Sign in to follow this  
scottyj

Question: Borderline German CD Single Reissue

And what about the awful sound!! Only buy them for the great pic sleeves! Apart from a very few exceptions, the sound was appalling!! The digital transfer of the Dub version is on the 2004 WB Instrumental-TV Versions US WBR Promo CDR that was available in wav here!! It's titled TV version but is actually the dub remix (on europe june pressings) /instrumental (on US pressings)

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Stick with the japan cds if you want superior sound :)) the covers on the german cds were good though - i love the look of love sleeve for some reason :)

The rest of the german cds are good. They only need a good equalization (and you can do that with any software).

Papa Don't Preach is my favourite of those reissues - 'Ain't No Big Deal' sounds really good, as does the Extended version of 'Papa Don't Preach'. Nice to have them in CD format - and the cover art is great.

All of those reissue singles are nice (apart from 'Who's That Girl' - which sounds as if it was transferred from an old cassette recording!).

The collection would have been perfect if the 7" single edits / mixes were all included.  Shame they weren't.

2 hours ago, LX54 said:

And what about the awful sound!! Only buy them for the great pic sleeves! Apart from a very few exceptions, the sound was appalling!! The digital transfer of the Dub version is on the 2004 WB Instrumental-TV Versions US WBR Promo CDR that was available in wav here!! It's titled TV version but is actually the dub remix (on europe june pressings) /instrumental (on US pressings)

Can you share this borderline dub in wav please ? i think i missed that one ? :))

6 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Oh yeah, of course, here it is... I've changed the title cause that's how it first appeared on the "Borderline" US promo 12" so... Feel free to name it as you wish... ;)

Thanks for the quick upload :)) xx

I've got all of the 1995 CD single releases but never listen to them to be honest, I always favour the us maxi-singles or Japanese EPs over these. Is the 'Everybody' CD single also mislabelled?

2 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

I've got all of the 1995 CD single releases but never listen to them to be honest, I always favour the us maxi-singles or Japanese EPs over these. Is the 'Everybody' CD single also mislabelled?

Yes, it's mislabelled. From discogs:

"Track 1 is erroneously titled as "Everybody (Instrumental Version)". In fact it is the original album version.
Durations are also wrongly provided for both tracks.
It says: 
1- Everybody (Instrumental) 5:56

2- Everybody (Dub Version) 9:23 "

Real tracklist:

1 - Everybody (Album Version) 4:55

2 - Everybody (Dub Version) 8:58

18 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, it's mislabelled. From discogs:

"Track 1 is erroneously titled as "Everybody (Instrumental Version)". In fact it is the original album version.
Durations are also wrongly provided for both tracks.
It says: 
1- Everybody (Instrumental) 5:56

2- Everybody (Dub Version) 9:23 "

Real tracklist:

1 - Everybody (Album Version) 4:55

2 - Everybody (Dub Version) 8:58

Also worth noting that on the 1995 German CD the Dub Version actually clips the first beat, for this mix look for the True Blue Club Mix EP from Japan, no errors on that one.

23 hours ago, DressMeUp said:

Papa Don't Preach is my favourite of those reissues - 'Ain't No Big Deal' sounds really good, as does the Extended version of 'Papa Don't Preach'. Nice to have them in CD format - and the cover art is great.

If you listen to Ain’t No Big deal from either the Japan Dress You Up CD, or 40CD box set you wouldn’t agree!

the one on the 1995 German CD sounds muddy and the speed is off...