Madonna SHOCKING PR move

Humanfly

22 minutes ago, discohub said:

Based on what ?

He just isn't great, In my opinion (based on my opinion) I was a teenager with 80s Madonna and the way she was promoted and managed by Demann entertainment, Liz etc. I think she had much more mystique and credibility back then and was a true, massive global superstar, not just with hardcore fans but with music lovers worldwide. She had a huge popular culture influence and not so now. Again this is my opinion and you can have yours, but this is what I am basing it on. I cant wait for her new music and hope it is a huge shift away from the way she worked on the last two albums.

I don't hate Guy O, I just feel that like every Madonna collaborator in history, his contribution should have an expiration date. Yes, he helped her with the 360 LiveNation deal and made her the queen of touring but by sacrificing her artistic integrity (rushed albums, dreadful co-op ideas like 'Hey You' and "GMAYL"). The 'have an album so you can tour' concept has really damaged her recording legacy in the last 15 years.

That said, welcome to a new PR era at least! Hoping it's for the best

whats with the title of this thread I was so confused...

It would've been great if she had had great management/PR or whatever in the last 10 years. Let's not forget she has 2? managers? so we don't know who decides what and who is in charge of making sure she looks good professionally speaking. So I don't blame Guy Oseary for the mistakes only just because he's been at times the face of the operation. 

It's true that you can't go back to 80s style management/publicity, but honestly they've been stuck a bit in 90s style management in recent years too. They need to move forward and they need fresh strategies so I'm glad she's seeking new people to work with. Let's hope the new strategies go well with her artistry. 

5 hours ago, madaboutM said:

I don't hate Guy O, I just feel that like every Madonna collaborator in history, his contribution should have an expiration date. Yes, he helped her with the 360 LiveNation deal and made her the queen of touring but by sacrificing her artistic integrity (rushed albums, dreadful co-op ideas like 'Hey You' and "GMAYL"). The 'have an album so you can tour' concept has really damaged her recording legacy in the last 15 years.

That said, welcome to a new PR era at least! Hoping it's for the best

Couldn't agree more!

The only thing 'shocking' is that her Madgness could publicly moan about trudging around 'writing camps' ?
All that meeting Other Writers was so much of a bother.
True or Not it was all over The Press.
Yes, dear I thought, this New Approach instead of like in the old days [what as far back as that long-haired guy ?] working on Songs that won't be made more sell-able with 300+ download only 'Remixes' ?
U mean THEM TIMES ?
Your their Boss and U can't blame a soul.
If anything 'She' is now Very Like Bowie !
He had 'troubling' albums that were torn to shreds but folk like me shout about The Songs that were passed bye !
THIS explains that Aye Ok 'the production' killed it but.................

Face rollers, oh dear.

I think some of you are reading WAY TOO MUCH into this

After Liz retired in 2015, she signed with a new agency and look how that turned out? 

And she only signed on to this new agency because the one she signed on too in 2015 was folding. 

I was thinking back to the start of RH era and can remember hearing this same news. Apparently they were supposed to "soften" her image somewhat.....I don't remember details and of course I can find nothing about this online now

• 2 weeks later...

Guy always gets blamed for everything, but maybe its not always Guy.  Maybe Madonna just makes a lot of her own choices & tells him no to a lot of his ideas that could be good. And maybe some of the reverse, or a bit of both. 

-Someone got her to do more 80's hits on the RHT.  

-Writing camps on RH were fruitful if not complicated & messy.  Got some great songs out of it.  But glad she's tried it and is moving on back to her typical way of making records.

-She promoted the HELL out of RH.

Its hard to figure out what she does that is her own choice vs what Guy tries getting her to do.