Broadcasting x Official Releases

artlover

Guys I came up with this question to a friend of mine who wasn't able to respond properly. 

Some of broadcasted concerts have become official releases e. g. The Girlie Show Live Down Under, The Re-Invention Tour, Sticky and Sweet, MDNA. 

Are there any major differences between the HBO/EPIX/Showtime concerts when compared to DVD/Bluray?

35 minutes ago, artlover said:

Guys I came up with this question to a friend of mine who wasn't able to respond properly. 

Some of broadcasted concerts have become official releases e. g. The Girlie Show Live Down Under, The Re-Invention Tour, Sticky and Sweet, MDNA. 

Are there any major differences between the HBO/EPIX/Showtime concerts when compared to DVD/Bluray?

Some yes, Some No. 

Girlie Show: Different Camera Angles throughout in DVD release/ Circus music had to be changed for copyright. 

Reinvention Tour: Was not broadcasted as a concert... Im going to tell you a secret was broadcasted and its the same as the DVD. 

Sticky & Sweet: Im pretty sure the DVD is the same as the SKY1 Broadcast.

MDNA: SAME against everyone's wishes. 

Drowned World Tour: DVD has different camera angles than HBO broadcast. 

Confessions Tour: was censored by NBC. Live to Tell showed only the backdrop on the broadcast. Some songs were cut as well. Paradise Not for Me? I can't remember. Also infamously broadcasted in HD and released only in DVD quality. 

Rebel Heart Tour: Same

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Sticky & Sweet: Im pretty sure the DVD is the same as the SKY1 Broadcast.

Confessions Tour: was censored by NBC. Live to Tell showed only the backdrop on the broadcast. Some songs were cut as well. Paradise Not for Me? I can't remember.

The original broadcast of Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour had the intro video heavily abreviated, as well as some interludes (Heartbeat, the Give It 2 Me intro). the commercial breaks didn't help much to keep the pace, and the released version, Sticky & Sweet Tour, wasn't much better.

Confessions Tour: Live in London edited some parts heavily (the beginings of Like a Virgin, I Love New York, Ray of Light, the dance interlude of Music Inferno) and missed several songs (the Sorry remix, Drowned World, Paradise, Lucky Star). I could see the entire show only when The Confessions Tour was released. 

BUT the Latin American broadcast wasn't censored. HBO Latin America showed the entire Live to Tell performance, unedited, just like the released product.

14 minutes ago, mr00mister said:

The original broadcast of Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour had the intro video heavily abreviated, as well as some interludes (Heartbeat, the Give It 2 Me intro). the commercial breaks didn't help much to keep the pace, and the released version, Sticky & Sweet Tour, wasn't much better.

Confessions Tour: Live in London edited some parts heavily (the beginings of Like a Virgin, I Love New York, Ray of Light, the dance interlude of Music Inferno) and missed several songs (the Sorry remix, Drowned World, Paradise, Lucky Star). I could see the entire show only when The Confessions Tour was released. 

BUT the Latin American broadcast wasn't censored. HBO Latin America showed the entire Live to Tell performance, unedited, just like the released product.

Did Latin HBO include all songs too?