The Queen of Pop and ultimate style chameleon hit her sixth decade running last week with no sign of stopping.

To celebrate her milestone birthday we’ve collated some of her best selfies over the past few years – strike a pose, there’s nothing to it!

She’s a fan of big, brazen jewelry and doing her hair in unusual ways so this particular selfie in a hot pink top is on point.

Madonna captioned it simply: “Not your b****”.

INSTAGRAM

INSTAGRAM

Madge seems to love fun filters too so often posts images of her as a cat or other animals.

The filters make your eyes enormous and and make your face all soft focus.

We count down Madonna’s best selling hits in celebration of her birthday

INSTAGRAM

Religious iconography has always been a theme with Madonna so a selfie with a crucifix crown isn’t too surprising.

In the music video for Like A Prayer she sashays round a church and even kisses a Jesus statue (that comes to life) – so the  is nothing new.

In another, she’s seen wearing a trilby and a leather harness and the mum-of-six looks far younger than her 60 years.

NINTCHDBPICT000430080088.jpg?strip=all&w

INSTAGRAM

In this one Madonna seems to be in some sort of harness

INSTAGRAM

Sat in her kitchen here, Madonna has gone for a more intellectual look and actually looks pretty grumpy in another shot.

She’s also rocking some serious roots.

Another picture shows the singer looking almost ageless wearing a headscarf that is almost Queen-like.

INSTAGRAM

INSTAGRAM

Always happy to shock, Madonna a particularly saucy selfie recently – showing her nipples and posing behind a handbag.

She did spare her blushes by drawing on a black scribble to preserve her modesty.

Madonna rants during bizarre speech at 2018 MTV VMAs

INSTAGRAM

SNAPCHAT / MADONNA

A smoked glass picture shows off the fitness fanatic’s great body to perfection.

Madonna works out religiously to maintain her fit and strong dancer’s physique.

In another shot, Madonna looks beautiful and natural – no filter and no make-up.

It appears she is in her bathroom and she has pictures of herself on the wall behind, in typical Madonna fashion.

INSTAGRAM

INSTAGRAM

Sporting a Louis Vuitton hoodie, Madge looks quite stern and captioned another selfie: “Supreme”.

She has fronted campaigns for the luxe fashion brand in the past.

NINTCHDBPICT000430080411.jpg?strip=all&w

INSTAGRAM

This shot is creepily close up but luckily Madonna still looks good.

INSTAGRAM

In the Eighties, she was fond of old school Marcel waves and platinum blonde hair.

In one very glam selfie, she’s revisiting the look but with her locks a more natural colour.

Madonna gifts her fans footage of her Met Gala 2018 performance in celebration of her 60th birthday

INSTAGRAM

She famously wore a wedding dress for Like A Virgin with wild 80s hair and lot of eye make-up.

Now more than 30 years later she posted an interesting take on her 1984 hit.

Madonna posted this image in 2016 after “women hating bigots” told her to act her age.

INSTAGRAM

INSTAGRAM
Madonna hasn’t toned down her look or image even though she’s 60.

In fact she has upped the shock factor.

Over the years Madonna has transformed herself time and time again.

She loves flamboyant clothes and accessories and her picture show that.

Madonna opens up on the pain of losing her mother

INSTAGRAM

And the award for worst collection of selfies goes to...

Honestly, THIS is what they chose???! Are they trolling?? I honestly think they just chose a few photos at random and shat out an article. lol The Brits always sounds passive aggressive when they write articles about celebrities who are looking their worst at the moment. The person could be barfing and the title will say something like, "Glamorous so-and-so Still Looks Hot at 70!" It's always Murdoch's tabrags doing it, too: The Daily Mail and The Sun.

I already posted this on another thread, but I should have put it here first :

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/sep/04/they-just-wanted-to-silence-her-the-dark-side-of-gay-stan-culture

'They just wanted to silence her': the dark side of gay stan culture

For gay men, ‘stanning’ – being a super fan of – female pop stars can be a valuable part of your identity. But too often this fandom lapses into misogyny and body shaming

51 minutes ago, discohub said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/sep/04/they-just-wanted-to-silence-her-the-dark-side-of-gay-stan-culture

For gay men, ‘stanning’ – being a super fan of – female pop stars can be a valuable part of your identity. But too often this fandom lapses into misogyny and body shaming

What this article says rings very, very true.

On 9/6/2018 at 1:56 AM, discohub said:

Pig Morgan is gay? Camille Paglia is a man? What homophobic garbage. Enough blaming gay men for everything. Next it'll be gay WHITE cis men. Gays are an easy scapegoat for people. We live in a shallow society, period. 

10 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Pig Morgan is gay? Camille Paglia is a man? What homophobic garbage. Enough blaming gay men for everything. Next it'll be gay WHITE cis men. Gays are an easy scapegoat for people. We live in a shallow society, period. 

What are you talking about? There's no mention of Morgan or Paglia in that article?

56 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

You should have checked the writer's profile before you commented his article https://twitter.com/brianoflynn_

On 9/8/2018 at 8:27 AM, discohub said:

You should have checked the writer's profile before you commented his article https://twitter.com/brianoflynn_

Why? I already knew he was gay. And? The critique still stands. We're not Madonna's worst enemy or the boogie man. Madonna's worst critics aren't gay men. The majority of the Daily Mail writers trashing her are angry, bitter straight men and women who haven't been laid in years.