• Love Profusion
    • Nobody Knows Me
    • Nothing Fails
    • Intervention
    • X-Static Process
    • Mother and Father
    • Die Another Day
    • Easy Ride

I love every single track, but I remember feeling thrilled at what a stomper "Nobody Knows Me" was when I first heard it. Intervention and Nothing Fails almost brought me to tears. Love Easy Ride and Mother and Father... I'm a sucker for a Mirwais Disco Stomper.

American Life has to be one of the most honest and profound albums M has ever released. While it questions fame, what it takes to reach it, and if it's any worth it, also shows up the person behind the character, once the spotlight goes. I think Intervention is the song that reflects that the most, it has part of the political statement the first tracks have, of not believing anymore what others want you to believe as truth, but trusting your heart and your soul. believing that, in the end, love is all we have left.

do i have to change my name to be happy? can i only be happy the way others believe happiness is? does my past life define my future? American Life asks those questions, and I think had Intervention being the first single, the entire reception to the album would have been different.