Teardrop The Madonna Song That Never Was

louis.exe

Teardrop is a song by the British trip hop group massive attack it is there most famous song but did you know that it was original plan was for it to be a collaboration with Madonna who had worked with them on the song "I want you" but in the end they got Elizabeth Fraser lead singer of the Cocteau Twins what do you guys think do you think Madonna should of done it instead?

44 minutes ago, BloodRayne said:

Is there a receipt for this? Source? Link?

Yeah, the band kinda split over this. I mean the band's refusal to use Madonna at Mushroom's insistence made him leave the band. 

https://www.factmag.com/2013/12/28/mezzanine-the-inside-story-of-massive-attacks-greatest-album-15-years-on/2/

22 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

Yeah, the band kinda split over this. I mean the band's refusal to use Madonna at Mushroom's insistence made him leave the band. 

https://www.factmag.com/2013/12/28/mezzanine-the-inside-story-of-massive-attacks-greatest-album-15-years-on/2/

Oh shit. That's crazy. 

On topic: I think the final version is beautiful the way it was released. I couldn't imagine anyone else singing the song except Liz,including Madonna. I just don't think her voice would have worked well with the orchestration or sound of the song.

The Cocteau Twins I used to LOATHE WITH A PASSION...until I met someone who one of theirs [Milk & kisses !] was one of their fave CD's.
SO....after listened to them A.LOT [!], I'm still a bit rusty on the names to their Songs :lol::lol: but that's not the point.
One of my tracks is 'the one that sounds like fairground carousel'...horses 'n' all, the title....ah yer kidding.
They are an Albums Band and barely had the one Top 40 Pop Hit over here and none in the US etc ?
Liz Fraser ?
I dunno that much about her but think 'Kate' as in Bush and you get some idea of how she's thought of by fans and industry people.
btw = Her presence with Massive Attack seems to be some kinda hologram/projection that's planned for their 'live' shows.
On the Facebook pages Cocteau fans have gone quietly 'ape' at the thought of she 'might' turn up,...I doubt it.
There may be a video to I Want You etc but I can understand why Some of The Band didn't want her to sing on an actual Massive Attack LP.
They would have moved out of the 'trip-hop' section and into the Pop one ?