Another GIrlie Show Question

null

So almost four years ago,I opened up a thread about asking a question about The Girlie Show. This is a follow up to that thread lol.

So when the show opens with Erotica,besides Madonna's iconic solo on the stage's turntable,there was also the four dancers acting as boxers,two male and two female. But I never understood why this was a part of this performance. For years I've wondered why she had her dancers pose as boxers during this number. It never made any sense to me,and it still doesn't (I just got done watching the Sydney performance for like the 500th time lol). Is it also weird that I always thought her belt said "Oh" on the buckle with that outfit? Or have I just been seeing things? Kind of strange to combine two questions into this thread but they both needed to be asked by me lol. If y'all have answers,let me know and tune me in. :Madonna010:

Girlie Show Sunday! The boxing segment in EROTICA was something based on a painting in Madonna’s NYC apt. The opening piece in TGS was showing different things that were ‘erotic’ to M and Christopher. Boxing is erotic. Madonna sent Luca and I to boxing school to look legit. Check out my face! Up at 5 am for a 6 am class for a week before rehearsals!! The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my career. #sundayfunfact #thegirlieshow #dancer #boxer ##worldtour PHOTO BY CHRIS CICCONE.

20 minutes ago, Frank said:

Girlie Show Sunday! The boxing segment in EROTICA was something based on a painting in Madonna’s NYC apt. The opening piece in TGS was showing different things that were ‘erotic’ to M and Christopher. Boxing is erotic. Madonna sent Luca and I to boxing school to look legit. Check out my face! Up at 5 am for a 6 am class for a week before rehearsals!! The hardest thing I’ve ever done in my career. #sundayfunfact #thegirlieshow #dancer #boxer ##worldtour PHOTO BY CHRIS CICCONE.

Thank you for this insight. Now it finally makes sense.

• 1 month later...