Do you think this is time for Madonna say goodbye to Guy Oseary?

Madame Madonna

30 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

Almost NONE of those were Singles and Madonna is 60, so obviously, and no shade, almost everyone she collaboarates with these days is younger

Same goes for every legacy artist, at least she didn't do a covers album with all younger artists like Barbra Streisand did, Barb can do it but even Madonna's fans would have a meltdown if she did that

None, ? Me against the music, Give it to me, Four minutes, Revolver, Gimmie all your loving, God is a woman, Champagne Rose, so in fact they were all singles apart from the Nas collaboration? My point is I like Madonna to be her own artist making music that is new, not falling into the trap of music that all sounds the same... Personally I don't feel she needs collaborations. I doubt she will ever have a hit single again, so why bother with these other artist... This is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs also and I do respect that....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ishtar

YES¡ The second he took control after Caresse Henry her career began to go down. It's been a disaster after another. Everything he has made her sign on has failed: TIDAL, Truth Or Dare Brand, Material Girl, and now MDNA Skin, which will fail in time too. The Faustian deal with Live Nation destroyed her career. He is nothing, and he needs to go. He is a charlatan only using her for street cred and to make his fortune. Maverick records, which was his responsibility, massive failure too, she's stil

diesel6888

My view, that I know you will all hate me for, is she is undoing her amazing legacy. It's bad enough the younger generation (including a wide younger LGBT audience) don't recognize her as the music icon she is and trailblazer she has been. Her constant obsession of late of appealing to a younger audience by collaborating with younger artist is wearing thin. Plus it's making her even more irrelevant with that audience. I wish her "camp" had the balls to stand up to her a bit more. It would seem s

Mp1992

Right.  I stopped listening when he said Confessions was a flop album, let's see it only sold between 10-12 million copies worldwide and was the world's #1 selling album, entering the Guinness Book of Records, of 05-06.  HU became the biggest single of her career workdwide, while both the album and HU went to #1 on the album and Single sales charts in the US   Some flop...   I think he's an undercover little monster

3 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Who are you and where did you come from? Your tone doesn't fit in here.

Right.  I stopped listening when he said Confessions was a flop album, let's see it only sold between 10-12 million copies worldwide and was the world's #1 selling album, entering the Guinness Book of Records, of 05-06.  HU became the biggest single of her career workdwide, while both the album and HU went to #1 on the album and Single sales charts in the US

Some flop...

I think he's an undercover little monster

3 hours ago, diesel6888 said:

None, ? Me against the music, Give it to me, Four minutes, Revolver, Gimmie all your loving, God is a woman, Champagne Rose, so in fact they were all singles apart from the Nas collaboration? My point is I like Madonna to be her own artist making music that is new, not falling into the trap of music that all sounds the same... Personally I don't feel she needs collaborations. I doubt she will ever have a hit single again, so why bother with these other artist... This is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs also and I do respect that....

Champagne Rose was never an official single and that song with Ariana, was NOT a collaboration, Ariana asked Madonna to do a voice over fir the music video only, Madonna agreed, Madonna does not sing nor is credited on the song at all and 99.9% of people who've seen the video have no idea what that's her voice.

3 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

Champagne Rose was never an official single and that song with Ariana, was NOT a collaboration, Ariana asked Madonna to do a voice over fir the music video only, Madonna agreed, Madonna does not sing nor is credited on the song at all and 99.9% of people who've seen the video have no idea what that's her voice.

Ok, so these two maybe, what about the rest?

Just now, diesel6888 said:

Exactly! LOl I do feel my point is being missed...

I get your point and some of them are valid but like EVERY other legendary act, Madonna collabs with younger artists, but if the music is good, I see nothing wrong with it and most of these collabs are just rap verses thrown in there, she did that with songs on Erotica and Bedtime Stories too...

6 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

Confessions sold about 2 million in the US when album sales in general were half of what they were in 1995/96, so 2 million in 05/06 is the same as 4 million in 95/96,  HU spent weeks at #1 on the US singles chart and sold over 2 million, putting it alongside Vogue as her biggest selling Single in the US at that point, until 4 M in 2008

Stop with the history rewrite dude , it's embarrassing

I actually AGREE that she should fire Guy On, I've been saying that since 2012

according to this link: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7617649/ask-billboard-madonnas-career-album-sales, Confessions sold 1,734,000, it was a flop in the US, hence why she didn't work with Stuart Price again. 

9 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

according to this link: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7617649/ask-billboard-madonnas-career-album-sales, Confessions sold 1,734,000, it was a flop in the US, hence why she didn't work with Stuart Price again. 

That IS NOT a flop and it shipped 2 million easily, again 2 million in 2005/06 is the same as 4 million nin the 80s/90s, which were LAP and ROL US album sales, album sales in general were down 50% by 2005 and have dropped to 1/6th what they were in their mid 90s peak in the last few years

Was it MASSIVELY successful in the US? NO but it was definitely a "hit" album in the states and massive internationally

American Life was a flop seller, I'll give you that

16 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

I get your point and some of them are valid but like EVERY other legendary act, Madonna collabs with younger artists, but if the music is good, I see nothing wrong with it and most of these collabs are just rap verses thrown in there, she did that with songs on Erotica and Bedtime Stories too...

Yes she did but I guess they were the same age back then and era. I totally understand and you have a valid point, I just dont like her collabs, never had...

5 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

That IS NOT a flop and it shipped 2 million easily, again 2 million in 2005/06 is the same as 4 million nin the 80s/90s, which were LAP and ROL US album sales, album sales in general were down 50% by 2005 and have dropped to 1/6th what they were in their mid 90s peak in the last few years

Was it MASSIVELY successful in the US? NO but it was definitely a "hit" album in the states and massive internationally

American Life was a flop seller, I'll give you that

no it wasn't, and you keep talking about album sales being down but taylor swift, adele, katy perry all have huge sales numbers, so no, albums sales are not down. I'm not comparing them to Madonna because she is not a new artist anymore, but Confessions was not a hit and her album sales have been in decline, it is a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

And as previously stated, she didn't work with Price because he went behind her back and had an affair with her then manager, she fired both of them, Price seemed bitter and said whatever he could when asked about it

that is news to me, I am simply repeating what he said in an interview, he literally said Madonna and Warner did not consider Confessions a success and she changed her style in favor of a more US friendly sound with Hard Candy and it worked, 4 Minutes is her first top 5 since Don't Tell Me and was a huge seller in the US and a hit, and I would say worldwide too. 

We get it, rabid fans love Confessions and its plagiarized tunes from Donna Summer, Daft Punk and Giorgo Moroder, but it was a flop, deal with it. 

I think that is Madonna who has to decide it. There are lots of things we don't know about their relation as Star/Manager or what Madonna really wants.

I remember reading some place that Guy was the only person that was on her side on the "Erotica" era. Warner went crazy, they even wanted to take the "Sex" books from book stores and wanted Madonna to go to TV and radios saying "I'm sorry, it was a big mistake". Guy was the only one who says to her "If that's what you want keep on going".

About "Material girl", "Hard candy gyms", "MDNA Skin"... I'm sure they have everything calculated and that they don't want those things to last for long. They see the business and they do that and when they get what they want they go to another thing. This is how I see it. 

Finally, I'd like to say something about the "ass" thing. People is going crazy about that. I can understand people who says "Now, everybody is talking about her ass, not about what she did" but hey, that happened all the time in Madonna's career. If you read articles from the early years til now, lot of people was saying "She wants attention, but she's over". She was over with the "Madonna" because she was only a one hit wonder, over with "Like a virgin" because she was a bad copy of Cindy Lauper, over with "Erotica" because she "needed" to be naked to get attention because she wasn't a good singer and she had to do that to sell records, desperate with "Bedtime stories" because she just wanted to make people forget "Erotica"... all the time the same. I think people who only talks about her ass and uses that for the headlines in their articles doesn't really know much about her career and they don't have something good to say.

It's very difficult to people to say the good things in the real life and I guess that's why all the negative coments (not just for Madonna, for a lot of people) in magazines, Internet or TV. 

I don't like her ass in the Stonewall concert but it's HER ass and is HER life so, for me she is the only one who have to say something about that. I admire Madonna as an artist and as long as she makes good music (don't care how much she sells), keep doing incredible tours, saving Malawi, defending the things she believe in and being a strong woman who doesn't care much what people say about her I don't care much about how big her ass is. And, by the way, just say that maybe her jeans doesn't help her much... You only have to take a look to the "MDNA Tour" and compare her ass in "Girl Gone Wild",  "Vogue" or "Celebration"... It doesn't look the same depending of the trousers...

16 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

that is news to me, I am simply repeating what he said in an interview, he literally said Madonna and Warner did not consider Confessions a success and she changed her style in favor of a more US friendly sound with Hard Candy and it worked, 4 Minutes is her first top 5 since Don't Tell Me and was a huge seller in the US and a hit, and I would say worldwide too. 

We get it, rabid fans love Confessions and its plagiarized tunes from Donna Summer, Daft Punk and Giorgo Moroder, but it was a flop, deal with it. 

How was Confessions a flop when it was THE BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF THE YEAR?  Please tell me oh wise one

Warner's made tons of money off Confessions and the Singles, it Confessions was a flop than Emancipation of Mimi was too since Confessions out sold that album, slightly, Worldwide

You honestly sound like a bitter fool, go on Chartmasters and you'll find that Madonna was the biggest selling female artist of the year worldwide off that album and singles sales.  Even Madonna reportedly cried and popped open bottles of champagne due to the commercial success of the album

You're downright RIDICULOUS at this point

1 minute ago, Mp1992 said:

How was Confessions a flop when it was THE BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF THE YEAR?  Please tell me oh wise one

Warner's made tons of money off Confessions and the Singles, it Confessions was a flop than Emancipation of Mimi was too since Confessions out sold that album, slightly, Worldwide

You honestly sound like a bitter fool, go on Chartmasters and you'll find that Madonna was the biggest selling female artist of the year worldwide off that album and singles sales.  Even Madonna reportedly cried and popped open bottles of champagne due to the commercial success of the album

You're downright RIDICULOUS at this point

https://www.nme.com/news/music/coldplay-475-1363955

Emancipation sold way more than Confessions, Madonna came in sixth and that's counting worldwide sales, in America the album flopped.

It's useless to talk to someone who can't see the truth so by all means carry on, you will not get me banned. 

1 minute ago, Ishtar said:

Emancipation sold way more than Confessions, Madonna came in sixth and that's counting worldwide sales, in America the album flopped.

It's useless to talk to someone who can't see the truth so by all means carry on, you will not get me banned. 

Um that was for SIX WEEKS OF sales at the end of 2005, it was among the top 10 sellers of 2006 as well

Nice try there

It was a smash hit globally and solid hit in the states.  FACTS

Why do you think Warner's gave her a HUGE budget and let her do whatever she wanted for HC?  They paid for Madonna working the list expensive, A list producers in the biz with that album.  He'll Warner's was DESPERATE to keep on their label and Madonna used the commercial success of that album to negotiate highly with them when her contract came up, the New York times reported in 2007 that Warner's "is desperate to keep such a big seller on their label and her last album was huge for the label it exceeded sales expectations".

4 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Madonna ended up sixth cause her album was released at November? She sold the half of them in 1,5 months of 2005? Confessions outsold Emancipation in 2006. And was 10x bigger worldwide.

:Madonna034:

2 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

Um that was for SIX WEEKS OF sales at the end of 2005, it was among the top 10 sellers of 2006 as well

Nice try there

It was a smash hit globally and solid hit in the states.  FACTS

Why do you think Warner's gave her a HUGE budget and let her do whatever she wanted for HC?  They paid for Madonna working the list expensive, A list producers in the biz with that album.  He'll Warner's was DESPERATE to keep on their label and Madonna used the commercial success of that album to negotiate highly with them when her contract came up, the New York times reported in 2007 that Warner's "is desperate to keep such a big seller on their label and her last album was huge for the label it exceeded sales expectations".

Top 10 selling albums of 2006, Madonna is not even on the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_in_music#Top_10_best-selling_albums_of_2006

I'm done with your lies, believe what you want. 

1 minute ago, Régine Filange said:

Madonna ended up sixth cause her album was released at November? She sold the half of them in 1,5 months of 2005? Confessions outsold Emancipation in 2006. And was 10x bigger worldwide.

:Madonna034:

sorry, that is not true, I already shared the proof, but again, believe what you wish. 

3 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

sorry, that is not true, I already shared the proof, but again, believe what you wish. 

According to Mediatraffic, Confessions was the 10th biggest selling album worldwide of 2005 but was #6 for 2006.  Just over 8 million copies were sold between November 2005 and December 2006

Mariah had the 4th biggest selling album worldwide of 2005 with just over 6 million sales but was IYT IF THE TOP 40 SELLERS completely for 2006, she did sell an additional 1 million plus copies

In short Confessions had already outsold EOM workdwide by December 2006, over 8 million vs over 7 million for Mariah.

Facts