Why does the younger generation hate Madonna?

PayneMusically

2 hours ago, Original Diva said:

they dont hate her... they dont even know her. if i mentioned madonna to anyone at school they always say "who?".

I think shes irrelevant to the younger generation because most of them listen to trash and don't know real music. i really wish madge would stop trying to make her sound be "current" because it makes her look bad and old. i think madonna should do what she wants and stop trying to appeal to the younger generation. 

please dont hate me, this is just coming from a yonuger persons perspective

I agree. 

4 hours ago, Original Diva said:

they dont hate her... they dont even know her. if i mentioned madonna to anyone at school they always say "who?".

I think shes irrelevant to the younger generation because most of them listen to trash and don't know real music. i really wish madge would stop trying to make her sound be "current" because it makes her look bad and old. i think madonna should do what she wants and stop trying to appeal to the younger generation. 

How old are you?  I know only ONE person, an 18 year old, who doesn't know who Madonna is, he works at my second job, and EVERYONE was making fun of him and couldn't believe he didn't know who she was, many of the people making fun of him were teenagers themselves.  This just happened Thanksgiving weekend too.

5 hours ago, Original Diva said:

I had to read this several times to get 'your idea' because one second you're saying she should stop updating her sound, and right after you say she should do what she wants... :Madonna051:

5 hours ago, madgefan said:

I had to read this several times to get 'your idea' because one second you're saying she should stop updating her sound, and right after you say she should do what she wants... :Madonna051:

I know. I thought that when I was writing it... I feel like (and maybe I'm wrong)  her label makes her do music that sounds current and popular so it sells.. IDK again,  maybe I'm wrong. 

On 1/1/2019 at 12:22 AM, PWCCA said:

She has been mocked ever since she started. I grew up as a fan in the 80s and 90s, I we all saw it a lot

She had bigger support back then tho. And then they had some reasons to "hate" her. Now they judge everything she does without a reason.

She releases music = she tryhards. She goes on tour = she tryhards. She's going on awards = she tryhards. She uses IG = she tryhards. She breaths = she tryhards. They want to praise Whitney? They will compare her to M and trash M. They want to praise Janet? They will compare her to M and trash M. They compare every M peer with her and they will trash her. My generation is filled with toxic competitive stans that will do anything to make their younger faves look the best ones. And since M is considered the best female artist they'll trash her to death to make it happen. Its happening for like 7 years now and the level of disrespect is getting bigger and bigger each year. Many young gays don't even know what Madonna did for the gay community and they dare to say she used gays and that Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga helped the community more. Even Mariah is getting more respect from them, even if her sales are non-existed.

:Madonna050:

43 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

She had bigger support back then tho. And then they had some reasons to "hate" her. Now they judge everything she does without a reason.

She releases music = she tryhards. She goes on tour = she tryhards. She's going on awards = she tryhards. She uses IG = she tryhards. She breaths = she tryhards. They want to praise Whitney? They will compare her to M and trash M. They want to praise Janet? They will compare her to M and trash M. They compare every M peer with her and they will trash her. My generation is filled with toxic competitive stans that will do anything to make their younger faves look the best ones. And since M is considered the best female artist they'll trash her to death to make it happen. Its happening for like 7 years now and the level of disrespect is getting bigger and bigger each year. Many young gays don't even know what Madonna did for the gay community and they dare to say she used gays and that Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga helped the community more. Even Mariah is getting more respect from them, even if her sales are non-existed.

:Madonna050:

Yeah. It is beyond depressing. This new generation is quite toxic in many areas.

An amazing quality about Madonna is that whatever is handed to her she perserveres.  She never gives up.  

Most would have run away or live quietly out of the spotlight which is fine if that is what makes them happy. That should be one's on own choice and not decided for them in regards to conservative minded Pop fans who give people a hard time. 

I don't believe the younger generation hates Madonna. In more ways than one, I believe culturally right now, the most obnoxious personalities are leading the way. Others possibly out of pressure are easily led or are fearful of having an opinion that doesn't compute with the loudest. So I believe this "younger generation," they speak of just happen to be most vocal and assertive.  A lot of these people have been raised on the train wrecks that are reality shows and thier constant competition and attacking each other. Art has been kicked to the curb. 

That's just an observation that I could write a whole piece on.

Getting back to "the younger generation," I do believe their are some traits that generations share because of common experiences but all people have thier individual minds so I do not believe in the broad statement that "the younger generation hates Madonna." I think a lot just don't know her music because Madonna doesn't rely on "playing the hits," so she has always been a "current artist."

"A lot" of her current music is self related meaning her very own experiences that few of us have. This I believe is especially in MDNA and her strength was always taking personal experiences and making them relatable to the listener. (I can actually relate to a few songs on MDNA but I'm not sure most can?)

The younger generation will always be "new listeners" and if the first thing or all that they are hearing from an artist is "release songs" from what is getting to that artist about thier current life then it's not attractive and it's definitely not relatable. I think she has always had those "release" type songs on albums like Over and Over, Where's the Party, Words, Don't Tell Me....Great, great songs but it seems that overall feeling was becoming more bitter and starting to saturate her work. 

With the possible exception of Erotica, (although Rain is optimistic and soothing) she has always had a bit of joy on her albums as well as sad, funny, empowering... I just think she is allowing too much negativity in her music but I think she is fighting her way out of that. Rebel Heart definitely showed that. 

I think if younger people knew her music and her from the beginning they would "get" some of those new songs. So in thier defense, it's difficult I think for them to relate. I think a more universal tone to her music will appeal to a younger generation. "Everybody" ....I mean you can't get anymore universal than that. 

Madonna's no quitting attitude will also win over critics. She doesn't give up and and is passionate about her art and "the younger generation will start to see that." 

I think she is too complex for the younger generations. There is also lack of embracing her past on her side that makes young people only know/have any idea of her based on her current music, which, even though is very "sound of the moment", it still isn't as vapid as most of current music.

3 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

RH was a return to form, it's one of her best albums.  It has nothing to do with it

Was it though? Though it was an improvement on the  two albums which preceded it, its production and promotion was a patchwork mess that didn't match her usual high standards... which would, in part, account for its abysmal commercial performance.

1 hour ago, artlover said:

Comparing to what she's able to do that album is hideous. Too many songs, no main concepts and a 'salad' of sounds. 

That was the point.  But the leaks hurt her initial plan, one album was supposed to be "rebel" songs and the other "heart" songs.

It's a solid album that got great reviews vfrom the music critics, it's funny how fans don't love it , it's my second favorite Madonna album of the 2000s after Confessions

1 hour ago, Mp1992 said:

That was the point.  But the leaks hurt her initial plan, one album was supposed to be "rebel" songs and the other "heart" songs.

It's a solid album that got great reviews vfrom the music critics, it's funny how fans don't love it , it's my second favorite Madonna album of the 2000s after Confessions

It ain't no excuse, cmon that record is a mess 

But it's the 3rd post-00 album I love the most