Do you think this is time for Madonna say goodbye to Guy Oseary?

Madame Madonna

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ishtar

YES¡ The second he took control after Caresse Henry her career began to go down. It's been a disaster after another. Everything he has made her sign on has failed: TIDAL, Truth Or Dare Brand, Material Girl, and now MDNA Skin, which will fail in time too. The Faustian deal with Live Nation destroyed her career. He is nothing, and he needs to go. He is a charlatan only using her for street cred and to make his fortune. Maverick records, which was his responsibility, massive failure too, she's stil

diesel6888

My view, that I know you will all hate me for, is she is undoing her amazing legacy. It's bad enough the younger generation (including a wide younger LGBT audience) don't recognize her as the music icon she is and trailblazer she has been. Her constant obsession of late of appealing to a younger audience by collaborating with younger artist is wearing thin. Plus it's making her even more irrelevant with that audience. I wish her "camp" had the balls to stand up to her a bit more. It would seem s

Mp1992

Right.  I stopped listening when he said Confessions was a flop album, let's see it only sold between 10-12 million copies worldwide and was the world's #1 selling album, entering the Guinness Book of Records, of 05-06.  HU became the biggest single of her career workdwide, while both the album and HU went to #1 on the album and Single sales charts in the US   Some flop...   I think he's an undercover little monster

My view, that I know you will all hate me for, is she is undoing her amazing legacy. It's bad enough the younger generation (including a wide younger LGBT audience) don't recognize her as the music icon she is and trailblazer she has been. Her constant obsession of late of appealing to a younger audience by collaborating with younger artist is wearing thin. Plus it's making her even more irrelevant with that audience. I wish her "camp" had the balls to stand up to her a bit more. It would seem she has a lot of sycophants around her who act obsequiously towards her in order to gain their own advantage. I hope and pray that M14 will bring her back to the music and people will once again she her for the brilliant lyricist and creator of melodies she is and the artist that I fell in love with through the 80-90's. This album looks as if it has been much more restrained in terms of involvement of different producers etc.... lets hope 2019 is a great year for her music....

8 hours ago, Ishtar said:

YES¡ The second he took control after Caresse Henry her career began to go down. It's been a disaster after another. Everything he has made her sign on has failed: TIDAL, Truth Or Dare Brand, Material Girl, and now MDNA Skin, which will fail in time too. The Faustian deal with Live Nation destroyed her career. He is nothing, and he needs to go. He is a charlatan only using her for street cred and to make his fortune. Maverick records, which was his responsibility, massive failure too, she's still paying Warner Brothers back¡¡ His record of failure is astonishing. Any other person would have been fired a long time ago. 

Now that she has new PR I see lots of trouble ahead between them and Guy. Unfortunately, I don't see Guy losing, everyone will, Madonna will, we will, but not him, it's just the way it goes. 

The Material Girl line was hugely successful as is MDNA SKIN and Madonna's has THREE record breaking, massive tours with him but yes she needs to drop him

ASAP

He's terrible

46 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

My view, that I know you will all hate me for, is she is undoing her amazing legacy. It's bad enough the younger generation (including a wide younger LGBT audience) don't recognize her as the music icon she is and trailblazer she has been. Her constant obsession of late of appealing to a younger audience by collaborating with younger artist is wearing thin. Plus it's making her even more irrelevant with that audience. I wish her "camp" had the balls to stand up to her a bit more. It would seem she has a lot of sycophants around her who act obsequiously towards her in order to gain their own advantage. I hope and pray that M14 will bring her back to the music and people will once again she her for the brilliant lyricist and creator of melodies she is and the artist that I fell in love with through the 80-90's. This album looks as if it has been much more restrained in terms of involvement of different producers etc.... lets hope 2019 is a great year for her music....

Who younger has she collaborated with?

I mean I can't think of anyone except a brief Nicki Minaj rap here and there but Madonna was using rappers since the Erotica album

35 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

Guy was there starting in 2005????????????????? really?????????????????

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Let me check.

Well I don't think so.

This is Video of Madonna and Guy Oseary at 1997 MTV awards.

he's been with her since 1992 but in charge alone only since 2005.

4 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

The Material Girl line was hugely successful as is MDNA SKIN and Madonna's has THREE record breaking, massive tours with him but yes she needs to drop him

ASAP

He's terrible

Material Girl flopped, it's a line in the discount bin. 

1 minute ago, Ishtar said:

Material Girl flopped, it's a line in the discount bin. 

It made millions at Macy's, which was ALWAYS the intention also Madonna has made more money the last 10 years under Guy On than any other period in her career, at least $500 million earned from 2008 onwards if you add it up with her placings on the Forbes lists

. that's the main reason she won't fire him

47 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

yes it is but by all means keep on going with your bias and censorship. 

No, it is not. Any reasonable person understands we cannot have every thread turn into an ass thread. Dont complain later about being censored when you’re provoking and antagonizing people constantly. You agree to a set of rules when you join, if you can’t respect them, leave. 

Just now, Mp1992 said:

It made millions at Macy's, which was ALWAYS the intention also Madonna has made more money the last 10 years under Guy On than any other period in her career, at least $500 million earned from 2008 onwards if you add it up with her placings on the Forbes lists

. that's the main reason she won't fire him

Isnt that mostly because we all paid to see her live on tour? which she almost didnt do in the 90s and only began exploiting from 2008 onwards playing more stadiums and more varied cities across the world. Its not like it was some kind of magic trick he pulled, the demand for her was there.

1 minute ago, Fighter said:

Isnt that mostly because we all paid to see her live on tour? which she almost didnt do in the 90s and only began exploiting from 2008 onwards playing more stadiums and more varied cities across the world. Its not like it was some kind of magic trick he pulled, the demand for her was there.

True.  Anyway Madonna's earnings from the 2009 Forbes lists onwards...

2009 $110 million- highest paid musician of the year

2010- $70 million

2011-$30 million

2013-$ 125 million, highest paid celebrity period of the year.  Oprah who???

2016-$80 million

She won't, but she should, fire him

Madonna keeps being the highest tour earner because she is Madonna, no one can take credit for that but her. Every single ancillary moneymaking project he has gotten her into has failed, often embarrassingly so. He can't even organize a proper video shooting of her shows. She has to pick and choose from several shows to make a proper dvd. The Olympia show fiasco where he literally had her perform in front of borderline terrorists, jeopardizing her. Miami Art Basel was humiliating, the crowd didn't even care and she was pissed. Her albums don't sell, singles don't chart on Billboard, it's a flop. It's one disaster after another, it's been 15 years of this. 15. Let that sink in. 

9 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Madonna keeps being the highest tour earner because she is Madonna, no one can take credit for that but her. Every single ancillary moneymaking project he has gotten her into has failed, often embarrassingly so. He can't even organize a proper video shooting of her shows. She has to pick and choose from several shows to make a proper dvd. The Olympia show fiasco where he literally had her perform in front of borderline terrorists, jeopardizing her. Miami Art Basel was humiliating, the crowd didn't even care and she was pissed. Her albums don't sell, singles don't chart on Billboard, it's a flop. It's one disaster after another, it's been 15 years of this. 15. Let that sink in. 

Her album sales care good considering the album sales climate, 4 million for HC, #9 biggest seller if 2008, 2 million for MDNA #12 biggest seller of 2012, over 1 million for the leaked months in advance RH...

Also about her Singles, Madonna is one of only FOUR BE women in chart history to have a top 10 hit on the main Hot 100 in her 50s, that's an achievement and Madonna is the OLDEST woman to ever chart on the Hot 100 with Bitch I'm Madonna, Madonna's so called "fans" don't bring that up though.  In short NO FEMALE artist has hit Single after hit Single in their 40s and ESPECIALLY 50s, it's perfect normal

And "What's with this it's been 15 yeeaes shit?". Confessions was massive for her, #1 selling album worldwide of 2006 and her biggest selling song of her career with HU , of course Guy wasn't her main manager back then

And then 4M was a huge hit too 

7 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

Her album sales care good considering the album sales climate, 4 million for HC, #9 biggest seller if 2008, 2 million for MDNA #12 biggest seller of 2012, over 1 million for the leaked months in advance RH...

Also about her Singles, Madonna is one of only FOUR BE women in chart history to have a top 10 hit on the main Hot 100 in her 50s, that's an achievement and Madonna is the OLDEST woman to ever chart on the Hot 100 with Bitch I'm Madonna, Madonna's so called "fans" don't bring that up though.  In short NO FEMALE artist has hit Single after hit Single in their 40s and ESPECIALLY 50s, it's perfect normal

And "What's with this it's been 15 yeeaes shit?". Confessions was massive for her, #1 selling album worldwide of 2006 and her biggest selling song of her career with HU , of course Guy wasn't her main manager back then

And then 4M was a huge hit too 

he was the main manager back then and Hung Up and Confessions did not sell well in the US, Stuart Price confirmed that the reason she never worked with him again is because the album and single were not considered a success in the US. You are compounding worldwide sales, in the US her sales have been pretty much nothing. And again, Madonna is not to be compared with any other artists, she can only be compared with herself, and by her standards she has been flopping, and by other artists' standards too. 

Also, she can't take a year to make good videos and think about how she wants to do things calmly because she has to go on tour right away, thanks to Guy Oseary making her sign with LiveNation back when albums and singles were thought to be dead. Now the hit single is back and she is still shackled to touring, thanks Guy¡¡¡

4 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

he was the main manager back then and Hung Up and Confessions did not sell well in the US, Stuart Price confirmed that the reason she never worked with him again is because the album and single were not considered a success in the US. You are compounding worldwide sales, in the US her sales have been pretty much nothing. And again, Madonna is not to be compared with any other artists, she can only be compared with herself, and by her standards she has been flopping, and by other artists' standards too. 

Confessions sold about 2 million in the US when album sales in general were half of what they were in 1995/96, so 2 million in 05/06 is the same as 4 million in 95/96,  HU spent weeks at #1 on the US singles chart and sold over 2 million, putting it alongside Vogue as her biggest selling Single in the US at that point, until 4 M in 2008

Stop with the history rewrite dude , it's embarrassing

I actually AGREE that she should fire Guy On, I've been saying that since 2012

8 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

And compared to other over 50 female artists album and Single sales, Madonna is a blockbuster seller

And again HU was her biggest selling single in the US since Vogue.  Facts don't lie

I think the next album will dictate how good things can go under Oseary, the potential for her to be more succesful is there. Things dont seem to really move very efficiently into that direction imho but there have been positive things here and there, She was very slow to adopt social media and the newer internet age, internet strategies, etc, and she doesnt have to do crazy things or compromise her artistry to do that, on the contrary, but she seems restrained. The new PR thing is good news. Lets hope theres more focus on marketing based on artistry and music and less frivolous PR. I hated that period of time when her success seemed to only be measured on amount of money earned, its even a bit distasteful.

Angela Becker was her primary manager during the hugely successful Confessions era, Guy O was her co manager and handled primarily the touring aspect of her career

Madonna dropped Stuart not because Confessions didn't sell well in the US, which isn't true 5 million plus sales in the US for the album and singles even more than the Bedtime Stories era sold in the US when album sales were huge, but because they were having an affair and Madonna felt direspected and didn't approve

47 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I think the next album will dictate how good things can go under Oseary, the potential for her to be more succesful is there. Things dont seem to really move very efficiently into that direction imho but there have been positive things here and there, She was very slow to adopt social media and the newer internet age, internet strategies, etc, and she doesnt have to do crazy things or compromise her artistry to do that, on the contrary, but she seems restrained. The new PR thing is good news. Lets hope theres more focus on marketing based on artistry and music and less frivolous PR. I hated that period of time when her success seemed to only be measured on amount of money earned, its even a bit distasteful.

True, Madonna can still have a commercially successful era in terms of selling albums, even RH , which leaked in full months in advance and I know big Madonna fans who know every song on RH and didn't even buy a copy because "they have it for free", sold over 1 million worldwide

NOBODY is selling big numbers with albums nowadays,. I cringe when I look at the global album sales chart, even a big super hyped album can at best pull in 2 million in sales, MDNA numbers...

I think if Madonna delivers, which by all indications this album will be good and very mature, she could sell 2 million worldwide, which would make it among the top 5 sellers of 2019, but according to fans like Ishtar, it'll be a flop because it didn't sell 25 million like True Blue...

2 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

Who younger has she collaborated with?

I mean I can't think of anyone except a brief Nicki Minaj rap here and there but Madonna was using rappers since the Erotica album

Ariane Grande

Britney Spears

Justin Timberlake

Lil Wayne

Niki M

Mia

Timberland

Nas

Pharrell

Quavo & cardi B

Oh I must be wrong??!!!

28 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

Ariane Grande

Britney Spears

Justin Timberlake

Lil Wayne

Niki M

Mia

Timberland

Nas

Pharrell

Quavo & cardi B

Oh I must be wrong??!!!

Almost NONE of those were Singles and Madonna is 60, so obviously, and no shade, almost everyone she collaboarates with these days is younger

Same goes for every legacy artist, at least she didn't do a covers album with all younger artists like Barbra Streisand did, Barb can do it but even Madonna's fans would have a meltdown if she did that