You have already tasted the Ciccone's wines?

Luiz Ribeiro

30 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Interesting.  I was only assuming complete rebellion or new awakening but you have opened my eyes a bit to possibilities.

Generally speaking, adults don't really rebel when a parent dies, I think its more the opposite, to embrace the one you loved.  Not saying she's gonna go conservative, but prob not a rebellion.

23 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

Generally speaking, adults don't really rebel when a parent dies, I think its more the opposite, to embrace the one you loved.  Not saying she's gonna go conservative, but prob not a rebellion.

Some people feel very repressed by their parents.  M all but voiced it in Truth or Dare during the Like a Virgin number.  She also mentioned in an interview that the SEX book was an act of rebellion against the church, her father and patriarchy in general.  She also said that the Super Bowl was the only time that she felt that her Dad was proud of her.  Her dad has offered a lot of passive aggressive compliments to her over the years regarding her body of work.  In the end, if she never hears or processes that he is fundamentally proud of her, she may have a lot of unresolved feelings that trickle down in to her art.  It is not entirely out of the question for M to take a swipe at patriarchy and rebel the moment that she becomes the Ciccone Queen.  People process repression very differently and I am sure that M, being the intensely complicated individual that she is, will be no exception.  We shall see... although I want Dad to live forever because she loves him so much.

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Some people feel very repressed by their parents.  M all but voiced it in Truth or Dare during the Like a Virgin number.  She also mentioned in an interview that the SEX book was an act of rebellion against the church, her father and patriarchy in general.  She also said that the Super Bowl was the only time that she felt that her Dad was proud of her.  Her dad has offered a lot of passive aggressive compliments to her over the years regarding her body of work.  In the end, if she never hears or processes that he is fundamentally proud of her, she may have a lot of unresolved feelings that trickle down in to her art.  It is not entirely out of the question for M to take a swipe at patriarchy and rebel the moment that she becomes the Ciccone Queen.  People process repression very differently and I am sure that M, being the intensely complicated individual that she is, will be no exception.  We shall see... although I want Dad to live forever because she loves him so much.

Not everyone processing things the same of course. I don't know what you're talking about re: her voicing anything during Like A Virgin in ToD.  There was no voice over it was all about her not getting arrested.

13 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

Not everyone processing things the same of course. I don't know what you're talking about re: her voicing anything during Like A Virgin in ToD.  There was no voice over it was all about her not getting arrested.

There was a section where she stated that she was just trying to get through the Like a Virgin part because her dad was in the audience.  Her dad also called her racy... and the compliments were passive aggressive.  He also stated in IGTTYAS that he di not agree with a lot of her artistic choices.  The battle between father and daughter has been on going.