Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

Madonna has been licensing her music more liberally lately. Someone sang "Like a Virgin" on The Masked Singer this season, and an episode of MTV's "The Challenge" also played Like A Virgin.
I've noticed this too. This is why I'm hoping the rumour that Ray of Light will be in the next GTA game is true.

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Madonna has been licensing her music more liberally lately. Someone sang "Like a Virgin" on The Masked Singer this season, and an episode of MTV's "The Challenge" also played Like A Virgin.

I don't get why it's taken this long I mean for decades she was ahead of trend then for the past decade it felt her hits and songs were rarely used on TV and films like ....I genuinely think so e could've been used in the Guardian of the Galaxy films or something you know?

7 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I don't get why it's taken this long I mean for decades she was ahead of trend then for the past decade it felt her hits and songs were rarely used on TV and films like ....I genuinely think so e could've been used in the Guardian of the Galaxy films or something you know?

I actually get it.  For the longest time, Madonna tried not to license her music to just anything. Though, if you look back, her music has been licensed to a lot of films in her 40+ year career.  But I do think there could have been more bigger films her music could have been part of.  Still, I'm glad she just didn't lend her music to every freakin' soundtrack or Compilations.  Her music really remains home on the parent albums they originally came from.  :)

33 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

here's a list of all the shows/movies where her songs were played, it's quite an extensive list, there's 500+ appearances (including Madonna's own releases). A major increase happened in the late 90's / early 2000s

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000187/?ref_=tt_ov_st

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

here's a list of all the shows/movies where her songs were played, it's quite an extensive list, there's 500+ appearances (including Madonna's own releases). A major increase happened in the late 90's / early 2000s

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000187/?ref_=tt_ov_st

Thank you for this.  Many don't realize how much of her music has been part of soundtracks for television and films.  :)