A League of Their Own is her best film...

Mp1992

With League director Penny Marshall's death last week, I watched ALOTO for the first time in a few years and loved it even more than I remembered

Such a beautiful, moving film and Madonna is genuinely hilarious and good in the supporting role of Mae Mordabito, Mae should be more iconic!

It's her best film as a whole and the one most loved by the general public

1 hour ago, luckystar said:

I agree, it is a good movie.

However, this wasn't really a Madonna movie. She was just one of many characters.

Yes but it's still her best film not necessarily her best PERFORMANCE, she's a supporting character and we got the beautiful TUTBMP out if it

.Also I'm noticing more hardcore Madonna fans and even fans of the movie among the general public dressing as her Mae Mordabito character from the movie.  I went to a HUGE Madonna 60th birthday party this weekend and there were people dressed as "Virgin era Madonna" and bullet bra Madonna and Confessions Madonna and Mae Mordabito Madonna.

53 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Who's that girl will always for me be her best film - i dont class Dick Tracy or ALOTO Madonna movies as such as she is a supporting artist in those and she pretty much plays herself anyway - i do think ALOTO is a terrific funny and moving film(I always nearly cry towards the end of it :((  )

Fair enough  but it's still a Madonna film even if she's supporting, she's kind of supporting in DSS too, she actually has very little screen time

3 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

Fair enough  but it's still a Madonna film even if she's supporting, she's kind of supporting in DSS too, she actually has very little screen time

True but the story revolves around her character in DSS whereas in DT and ALOTO it doesnt so much(apart from her being the "surprise" blank face character in DT)

23 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

With League director Penny Marshall's death last week, I watched ALOTO for the first time in a few years and loved it even more than I remembered

Such a beautiful, moving film and Madonna is genuinely hilarious and good in the supporting role of Mae Mordabito, Mae should be more iconic!

It's her best film as a whole and the one most loved by the general public

Wrong.... Evita was outstanding.  GOLDEN GLOBE!