Fever music video

Régine Filange

I think in Fever she wears some of her most flawless outfits but the camera/production is bad. The fast changing scenes and the fast close-ups kinda ruin the video and I can't enjoy it that much. She should have used some outfits in other videos, not this. They could easily be on the Bedtime Stories video.

:07:

1 hour ago, luckystar said:

One of her best and still looks amazing. Madonna and Stéphane Sednaoui serving art.

It is shame that we don't have it and other classic videos in HQ.

Agree. Though the downside of this video is that the director pretty much used some of the same ideas that he already used for his work with the Red Hot Chili Peppers... still love it though

On 10/21/2018 at 6:35 PM, Régine Filange said:

I think in Fever she wears some of her most flawless outfits but the camera/production is bad. The fast changing scenes and the fast close-ups kinda ruin the video and I can't enjoy it that much. She should have used some outfits in other videos, not this. They could easily be on the Bedtime Stories video.

:07:

It was not a video made to be aired on TV, it  was supposed to be screened at clubs back then, that's why it's so flashy and bouncy. It made a killer backdrop for clubs.

I'm quoting @Jamesy from a post he shared in 2010 on the MadonnaScrapbook blog:

When Bad Girl / Fever was released as a US single - only the Bad Girl video had been made!

The Bad Girl video actually aired pretty much everywhere at that same time - (Bad Girl got a single release in UK, Europe, and USA at approximately the same time - in synch with the video!).

Shortly afterwards, Warner UK decided to rush release "Fever" as a single, based on the US remixes which had been on the US "Bad Girl / Fever" single.

At this point there was no Fever video (it was months away!) so Warner UK produced their own video (montage of clips of older Madonna videos set to the album version of Fever).

It wasn't until the Summer of 1993 that the Fever video was released (the UK Fever single was long dead by now). The Fever video went into rotation on MTV in America but not on MTV in UK / Europe!

In fact the only way at first for European fans to see "Fever" was on the "US Top 20 Countdown" show, which did air on MTV Europe once a week!

To confuse matters even more, the Fever video used a new remix not heard before - and not available as an audio release anywhere at the time (not even on a promo)! Thankfully it was eventually released on the b-side of "Rain" in Germany a few months later (2 versions of the mix were released in Germany - Fever Edit One and Fever Edit Two)!

So the whole Fever video thing is a bit of a mystery to me - as in, the timing of its production and release! The video did not directly coincide with a "Fever" single release in any country!

I love the video btw!!!

And here are pictures of the dress Madonna wore

Fever-Video-Dress3.jpgFever-Video-Dress.jpg

And seriously, can you really see this guy's dick??? :eyes:

fever+-+madonna+-+Screen+shot+2011-03-08

On 10/22/2018 at 7:18 PM, PWCCA said:

Agree. Though the downside of this video is that the director pretty much used some of the same ideas that he already used for his work with the Red Hot Chili Peppers... still love it though

I don't think it was a downside. That is Sednaoui's style.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:24 PM, skyfitswim said:

whas it her real hair or a wig ? 

Wig.

• 2 months later...