Confessions on a Dance Floor thirteenth aniversary! Favourite Track!

vesalii

Confessions on a Dance Floor thirteenth aniversary! Favourite Track!  

43 members voted

1. 1. On 9 November 2005, 13 years ago, Confessions on a Dancefloor was released! What is your favorite track?

• Hung Up
    • Get Together
    • Sorry
    • Future Lovers
    • I Love New York
    • Let It Will Be
    • Forbidden Love
    • Jump
    • How High
    • Isaac
    • Push
    • Like It Or Not
    • Fighting Spirit [*]
    • Super Pop [*]

Confessions on a Dance Floor merged elements from 1970s disco, 1980s electropop and modern day club music. Madonna decided to incorporate elements of disco in her songs, while trying not to remake her music from past, instead choosing to pay tribute towards artists like the Bee Gees and Giorgio Moroder.[1] The songs reflected Madonna's thoughts on love, fame and religion, hence the title Confessions on a Dance Floor.[2] It was the complete opposite direction from her previous studio effort American Life (2003).[2] The songs on that album were a form of diatribe directed at the American society. However, Madonna decided to take a different direction with this album. Regarding the development, Madonna commented:

"When I wrote American Life, I was very agitated by what was going on in the world around me, [...] I was angry. I had a lot to get off my chest. I made a lot of political statements. But now, I feel that I just want to have fun; I want to dance; I want to feel buoyant. And I want to give other people the same feeling. There's a lot of madness in the world around us, and I want people to be happy."

What an amazing era! I remember it so clearly, she was once again so huge and successful! I had to vote for Hung Up as it has become a classic in her repertoire. But Sorry, Jump, Forbidden Love and Future Lovers are amazing as well. Actually, I just can't get into I love New York and the bonus tracks... :Madonna034: