Stephane Sednaoui was supposed to direct Bedtime Story!

luckystar

Stephane Sednaoui: “At the time, I worked with Carole Burton Fairbrother and she offered me to direct a video for Massive Attack. I was supposed to direct “Bedtime Story” for Madonna. I had some ideas for this work. But I wasn’t ready so I took a vacation. Madonna was impatient so she decided to make this video with Mark Romanek, who was ready. Then Carole called me for offering to work with Massive Attack and I was in a special state of mind. There were a lot of things that I wanted to do and I transposed some of theses things in the music of Massive Attack. I had three themes and I mixed them into the video.”

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2005/stphane-sednaouis-bedtime-story/

15 hours ago, Fontainebleau said:

I had no idea David LaChapelle was considered for directing the 'Hung Up' video! Wow, that would have been interesting indeed!

when you watch "rize" and most of the music videos he directed you can tell the whole aesthetic of the "hung up" video belongs to his universe. it i'm not wrong after they had this fell out he took a long break from working with big named celebrities. it would have been nice to see his final version of "make me" by britney...

On 10/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, drivebitch said:

This is one instance where I’m glad it didn’t work out, unlike David LaChapelle and “Hung Up”. That would have been interesting. 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:23 PM, Fontainebleau said:

I just watched 'Sly', but I'm glad Romanek got the job. The video for 'Sly' isn't bad, but it lacks the sophistication Romanek brought to 'Bedtime Story'.

We really can't judge it based on Sly video. Sednaoui had a vision for Bedtime Story, but he used some ideas for Sly video. That's it. Since he was using BS ideas for another video by another act, Sednaoui needed to make the visuals and ideas  suit the new music video. We could only assume that Madonna would have posed like geisha or wore Indian dress in some dreamy scenario. 

And Fever music video was very sophisticated and artistic.

• 2 weeks later...