So is Madonna touring this album or not?

Bat-Fan

She also said she wanted to re-imagine concert tours, so it may be she is over arena tours, but is still going to tour, just in a different way. May be more like Tears of a Clown, doing concert halls and theatres.

I remember talk about her doing The Girlie Show in theatre's but they decided against it at the time. Tears of a Clown is probably closest to The Girlie Show in terms of themes. 

I feel she still wants to perform live and stuff, but maybe she will just do smaller scale shows and not so many. I guess we will have to wait and see

15 minutes ago, me1981 said:

She also said she wanted to re-imagine concert tours, so it may be she is over arena tours, but is still going to tour, just in a different way. May be more like Tears of a Clown, doing concert halls and theatres.

I remember talk about her doing The Girlie Show in theatre's but they decided against it at the time. Tears of a Clown is probably closest to The Girlie Show in terms of themes. 

I feel she still wants to perform live and stuff, but maybe she will just do smaller scale shows and not so many. I guess we will have to wait and see

Ohh TOAC was only good as a special treat. Madonna doing theater shows would look like a step back. I hope she has one last arena tour in her. She doesnt have to do so many dates. Bat for example had 57 dates, mdna had 88.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Ohh TOAC was only good as a special treat. Madonna doing theater shows would look like a step back. I hope she has one last arena tour in her. She doesnt have to do so many dates. Bat for example had 57 dates, mdna had 88.

I guess it is all speculation at this point as she hasn't made anything clear about what she intends to do promo wise for this next album. She may very well decide to hit the road in a big way again and do arena tours.

I do think she is going to try something different either way.

13 minutes ago, me1981 said:

I guess it is all speculation at this point as she hasn't made anything clear about what she intends to do promo wise for this next album. She may very well decide to hit the road in a big way again and do arena tours.

I do think she is going to try something different either way.

I guess it also depends on if she is contracted to tour or not. Nobody seems to agree on whether she has finished her touring duties or not.

15 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I am thinking not. No contractual obligations and she may want to spend time with her family plus she said she was tired of arena tours 2 years ago and thought she had done all she could. Thoughts? People are just assuming she is touring now. What if she is not?

She said she was touring on Live With Kelly last year.  She said 2018 but with the album out now next year the tour will follow.

3 hours ago, Andymad said:

Question, if she is contracted to tour, does that mean she has to go all out and do a full stop spectacle? Or can she choose to your in whatever form she desires? Just curious

She can probably not choose, hence the many dates of her previous tours. If she is contracted, she can not just do any type of show  wants to do. The question is however if she is contracted or not. If we want arena tour, it is more likely if she is contracted but it seems nobody knows. I read when RHT was being performed that it was her last contract-bound tour but I can't confirm if that is true or not. Contract also stated album this year but we know that wont happen. Contracts can changed of course. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 12:58 AM, Andymad said:

Question, if she is contracted to tour, does that mean she has to go all out and do a full stop spectacle? Or can she choose to your in whatever form she desires? Just curious

I guess she chooses before she signs the initial contract, but after that she is obligated to fulfill whatever she agreed to. I think she said in some interview around MDNA that she agrees to things thinking she is superwoman, then when the tour is about to start, she slightly regrets it, lol. 

Prior to Live Nation she barely did more than 40 dates for any tour (BAT was almost 60 though). Now she averages around 80+. 

• 2 weeks later...