Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

What do you think? Is M singing background? I don't think so, at least it is not sure, maybe it is Mercy also playing the piano, but I read many different opinions on the Instagram comments...

I'm not sure about this. My opinion is it's not Madonna but I also read instagram comments and a lot of people think that it's Madonna. So I'm not sure..

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Lol. A fan told her he wished she'd stop focusing on skin care and serums and focus her attention on music. Her response though. :laughing:

fKhMENBX88M.jpg

Damn!  Keep on Madonna.  I love her!  I totally agree with her and more fans need to read and comprehend this!!!  In fact, from this point on for anyone making demands on how she should carry out her career and life, I'm going to quote; She's not your "performing monkey put on this earth to only make songs for you".   LOL!

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Despite her great reply, I have to confess that I am not totally ready to perceive her skin line as art. And I'd love her to care more about her musical legacy and her back catalogue, hoping she'll be remembered for the wannabes and LAP and Truth or Dare more than the reinvention cream...

C'mon now?   Do you really think after all these years, she's going to be remember more for a "skin cream"?  No way.   Anyway, the way she adverts the line, is using her "art" and "creativity" as well.  I'm sure she'd love for the skin line to be one of many things she's remembered for, but let's think about this, is Liz Taylor remember more for her perfume?  I don't think so, even though it was a highly successful perfume.   :)

7 hours ago, Liam said:

C'mon now?   Do you really think after all these years, she's going to be remember more for a "skin cream"?  No way.   Anyway, the way she adverts the line, is using her "art" and "creativity" as well.  I'm sure she'd love for the skin line to be one of many things she's remembered for, but let's think about this, is Liz Taylor remember more for her perfume?  I don't think so, even though it was a highly successful perfume.   :)

Of course I know that it's not the same, but it's M who used the words "art" and "legacy", which to me seem a little disrespectful to her music achievements. I know that she can do what she wants and she is not a puppet in the hands of her fans, and I also know that music is an industry too, aimed at making money, but still I'd rather use the word "art" for a song that inspire people and can even save a life, rather than a cream or a spray. Still I don't think that Liz Taylor would have called her perfume "art". I also hope that at least all these strange teasers and SK pictures finally get to something more defined.

PS Am I right or have the fan comment and her reply been cancelled?

9 hours ago, Enrico said:

Of course I know that it's not the same, but it's M who used the words "art" and "legacy", which to me seem a little disrespectful to her music achievements. I know that she can do what she wants and she is not a puppet in the hands of her fans, and I also know that music is an industry too, aimed at making money, but still I'd rather use the word "art" for a song that inspire people and can even save a life, rather than a cream or a spray. Still I don't think that Liz Taylor would have called her perfume "art". I also hope that at least all these strange teasers and SK pictures finally get to something more defined.

PS Am I right or have the fan comment and her reply been cancelled?

I think you're reading too much into what she said.   I think what she is referring to is the promotional videos are part of her art and the way she takes care of her skin (and now sharing that regimen with the world) is part of whom she is.  And let's keep in mind, she said it in defense to someone insulting her.

I mean let's face it, some of the videos are quite great and even better than some of her music videos.  

I personally think she is trying to have fun with it.  I've never seen anyone be so quirky when selling a product.  It's not your typical way of selling a product, but these days, to reach the public with a product is very hard especially when you are known to the world as a superstar in the entertainment business.

If she starts doing infomercials and appearing on QVC then maybe we should worry.

On 15/6/2018 at 11:25 PM, Enrico said:

Despite her great reply, I have to confess that I am not totally ready to perceive her skin line as art. And I'd love her to care more about her musical legacy and her back catalogue, hoping she'll be remembered for the wannabes and LAP and Truth or Dare more than the reinvention cream...

So true. :laughing:

13 hours ago, Enrico said:

Of course I know that it's not the same, but it's M who used the words "art" and "legacy", which to me seem a little disrespectful to her music achievements. I know that she can do what she wants and she is not a puppet in the hands of her fans, and I also know that music is an industry too, aimed at making money, but still I'd rather use the word "art" for a song that inspire people and can even save a life, rather than a cream or a spray. Still I don't think that Liz Taylor would have called her perfume "art". 

Exactly. But it seems we can't even complaint about that either. :thinker: Something that is logical at any point of view I think, but not for some people. They are satisfied with whatever "crappy thing" (perfumes, gyms, H&M...) she (and her team) gives them, and then everybody has to think the same way... 

I too wish this crazy unlimited focus on 'MDNA Skin' would translate also into GOOD music and re-releases of her old catalogue or anniversary editions of her best-selling albums... legacy? Yeah! So what about music releases, Madonna? What about having something released for posterity and being professionally made, Madonna? Shows filmed that won’t see the light of day... unless this situation is changed.

Yep! Not happy with these decisions of her team, honestly. It's a matter of will and what they want to do and what not. For both parts, the record label and Madonna.

Come on, her legacy will always be in her recordings and the music that its found in her albums.

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic