Poll: Which song is your favourite from 'American Life'?

Jascka

'American Life'  

72 members voted

1. 1. Which is yours?

• American life
    • Hollywood
    • I'm so stupid
    • Love profusion
    • Nobody knows me
    • Nothing fails
    • Intervention
    • X-static process
    • Mother and father
    • Die another day
    • Easy ride

Listening to the full album! It's such a pleasure to rediscover all the songs from 1 to 11 after a few months without listening anything from this album.

I love so much the songs Nothing fails, X-Static process, Intervention, Hollywood (I can't get enough of this one :laughing:), Mother and Father.

And… Easy ride! What a perfect closing song for this album. ???

Rock the vote!!

:pop:

I voted for Nobody Knows Me but there's so many good songs here. Yeah, American Life gets flack but I love it's harsh sound and silly lyrics. I mean, I vibe to that rap on the interstate. Hollywood is a good carefree song with subtle darkness sewn into it. Nothing Fails and Love Profusion are beautiful and so fun to try out singing M on. Die Another Day is one of my all time favorite songs (in my top 20 atleast). I'm So Stupid was one of the first songs I heard from the album on YouTube and I always enjoyed the intro. X-Static Process carries such a powerful message and Interventions last half is so moving, makes me want to pray some times. Mother and Father is also condemned sometimes and while it is quirky and similar to American Life's bleeps and boops, I never minded it. Easy Ride is similar to the other outro songs of the other 2000s albums and they all wrap up their respective albums quite well. The songs not included are also some of my fav M songs like Set to the Right and I'm in Love with Love.

I love a lot about the album but whenever Madonna gets political I lose interest. I know she meant well, the sentiment is there but she isn't as articulate or informed as she believes so the message came out a bit garbled. It has a scrapbook feel to it, which I love. I remember there being a few stories at the time about the record company telling her the album was too avant garde, in my opinion her best work is when she takes risks.

21 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

I really love this album except for American Life. I think if that song hadn't been on here and the album had been called NOBODY KNOWS ME it would have been a success.

Same here!!

I think it makes me a minority, but I have a soft spot for I'm So Stupid. Most people don't like the song, but I think it's one of her most underrated songs ever. Especially that 'siren' sound, it gives the song an intensity which I love.

American Life (both song and video) kind of ruined the whole era. I don't mind Madonna being political but the song and especially the rap part didn't convey her message of questioning the American dream and our society in the right way. I think that another album title like "X-Static Process" and a different run of singles (Nobody Knows Me, Hollywood, Nothing Fails) could have made the album more successful.