Sign in to follow this  
Régine Filange

What about M14 music videos?

She will have three good music videos. MDNA and Rebel Heart got that down. Confession's and Hard Candy had two good music videos for their leads. I didn't mind Miles Away being a tour compilation or Jump even but Get Together was underwhelming. American Life is where music video started getting spotty I think. American Life's original video was perfect and Hollywood could have had more narrative but they were good. Love Profusion was beautiful at times but cheap aswell, like Windows screensaver. Nothing Fails got nothing... What a fail, lol.

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

she hasnt made a decent music video since 2004s Bedtime Story -  and shamefully we dont even have a good quality version of it :((

Bedtime Story was 1994, and I agree that since then her videos have been getting cheaper and cheaper.

4 hours ago, fmportela said:

Bedtime Story was 1994, and I agree that since then her videos have been getting cheaper and cheaper.

Not true. Only if you think simple is considered bad and over the top is great - it's not.

Real problem is that she only does 3-4 singles and in the 80's and 90's she had 5-6 singles from a single album that was much shorter than albums she puts today. And she always did chep stuff... for example...

Like a Virgin album - 9 songs, 4 singles from them Angel was a montage, Dress you up is live from a concert video release.

Like a Prayer - 11 songs, 6 singles including animated Dear Jessy and concert video of Keep it together

Rebel Heart - 19-24 songs, only 3 singles

On the other hand some artists like Beyonce  make videos for entire albums released all at once the day album is out.

Don't think Madonna will ever do that.

47 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Not true. Only if you think simple is considered bad and over the top is great - it's not.

Real problem is that she only does 3-4 singles and in the 80's and 90's she had 5-6 singles from a single album that was much shorter than albums she puts today. And she always did chep stuff... for example...

Like a Virgin album - 9 songs, 4 singles from them Angel was a montage, Dress you up is live from a concert video release.

Like a Prayer - 11 songs, 6 singles including animated Dear Jessy and concert video of Keep it together

Rebel Heart - 19-24 songs, only 3 singles

On the other hand some artists like Beyonce  make videos for entire albums released all at once the day album is out.

Don't think Madonna will ever do that.

Sacrilege!  You misspelled Dear Jessie!!! Arrghh.  Oh now you got to listen to White Heart off the single!!! (See the irony there??) 

I think the time has gone where she releases as many singles as possible and if she did why not have sales increased by waltzing into the vault and pick a oldie but goodie as B-side like... Working My Fingers or Queen Of Misery? 

But that aint gonna happen as radio station ignore her for the reason below and she'd rather have album sales than single sales! 

94teh1hsawj11.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 7:11 PM, gafuller said:

She will have three good music videos. MDNA and Rebel Heart got that down. Confession's and Hard Candy had two good music videos for their leads. I didn't mind Miles Away being a tour compilation or Jump even but Get Together was underwhelming. American Life is where music video started getting spotty I think. American Life's original video was perfect and Hollywood could have had more narrative but they were good. Love Profusion was beautiful at times but cheap aswell, like Windows screensaver. Nothing Fails got nothing... What a fail, lol.

Confessions and Hard Candy had mediocre videos for Madonna.

:Madonna026:

We can all agree her 80s and 90s videos are iconic! For instance, I am not a fan of the ROL  video but I love Frozen, Drowned world and NRM.

As I have said many times already, everything changed with the withdrawal of the American Life video. Which is probably her best ever! Outrageous, provocative, original, well shot, full of cultural references. Such a pity it was not later released in Celebration. The flag video I won't comment. She seemed to lose interest in the medium: no video for Nothing fails (shame!!), Love profusion coming from an ad.

Hung Up is good, Jump could have been a lot better. The Confession era is a little in between...

I am not a fan of 4 Minutes video, but it's kinda new. GI2M is a copy of Hollywood and Hung up, one of her worst imo. Miles away is just a promotional video.

GMAYL and LFL are terrible, I hate the Matador concept mixed with the Minotaur.

TUTR:  I really appreciate that it was shot in Florence, but it is very "deja vu" (similar to Drowned world and Music, for instance).

Girl gone wild and Ghosttown are the best of the past decade.

Now let's wait and see how the videos for her two new singles are:

1 (Put your rollers on my) Skin

2 MDNA perfume girl

:dihtltt:

I think that, if this album is the one that ends the deal with Live Nation, she will try to make a great era with the album, the videos, the tour and the promotion. If she finish her contract she will need a new one (with Live Nation, Warner or others, who knows) and if she gets a big success she'll have more money for her job.

So, talking about the videos, I think she will do something good. The problem for me is not Madonna, the problem are the videos that success now. I mean, her best youtube video in the last years is "Bitch, I'm Madonna", Of course is not her best but is what people now wants to see, I don't know if I explain myself.

For me "Give me all your luvin'", "Girl gone wild", "Living for love" and "Ghosttown" are not bad videos but is not the kind of videos people want to see. So I guess that she can do 2 things... 

1, An incredible video full of special effects or things that make people say "Wow! We've never see something like this on a video before".

2. A stupid video with people dancing like "Bitch, I'm Madonna", I'm not saying this one is a bad video. I think it fits the song perfectly, but is not the kind of video made by Madonna after all her iconic videos made in the past.

But hey, only time will tell...

The thing is, her music videos were the main promotional tool for her albums back in the day. So it made sense to spend the money and time on them. They basically replaced the need to do a lot of tv performances or to tour extensively.

Now her music videos don't get seen anywhere near as much and her singles rarely even make the charts, so she probably doesn't see the need to spend so much time, money and effort on them.

As a result we have gotten a ton more tv appearences, particularly during the Rebel Heart era and she tours much more now.