Worst song titles

luckystar

Shanti/Ashtangi - should have been called "Ashtanga" or "Mantra" cause that's it's the opening mantra used in Ashtanga yoga classes. Ashtanga means to "have eight limbs".

Cyber-raga - should have been called "Mangala" cause it's the so called "Mangala Mantra" used to close Ashtanga yoga sessions. Mangala means "auspicious" in Sanskrit.

X-Static Process - You expect something out of this world and you get a demo song basically. 

Isaac - should have been titled "Angels"

Gang Bang - should have been titled "Bang Bang"

HeartBreakCity - should have been titled "Heartbreak City"

Addicted - Stupid title and confusing cause she had a song with almost the same title on the previous album. She should have kept "The One That Got Away" as title.

Auto-Tune Baby - Should have been titled "Rockabye Baby"

For me, it would the following, they're the worst offenders. 

Give It 2 Me

Dance 2nite

Devil

Gang Bang 

Gimme All Your Lovin 

Heartbreakshitty :ahh:

What about album titles though? I'd nominate the past three albums. A bit "meh" in my opinion. Rebel Heart doesn't even include the title track in the standard version and without the double album she intended it's just not the same. "Like A Bitch" perhaps? :angel:

12 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

Let it will be and B-Day song probably...

And I don't really like the numbers on the Hard Candy tracks. Especially Dance 2Night.

Same!!! I forgot about Let It Will Be, was that typo on the demo tape that ended being used? It doesn't even make an ounce of sense, I've never understood it! She doesn't even say it in the lyrics, at least I don't think so, been about a decade since I last listened to the album! 

20 hours ago, BItch I'm Madonna said:

Shanti/Ashtangi - should have been called "Ashtanga" or "Mantra" cause that's it's the opening mantra used in Ashtanga yoga classes. Ashtanga means to "have eight limbs".

Cyber-raga - should have been called "Mangala" cause it's the so called "Mangala Mantra" used to close Ashtanga yoga sessions. Mangala means "auspicious" in Sanskrit.

X-Static Process - You expect something out of this world and you get a demo song basically. 

Isaac - should have been titled "Angels"

Gang Bang - should have been titled "Bang Bang"

HeartBreakCity - should have been titled "Heartbreak City"

Addicted - Stupid title and confusing cause she had a song with almost the same title on the previous album. She should have kept "The One That Got Away" as title.

Auto-Tune Baby - Should have been titled "Rockabye Baby"

'Shanti/Ashtangi'. Shanti means "peace" and Ashtangi is someone who practices Ashthanga. So I always assumed it was peace be to those who practice the 8 limbs of yoga. Perfect title to me. She also uses the refrain "in the form of a man up to the shoulders" in 'To Have and Not to Hold' which I suspect makes 'Shanti/Ashtangi' about checking out the hot guys sweating in her yoga class. Lol. "checkin' out the hotties" later in 'American Life'.

'Cyber-Raga': Raga is an Indian melody, it also means a desire or to be saturated in something. So Cyber refers to the turn of the new millennium obsession with tech and her interest in electronica which fits with the Cyber Cowboy theme of Music to me. And yes it is the closing chant to Ashtanga which book ends with Shanti.

'X-Static Process': (One of her greatest songs of all time) The process, the way to ecstasy, finding your true self and letting go of your ego.

'Isaac': Isaac Sinwani is the singer on it, he appeared on Confessions Tour, he is one of the head teachers at the Kabbalah Centre Moscow. Isaac is also the son of Biblical patriarch Abraham who is to be bound and sacrificed. It's a reference to the negative selfish side of a person that must be bound and sacrificed. 

'Auto-Tune Baby': Awful title, awful song.

1 hour ago, AspergerArtist said:

For me, it would the following, they're the worst offenders. 

Give It 2 Me

Dance 2nite

Devil

Gang Bang 

Gimme All Your Lovin 

Heartbreakshitty :ahh:

What about album titles though? I'd nominate the past three albums. A bit "meh" in my opinion. Rebel Heart doesn't even include the title track in the standard version and without the double album she intended it's just not the same. "Like A Bitch" perhaps? :angel:

The standard version has been removed from a lot of platforms as far as I know. I think there was never intended to be a version aside from the 19 track and 25 track deluxe version. Most likely just a clean version that omitted all the "naughty" tracks. 

The tracklisting was fucked and all over the place anyway. I don't think it was meant to be the way it was in the end. Her team simply missed the opportunity to fix the tracklisting after the 6 track EP release and all the rushed madness that came with the leak.

1 hour ago, anaglyphx said:

'Shanti/Ashtangi'. Shanti means "peace" and Ashtangi is someone who practices Ashthanga. So I always assumed it was peace be to those who practice the 8 limbs of yoga. Perfect title to me. She also uses the refrain "in the form of a man up to the shoulders" in 'To Have and Not to Hold' which I suspect makes 'Shanti/Ashtangi' about checking out the hot guys sweating in her yoga class. Lol. "checkin' out the hotties" later in 'American Life'.

'Cyber-Raga': Raga is an Indian melody, it also means a desire or to be saturated in something. So Cyber refers to the turn of the new millennium obsession with tech and her interest in electronica which fits with the Cyber Cowboy theme of Music to me. And yes it is the closing chant to Ashtanga which book ends with Shanti.

'X-Static Process': (One of her greatest songs of all time) The process, the way to ecstasy, finding your true self and letting go of your ego.

'Isaac': Isaac Sinwani is the singer on it, he appeared on Confessions Tour, he is one of the head teachers at the Kabbalah Centre Moscow. Isaac is also the son of Biblical patriarch Abraham who is to be bound and sacrificed. It's a reference to the negative selfish side of a person that must be bound and sacrificed. 

'Auto-Tune Baby': Awful title, awful song.

I know all of this. I still think those titles are pretentious.

X-Static Process in my honest opinion is one of her worst songs of all time. I simply don't like songs that sound half-cooked and rough like that. I don't like her vocals on it, the way it's mixed, the guitar...nothing. I sticks out like a sore thumb on the album which is flawless apart from this song.

5 hours ago, AspergerArtist said:

Same!!! I forgot about Let It Will Be, was that typo on the demo tape that ended being used? It doesn't even make an ounce of sense, I've never understood it! She doesn't even say it in the lyrics, at least I don't think so, been about a decade since I last listened to the album! 

She says it, several times actually.

4 hours ago, BItch I'm Madonna said:

I know all of this. I still think those titles are pretentious.

X-Static Process in my honest opinion is one of her worst songs of all time. I simply don't like songs that sound half-cooked and rough like that. I don't like her vocals on it, the way it's mixed, the guitar...nothing. I sticks out like a sore thumb on the album which is flawless apart from this song.

Image result for you're so wrong meme

22 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

I think some people are misunderstanding the point of this thread. It's not to list songs that you think are bad, but songs that have odd titles.

This. I also think that this is not the thread for "the song you don't like"

this is the thread about "the song which have bad titles"

for me it's

1.I'm going bananas

2.Shoo-Bee-Doo

3.give it 2 me

On 9/9/2018 at 3:11 PM, anaglyphx said:

I think those titles were OK too.

B-Day Song - I consider this to be the worst M song, so it's fitting... although I have to listen to it back to back with...

Auto-Tune Baby

Give It 2 Me*

Dance 2night*

I'm So Stupid

HeartBreakCity

Revolver

*I just really dislike this (thankfully dead) trend where you replace "to/too/two" with "2", I don't like this aesthetic at all