Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

16 hours ago, gafuller said:

She didn't choose something simple like lip gloss either. I enjoy the MDNA skin stuff. She looks good in them, makes me hopeful. 

While you are of course correct (on all counts) that wasn't my point. My point is that M is doing this to make money, big money, and I'm not sure that she'll be or has been as successful in this as she wants. Time will tell of course, but she's spending a lot of time on this line of products that frankly most people cannot afford. It's obvious that she's doing this so that she can do an Elizabeth Taylor and make money off of personal products long after she retires, but I think it would make sense to have a line of MDNA Skin that everyone can afford, not just her friends.

47 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

While you are of course correct (on all counts) that wasn't my point. My point is that M is doing this to make money, big money, and I'm not sure that she'll be or has been as successful in this as she wants. Time will tell of course, but she's spending a lot of time on this line of products that frankly most people cannot afford. It's obvious that she's doing this so that she can do an Elizabeth Taylor and make money off of personal products long after she retires, but I think it would make sense to have a line of MDNA Skin that everyone can afford, not just her friends.

I do agree in regards to availability. Perhaps, with time, it will become less expensive. I don't see it being a household name. M views herself as a business woman but she never truly sticks to her side projects. Hard Candy could have been an extraordinary gym chain, but with lack of direction, its crumbled. MDNA Skin is using her image but its run by others. Which may be its strongest chance at surviving. M will move on to other projects. Music alone requires a ton of her attention (touring especially) and of course family (which keeps growing) and of course Malawi (which has been one of her most stable and successful side projects/passions).

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • Fighter locked and unlocked this topic
  • Fighter unpinned, locked, unlocked and pinned this topic