Madonna: Why does she hate Boy George so much ...

Luiz Ribeiro

These two stars of the 1980s were visionaries. Fate has never yet united. In addition, Boy George, flamboyant leader of Culture Club, has never been tender with the powerful Madonna ... He returns in a radio interview on their long trouble.

The rivalry between Madonna and Elton John is well known. That of the star with Boy George is not new either. Invited in a radio program, the leader of Culture Club returns on this enmity of more than thirty years.

Boy George, 57, remembers having met Madonna only " twice maybe " during her career. When a radio host asks her how it went, the answer is straightforward: " Oh, she hates me ," Karma Chameleon's interpreter laughs.He should not know too much if it's still the case but admit it's deserved: " There are so many reasons for it. " And to recognize: " I've always been secretly a fan of Madonna I really have some of his records, but we've never had a chance to really get to know each other, it's very strange. "

Boy George and Madonna both marked the 1980s with their music, their freedom and their look. In the press, the British singer has never spared his colleague, playing very much on the assumptions that can be had on a woman as independent as the American. The Daily Mail remembers, for example, a rather severe tackle by Boy George in a 2006 documentary: " I just think it's an execrable, horrible and horrible human being with no quality to catch up with. nothing nice about her, I've never heard anyone say anything nice about her. "

In 1986, he was already criticizing the fact that she plays on her likeness to her idol: " Comparing Madonna to Marilyn Monroe is like comparing Raquel Welch to the back of a bus. " The sentence remained but she it is no less unfair. As the New York Times recently wrote on the occasion of Madonna's 60th birthday , she is responsible for Marilyn Monroe's reinstatement in pop culture: after the Material Girl clip (in 1984), Monroe no longer conveys this image victim victim rinsed by the Hollywood system but becomes the embodiment of desire: his and of course the one it arouses.

In recent weeks, Madonna's Moroccan look at the MTV Video Music Awards , which includes beautiful Amazigh (Berber) jewels, has been pretty much compared to Boy George's in the 1980s. Some netizens have fun posting photos of both. stars regretting, in legend, not to have been warned that the singer had done a garage sale.

1 hour ago, LikeAMelody said:

I don't dislike Boy George but I find it fascinating that Madonna is somehow brought into a "feud" with people who make comments about her. 

I know right?

I mean "feud" and "why Madonna hate Boy G so much" is feeling very reductive.

I mean even Boy G admit himself that He meet the one and only Queen of pop Madonna only just twice in his whole career.

So actually there's no feud and hating. except in Boy G's head and his fans heads.

I mean seriously. Madonna's career is almost 4 decades and she just passing him just "twice" in her 60 year old life and it is very surprising that there's actually people which think and believe that there's feud and hating between them exist in this world.

seriously.

I mean I get that he need attention but beside that.. seriously. LMAO.

No she does not.

She cited his work as inspiration many times and an example among many from Q magazine in 1991

Have you bought anything contemporary recently?

“Oh. Let me think. I just bought that Enigma record which I love. And, hang on, what else did I get? Oh yeah, I bought Boy George, his new album, which I like."

'First in NYC in a club Madonna (apparently) said to Marylin "Do you know how good is for you to be seen dancing next to me?" ....Comparing Madonna with Marilyn Monroe is like comparing Raquel Welch with the back of a bus,' George famously said in 1986...the following year he was pissed off he was not invited at her birthday party during her WTG Tour in London. When he saw her new video in 1992 he just went "This Used To Be My Video..."

I think it's bitch n moan for Boy George and thats the way he is. I loved him since the beginning, his voice is amazing though you guys heard his mix of Bad Girl? My ears were bleeding : atrocious! I admire him from being through hell and back and still standing and despite this, he was pretty much friendly and adorable when met him.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, blondebombshell said:

I'm sure i posted this before. But the only 2 people i saw in concert is Tina Turner( probably my favorite out of the 2 she had so much energy) & Culture Club. During the war song. I had no idea they didn't like each other. Still my dream is so see madonna in concert. 

Girl we need to take u out!!

Ive seen Tina like 3 or 4 times. She really gives it all. 

On 8/31/2018 at 5:57 PM, Ryder said:

'First in NYC in a club Madonna (apparently) said to Marylin "Do you know how good is for you to be seen dancing next to me?" ....Comparing Madonna with Marilyn Monroe is like comparing Raquel Welch with the back of a bus,' George famously said in 1986...the following year he was pissed off he was not invited at her birthday party during her WTG Tour in London. When he saw her new video in 1992 he just went "This Used To Be My Video..."

I think it's bitch n moan for Boy George and thats the way he is. I loved him since the beginning, his voice is amazing though you guys heard his mix of Bad Girl? My ears were bleeding : atrocious! I admire him from being through hell and back and still standing and despite this, he was pretty much friendly and adorable when met him.

Debi Mazar posted this shot of herself with Boy George at said party maybe a year or so ago.

image.png

This is what I heard ( I copied it from another site, but I remember I heard this too): 

In 1983 – Boy George was at the height of his short-lived fame and Madonna was at the very early stages of her fame (“Lucky Star” was released). 

They were both at a party and Madonna, liking George’s music and his sheer guts, asked to be introduced by a mutual friend. 

They were and when Madonna extended a hand George looked at her like she was pond scum and turned his back to her. 

Madonna’s friend was stunned and kept apologizing. 

Madonna being Madonna, said, “Wait till 2 years from now – then we’ll see”. 

Cut to the ‘Who’s that Girl Tour” - a HUGE success – Madonna is the official queen of pop music and the second most famous woman in the world (Princess Diana being Number One). 

Boy George on the other hand has seen less than glamorous times, making a spectacle of himself on TV, being arrested on numerous drug charges and being in and out of rehab.. 

He out of the blue gets an invite and tickets to the hottest concert in London (“Who’s that Girl”) - backstage passes – everything - This is a boon to him because the press and record company had been merciless and cruel to him and having been impossible to deal with on the way up – he was treated like dung on the swift way down… 

He goes to the concert. He goes backstage and is introduced to her. He goes on for a bit about her kindness and how wonderful she was. 

Madonna stares at him. She says nothing. 

She turns on her heel and walks away with a grin on her face.