Sign in to follow this  
Brendanlovesu1

Record Store Day 2019

Two new Madonna re-issues for #RSD2019 

Less than a month from the Black Friday 2018 special re-issue of Madonna’s Ray of Lightalbum, MadonnaTribe is happy to report fresh news about what Rhino/Warner Music is planning for the 2019 edition of Record Store Day.

From what we hear Warner Music is once again looking at Madonna’s Japanese back catalogue and has tentatively picked up two more 12″ LPs: True Blue Super Club Mix  and La Isla Bonita Super Mix.

Once again these will be eye-catching releases because they are planned to be printed on coloured vinyl – La Isla Bonita on green vinyl and of course True Blue on blue vinyl.

Record Store Day 2019 will take place on Saturday, 13th April 2019.

True Blue Super Club MixLa Isla Bonita Super Mix

'True Blue Super Club Mix' and 'La Isla Bonita Super Mix' are going to be released as the next Record Store Day 2019 exclusives.

La Isla Bonita on green vinyl and True Blue on blue vinyl. They will be released on April 13, 2019 (Saturday).

More info here: https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2018/two-new-madonna-re-issues-for-rsd-2019/

I also made these artworks for them, to have an idea of how they'll look like:

PW7EcUt.jpg

YoDLahH.jpg

5 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

'True Blue Super Club Mix' and 'La Isla Bonita Super Mix' are going to be released as the next Record Store Day 2019 exclusives.

La Isla Bonita on green vinyl and True Blue on blue vinyl. They will be released on April 13, 2019 (Saturday).

More info here: https://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2018/two-new-madonna-re-issues-for-rsd-2019/

I also made these artworks for them, to have an idea of how they'll look like:

PW7EcUt.jpg

YoDLahH.jpg

Awesome choices! Love both of these and only have them on cd.

13 minutes ago, Papa DP said:

I don’t think that will be released because it was not meant for the public.

There's a line in the song The Pet Shop Boys did with Pete Burns, "...I don't care What they say These days everybody's A DJ...."

5 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

Boring as ever...

Why don't they have good ideas sometimes...

Re-issue in color vinyl is such a silly idea...

Evita LP, everybody runs to buy it...

Except it was never pressed on vinyl, so it’ll never happen

I don’t get the complaints on these

if you don’t want them, then don’t buy them

but if you want an amazing quality reissue, then by these.

RHINO puts in so much detail with these RSD reissues, it’s breathtaking to see and hear in person. They look gorgeous, and put to shame all the other M vinyl reissues from over the past years.

We can’t blame Warner/Rhino for not reinventing the wheel with these RSD reissues. They are doing their best, and I’m happy with their output.

Its Madonna and Guy O that the finger should be pointed at if we wanted material post Warner. IMO, the 2015 RSD release should have been all 3 RH singles released on 7” with new b-sides! It’s a shame they won’t put up the money to put out something like this.

My fingers are crossed they’ll pull through in 2019!!!

10 hours ago, deathproof said:

RHINO puts in so much detail with these RSD reissues, it’s breathtaking to see and hear in person. They look gorgeous, and put to shame all the other M vinyl reissues from over the past years.

We can’t blame Warner/Rhino for not reinventing the wheel with these RSD reissues. They are doing their best, and I’m happy with their output.

Its Madonna and Guy O that the finger should be pointed at if we wanted material post Warner. IMO, the 2015 RSD release should have been all 3 RH singles released on 7” with new b-sides! It’s a shame they won’t put up the money to put out something like this.

Agree. These are amazing gems. Two of her best maxi single eps ever... on high quality vinyl and with great art work. 

La Isla Bonita Super Mix should include:

A1 La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix)

A2 Open Your Heart (Extended Version)

B1 Gambler

B2 Crazy For You

B3 La Isla Bonita (Instrumental)

and True Blue Super Club Mix:

A1 True Blue (The Color Mix)

A2 Everybody (Dub Version)

B1 Papa Don't Preach (Extended Remix)

B2 Everybody (Extended Version)

B3 Live to Tell (Instrumental)

On 12/19/2018 at 12:55 PM, PWCCA said:

I was hoping to see something new, but I like these Japanese reissues.... though a Remixed Prayers on coloured vinyl would have been much more preferable

As far as I know "Remixed Prayers" was never available on vinyl. Can Rhino/Warner release "Remixed Prayers" on vinyl without Madonna permission?

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

As far as I know "Remixed Prayers" was never available on vinyl. Can Rhino/Warner release "Remixed Prayers" on vinyl without Madonna permission?

I am sure they can. It's just a case of changing the format and not the product. WB already have some ownership of the music rights to the product that was released

7 hours ago, PWCCA said:

I am sure they can. It's just a case of changing the format and not the product. WB already have some ownership of the music rights to the product that was released

If you are right, then I want "It's that girl" available on CD and coloured vinyl, and "Remixed Prayers", of course. But "Remixed Prayers" should be a double coloured vinyl. Too long to fix it in one vinyl without sound quality loss (60 minutes).

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

If you are right, then I want "It's that girl" available on CD and coloured vinyl, and "Remixed Prayers", of course. But "Remixed Prayers" should be a double coloured vinyl. Too long to fix it in one vinyl without sound quality loss (60 minutes).

It's That Girl would be great, or even the She's Breathless promo

On 12/19/2018 at 3:00 PM, deathproof said:

Exactly...and consider Rhino doesnt even have to reissue any Madonna...there are a ton of artists they never bother with

I'm just happy to see Gambler out there again, it must be the least represented of all her singles. It's been over 30 years since it was last available on vinyl in the UK I think.

I'm hoping we get the Like A Virgin LP Picture disc as well.