Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

The way I read into it, she pretty much rolled with the punches with her last few albums, but realized it's not how she prefers to make an album.  I don't see it as her having "lack of control".  I don't see it as she was forced to work people she didn't want to.  I think she just was rolling with the trend of how albums were being put together.  It's not the first time she's complained about the lack of work ethic by those she worked with in the past.  She's complained about the time wasted with the producers of "Rebel Heart".  I guess this time around, she doesn't want to go that route again. 

I more intrigued by her "coming soon" comment. 

But is she really forced to do these writing camps? And who ‘makes’ her collaborate with artists like LMFAO, Nas, Nicki Minaj etc? 

I think fans are (as typical) going after Guy thinking he’s ‘ruining’ her career but maybe he just has a really good way to convince her to go and do it. I mean she’s still the first credited songwriter and producer so she would have the most input. 

I feel she has more of a say than we think or by the way she makes it sound. 

15 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

But is she really forced to do these writing camps? And who ‘makes’ her collaborate with artists like LMFAO, Nas, Nicki Minaj etc? 

I think fans are (as typical) going after Guy thinking he’s ‘ruining’ her career but maybe he just has a really good way to convince her to go and do it. I mean she’s still the first credited songwriter and producer so she would have the most input. 

I feel she has more of a say than we think or by the way she makes it sound. 

I don't see it as "forced" either.  I think she's probably annoyed with the process anymore.  She complained with the last album how she would have these quick moments with her writers and producers, only for them to be gone for long period of times before they would get back to working on her music. I feel that's what she's truly complaining about.  She's always stated she works best with one or two producers at the helm, rather a plethora of them.  I think she just kinda fell into what the trend in making music was.  I think she tried to make the best of it.  I feel she's just trying to let Guy know she's not interested in working with all these different people who have the attention span of 15 minutes.  In fact, that's what a lot of the music is these days.  Just a lot of fast shifting beats.  I get the impression she wants to get back to how it used to be.  Unfortunately, that's not how all the current trend of artists work these days.  So it's either up to her to just do her own thing and hope for the best, or this could be the last straw that might push her out of the music business.

25 minutes ago, Liam said:

I don't see it as "forced" either.  I think she's probably annoyed with the process anymore.  She complained with the last album how she would have these quick moments with her writers and producers, only for them to be gone for long period of times before they would get back to working on her music. I feel that's what she's truly complaining about.  She's always stated she works best with one or two producers at the helm, rather a plethora of them.  I think she just kinda fell into what the trend in making music was.  I think she tried to make the best of it.  I feel she's just trying to let Guy know she's not interested in working with all these different people who have the attention span of 15 minutes.  In fact, that's what a lot of the music is these days.  Just a lot of fast shifting beats.  I get the impression she wants to get back to how it used to be.  Unfortunately, that's not how all the current trend of artists work these days.  So it's either up to her to just do her own thing and hope for the best, or this could be the last straw that might push her out of the music business.

I think she said something like that about Diplo and/or Kanye West how he’s super hyped up, jumping, yelling etc. Maybe she kinda find it humorous for a bit but then is probably thinking ‘Ok stop sitting on your phone or talking to people I want to finish up here and go’.

19 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

I think she said something like that about Diplo and/or Kanye West how he’s super hyped up, jumping, yelling etc. Maybe she kinda find it humorous for a bit but then is probably thinking ‘Ok stop sitting on your phone or talking to people I want to finish up here and go’.

Yes, she complained a bit about Diplo being he would be there to work with her and then weeks he would be gone where she's waiting to finish up tracks. 

I just get the feeling that the way music is produced these days, the passion is lacking.  Everyone rushes in and puts it together like a car in a factory and then it's shipped out.   Madonna prefers to spend a chunk of time in the studio producing song after song. Forming a  relationship of some sort.  These days there are too many people involved in a song.  There isn't any real passion behind it.  

40 minutes ago, Liam said:

Yes, she complained a bit about Diplo being he would be there to work with her and then weeks he would be gone where she's waiting to finish up tracks. 

I just get the feeling that the way music is produced these days, the passion is lacking.  Everyone rushes in and puts it together like a car in a factory and then it's shipped out.   Madonna prefers to spend a chunk of time in the studio producing song after song. Forming a  relationship of some sort.  These days there are too many people involved in a song.  There isn't any real passion behind it.  

Yeah I remember reading some article during the Rebel Heart era  (probably something related to the leaks) she was saying how she missed the old days how you couldn’t just send files of tracks back and forth so easily like now (which probably goes back to saying Diplo would disappear and just kinda phone in his stuff from another continent lol) and how you had to be present in the studio to get stuff done. 

I bet that’s where that disconnect comes from, like when you’re really not there the magic and energy that comes from those sessions is kinda lost. We can hear it in MDNA and Rebel Heart, too many hands working on it where it’s no one is really invested in it. 

2 hours ago, LivingForLove94 said:

Marina wants to work with Madonna! What do you guys think? 

Nothing would make me more happy to be honest. American Life and The family Jewels share some similar topics and Rebel Heart and Froot were my favorite albums from 2015. God I really wish this collaboration happens :cryin:

Sorry, she looks bad here.  Maybe the lighting isn't that great, but this just proves short hair will not look good on her at this point in her life.  All the mentions saying it looks like it's been ripped from an earlier era, is just mind boggling to me?!?  This look just doesn't look good on her anymore. 

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic