Why is she never brunette for long?

Ishtar

7 minutes ago, Eyzonme said:

Probably brunette in general makes her look maturer whilst blonde softens her face. I tend to think so anyway especially if you look back at ROL era which worked with the theme of the album being a more mature sound, more mature in general after birth of Lourdes etc.  

true, she's done it a few times, but it's such a drastic and damaging change one would think you'd have it for a while. Ray Of Light was the longest time. I still want a brunette album cover and an entire era, Louise from Like A Prayer deserves it. 

1989 - She had to go blonde because of her role in Dick Tracy

1992 - She went brunette for A League of Their Own in 1991, went back blonde for Sex Book, then went back brunette, then redhead and she gave herself a chemical haircut, resulting in The Girlie Show look

1999 - She went hazel/dark blonde for The Next Best Thing

2003 - She went blonde to soften her image when she released her children's books. Apparently, brunette gave her a mean mum look, according to the media.

That's two WHY's so far.
When I did have hair I used to bleach it.
People react differently to you, I found.
Even those who 'said' they knew you looked at you in a new light.
I got sick of the "...like her outta Berlin but in reverse...", 'comments, so I got this V Butch flat top -ish [like a 'Leader' Skinhead still but grown in ?] in my lunch break at college.
"Would you like wet & dry gel on my other fingers...", the hairdresser girl said.
She REALLY seemed to be enjoying her work.
One of the few times classroom went "OOOH !" & I  LOved every moment !

Possibly the NME over here but I DO remember some music journalist saying 'She' was dark haired for the Serious Material and back to the Peroxide 'for a larff' ?

maybe she reached that point she wont just care/bother anymore. we should never forget hair proesthetics never were or looked so natural, watch game of thrones 90% or more of the actors/actresses wear wigs - but you just cant tell. even men get wigs or extensions and they look 101% natural, she knows it of course. she got confortable - and who can blame her? :)

12 hours ago, sidney78a said:

maybe she reached that point she wont just care/bother anymore. we should never forget hair proesthetics never were or looked so natural, watch game of thrones 90% or more of the actors/actresses wear wigs - but you just cant tell. even men get wigs or extensions and they look 101% natural, she knows it of course. she got confortable - and who can blame her? :)

I disagree, Hollywood has lost the ability to do anything, including wigs. Look at Amy Adams' horrific wig in VICE or any horrific wig in any Nicole Kidman performance. Fake hair is noticeable a mile away, although Madonna's is very good.

4 hours ago, blondebombshell said:

I love madonna's hair all the time most of the time. I thought it took courage for Elizabeth Taylor to let her hair go completely Grey. I really believe she was so in love with Richard Burton when he died it hurt her really bad. I may be wrong but she loved him the most at least my opinion.

Edit i didn't know she married again after Richard Burton.  Elizabeth Taylor - Wikipedia

you are correct¡

2 hours ago, professormouse said:

I remember Dee-lite's Lady Miss Kier saying she had a skinhead/shaved napper at one time !
Like her drag queen chums it was so much easier too just stick a wig to your head....?  :laughing:

lol remember when they thought she was going to be the next Madonna

On 1/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, Ishtar said:

I disagree, Hollywood has lost the ability to do anything, including wigs. Look at Amy Adams' horrific wig in VICE or any horrific wig in any Nicole Kidman performance. Fake hair is noticeable a mile away, although Madonna's is very good.

Beyoncé's wigs are awesome almost always. 

On 1/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, drivebitch said:

She’s grey like all people her age, not to mention her siblings. You have to touch up grey roots more often than when you’re dyed blonde. Blonde hides grey best. 

While this may be true, particularly during the RH Tour she had her hairstylist dye just her roots dark brown/black to give the impression that her natural regrowth wasn't grey...