Things I loved about the 2010s

madgefan

Let's share our favourite moments from this decade. Things that have made us proud of being a Madonna fan. Things that prove she's still got IT, even if she's older or feels less creative. Let's celebrate the unforgettable moments that have become ICONIC and memorable.  And I know future generations of fans will start appreciating them.

2010: Madonna directs her second movie. How many times did she talk about directing in older interviews? She finally did it and I can't be more proud of her exploring artistic areas where she's totally inexperienced and, of course, working her ass off to make one of her dreams come true. I don't care what the critics had to say about W.E. to be honest.

Related image

2011: Madonna attends the MET Gala after... don't really know how many years but that night she looked flawless.

113513575-640x904.jpg

2012: The MDNA Tour. What can I say? Her longest tour ever, 88 live shows in total. It looked as if the Blond Ambition Tour and the Drowned World Tour had a child. AND THE re-invented CONE BRA!!!

madonna-mdna-tour.jpg

2013: Madonna attends the EPIX premiere of the MDNA Tour video dressed like Marlene Dietrich and answers lots of fan questions!

Related image

2014: Madonna takes over Instagram. I don't know if you feel it this way... but she could read and reply to your own comments someday! 

Foto: Instagram

2015: Rebel Heart. Love it, hate it. When it comes to ballads, Madonna is one of the best.

Image result for madonna mert marcus 2015

2016: Woman of the Year Speech. 

But to the doubters, the naysayers, to everyone who gave me hell and said I could not, that I would not, that I must not – your resistance made me stronger, made me push harder, made me the fighter that I am today, made me the woman that I am today.

So thank you.

Image result for madonna woman of the year gif

2017: Madonna opens kids' hospital wing in Malawi.

Image result for madonna 2017 malawi

Smith asked the singer, "What do you hope the name Madonna means?"

"Mother of God. Isn't that what it means?"

"In your case, what do you hope it means, when people hear that name?"

"Oh. I don't know -- lots of words are popping in my head."

"You can say them all. It doesn't have to be a one-word answer."

"Okay. 'Tough girl from Detroit. Good mother. Resilient. Tenacious. Made a difference."

2018: Madonna performs at the MET GALA

metmdna1536097218.jpg

2019: Welcome to the World of Madame X

20191129-pictures-madonna-lofficiel-rica

NOW SHARE YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENTS! :benice:

We got great Tours (dvd of said tours could've been better), We got great album (yeah there was weak moment on both, but there was strong moments too) and we got great music videos. Remixes of singles were not as good as they were during Music-American Life era but they were not that bad either.

Overall I'm happy with what we had and I'm still a proud Rebel HEart Madonna fan.

People are disapointed because they have unrealistic expectation and want a specific style of music but in the end she's going to do whatever she wants.

You cannot negotiate with a pop star. The woman said it herself in IGTTYAS

i think the fans forget she has 6 kids ..well 4 kids to look after now ...she doesn't just sit at home strumming her guitar making music she has a actual life with her family......what i don't understand is why does she feel like she needs to keep on making money ...how much is enough like she said " how much fortune can you make " in the song " how high " ...

I do wonder if she is happy though ......i hope she is ...

I think if you listen to the lyrics of " wash all over me " we can understand where she feels she stands in todays music industry ...

Sorry - her worst decade in terms of great music quality output(Standout songs for me have been Falling Free, Masterpiece, Rebel heart & Ghosttown) the videos havent been great either and as for her tours - please ditch Kevin Antunes !! - i dont think she will ever capture the magic she gave us in the 80s or 90s but i would love to be proved wrong

Since leaving Warner... Well... My highlights would definitely be... huh, this is hard.
Well, Super Bowl was impressive visually, put her back in the spotlight, felt like a triumph. 
A slew of amazing tracks mixed in with horrible ones.
HC: "Give It 2 Me", "She's Not Me", "Incredible", "Devil", "Voices"
MDNA: "I'm Addicted", "Love Spent", "Falling Free", "Best Friend"
Rebel Heart: "Devil Pray", "Bitch I'm Madonna", "Joan of Arc", "Iconic", "Messiah"

Looking back, I'm not happy with the videos either. Even the ones that were professionally done were mostly shallow exercises with no real substance. The video for "Ghosttown", which would arguably be her best one lately, is simply not comparable to some of her early masterpieces. It's hard when the shadow of your younger self haunts you, I guess?

23 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Sorry - her worst decade in terms of great music quality output(Standout songs for me have been Falling Free, Masterpiece, Rebel heart & Ghosttown) the videos havent been great either and as for her tours - please ditch Kevin Antunes !! - i dont think she will ever capture the magic she gave us in the 80s or 90s but i would love to be proved wrong

You realise the topic was what you LOVED about 2010s? There's half a dozen threads at any given moment here discussing everything people hate about the past decade so why contribute to this one? Just saying... :)

Anyway. The MDNA Tour was spectacular and Rebel Heart Tour was my absolute favourite time seeing Madonna live. I feel like we got a bit of old "spunky" Madonna back in 2010s which I welcomed. 

This

Image result for madonna topless 2015

I love that she got the girls out again and went all Dita on us. I do wish the music was as mind blowing as the Erotica era, but oh well. I never thought I'd see the day when a mid-50s Madonna would take it off again, especially not after this decade's boring stuffy Esther reincarnation:

madonna%20with%20chickens.jpg

See ya 2000s! Hello 90s, er, I mean, 2010s!

tod_naked.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The tours were stunning. MDNA tour was spectacular, RHT was Madonna at her most playful and funny.

I think her laziness and lack of creativity on MDNA and her ridiculous selfies and Instagram posts kind of killed her career. Younger people are not interested in her music cause she turned herself into a joke. No one really gets excited about a Madonna album anymore apart from the fans because the expectations are low.

Rebel heart was a big step in the right direction lyrically and artistically. Hopefully Madame X will be a return to form.

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread!

Nice to see some positivity even if I've found the 2010s quite underwhelming myself, but still there's been lots of stuff for me to love. I especially love how she moved into film making and I hope, hope, hope that if she ever stops recording that she'll make hundreds of films (and maybe be ever as daring in subject and form as she's been in her music career?)

I love 2010's Madonna ! It's a big fuck you in the faces of all the people that would have liked her to retire of act her age (most silly statement).

I loved the Turn Up The Radio video or the Hard Candy cover for that reason alone, not to mention I loved lots of songs on each album, and the tours !

SoggyApprehensiveJapanesebeetle-size_res

Madonna%20-%20Hard%20Candy.jpg?itok=faQE

Yes, she still have passion and that sex factor !!

tumblr_pqi0zo1d061qd4w1no3_540.gif

I love that force she has, she's not giving up, just as she did in the Brits during Living For Love, she stood up and kept the fight !

2618DEEC00000578-2969176-image-m-52_1424

Guest Nobody Knows Me

MDNA

Honestly, I know it is far from her best work, but as an era it really is a fantastic moment for me. First of all, the Superbowl performance was nothing short of legendary, and she seemed so warm and loving in the interviews around this time, and she looked gorgeous. Despite that the album artistically isn’t a high point, I really love it, probably because of how much I loved EDM music. 

madonna GIF

The MDNA Tour is honestly one of my favourite concert tours ever and one of my favourite Madonna tours. The production was so intricate and futuristic, the choreography was phenomenal and every outfit was brilliant. 

Madame X has of course been a far better era artistically and the album really does rank amongst some of her best albums for me, but I really did love the MDNA era so much.