Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seduction Surrender

Lady Gaga is nominated for two Golden Globes.

Recommended Posts

Guest Seduction Surrender

Gaga is nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama, as well as for Best Original Song, alongside co-star Bradley Cooper with Shallow. Cooper is also a candidate for Best Director and Best Actor - Motion Picture Drama, while the film is a runner-up for Best Motion Picture - Drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

It's literally a musical! They really missed the mark by putting it in the drama category. It has no chance in hell of winning. :kitty:

 

Good. She was ok in the movie, I enjoyed it, it seemed believeable except for the obvious botox which made her face expressions look very artificial and forced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joab said:

She did a good job in her star vehicle, but Rami Malek is going to be the real star born of these Globes haha #Queen

Definitely - if he doesnt get the best actor at the oscars i will be very disappointed :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Definitely - if he doesnt get the best actor at the oscars i will be very disappointed :(

You will? The whole movie was a homophobic caricature. I guess you could say he was the best part about it, but that's a low bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Seduction Surrender
7 hours ago, The Same Parts said:

You will? The whole movie was a homophobic caricature. I guess you could say he was the best part about it, but that's a low bar. 

Freddie was bisexual, so technically it was biphobic. Other than that, I entirely agree that the movie completely watered down anything regarding his sexual orientation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Seduction Surrender said:

Freddie was bisexual, so technically it was biphobic. Other than that, I entirely agree that the movie completely watered down anything regarding his sexual orientation.

A blockbuster can't be all these things for everybody it has to appeal to the masses. If it had focused on his sexuality it would be a different movie for a different crowd. Did you enjoy it still? I liked it better than ASIB that's why I made the comment. I don't really mean to take anything away from Gaga though she did a good job like I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Seduction Surrender
On 12/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, Joab said:

 

A blockbuster can't be all these things for everybody it has to appeal to the masses. If it had focused on his sexuality it would be a different movie for a different crowd. Did you enjoy it still? I liked it better than ASIB that's why I made the comment. I don't really mean to take anything away from Gaga though she did a good job like I said.

Gaga was much better than I expected, but I hope she doesn’t win at the Oscars, considering the role she portrayed relied mostly on singing, which is what she’s primarily known for. The Academy unfairly awarded a singer for playing a singer when Jennifer Hudson won in 2007 for Dreamgirls, so let’s hope they don’t repeat that mistake. Glenn Close is undoubtedly getting nominated for The Wife, and I hope she snatches Best Actress. The woman has been snubbed since the 80’s, and unfairly so.

As for Malek, he elevated the film for me, making it engaging enough despite a great number of eye-rolling historical inaccuracies. He’ll absolutely get a nomination at the Oscars, and should win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.