Do you think this is time for Madonna say goodbye to Guy Oseary?

Madame Madonna

1 minute ago, Mp1992 said:

According to Mediatraffic, Confessions was the 10th biggest selling album worldwide of 2005 but was #6 for 2006.  Just over 8 million copies were sold between November 2005 and December 2006

Mariah had the 4th biggest selling album worldwide of 2005 with just over 6 million sales but was IYT IF THE TOP 40 SELLERS completely for 2006, she did sell an additional 1 million plus copies

In short Confessions had already outsold EOM workdwide by December 2006, over 8 million vs over 7 million for Mariah.

Facts

facts in your ass maybe but not in the real world. Keep hitting that report button just because I dare to say the truth¡¡

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ishtar

YES¡ The second he took control after Caresse Henry her career began to go down. It's been a disaster after another. Everything he has made her sign on has failed: TIDAL, Truth Or Dare Brand, Material Girl, and now MDNA Skin, which will fail in time too. The Faustian deal with Live Nation destroyed her career. He is nothing, and he needs to go. He is a charlatan only using her for street cred and to make his fortune. Maverick records, which was his responsibility, massive failure too, she's stil

diesel6888

My view, that I know you will all hate me for, is she is undoing her amazing legacy. It's bad enough the younger generation (including a wide younger LGBT audience) don't recognize her as the music icon she is and trailblazer she has been. Her constant obsession of late of appealing to a younger audience by collaborating with younger artist is wearing thin. Plus it's making her even more irrelevant with that audience. I wish her "camp" had the balls to stand up to her a bit more. It would seem s

Mp1992

Right.  I stopped listening when he said Confessions was a flop album, let's see it only sold between 10-12 million copies worldwide and was the world's #1 selling album, entering the Guinness Book of Records, of 05-06.  HU became the biggest single of her career workdwide, while both the album and HU went to #1 on the album and Single sales charts in the US   Some flop...   I think he's an undercover little monster

1 minute ago, Ishtar said:

facts in your ass maybe but not in the real world. Keep hitting that report button just because I dare to say the truth¡¡

I never hit it and you can go on the Mediatraffic page, the Chartmasters page etc

They ALL confirm that Confessions was a bigger seller Worldwide than EOM not to mention that HU outsold WBT even in the US!  Despite not being played on the radio every 2 seconds

Confessions was a huge era for her sales wise, over 5 million records sold in the US, 2 million albums be and 3 million singles and over 20 million records sold Worldwide with that album

You're a troll, I had it confirmed when you said she plagarized artists, you mean getting permission and sampling other artists and paying bthem well is considered plagarism?  Really?

Just now, Mp1992 said:

I never hit it and you can go on the Mediatraffic page, the Chartmasters page etc

They ALL confirm that Confessions was a bigger seller Worldwide than EOM not to mention that HU outsold WBT even in the US!  Despite not being played on the radio every 2 seconds

Confessions was a huge era for her sales wise, over 5 million records sold in the US, 2 million albums be and 3 million singles and over 20 million records sold Worldwide with that album

You're a troll, I had it confirmed when you said she plagarized artists, you mean getting permission and sampling other artists and paying bthem well is considered plagarism?  Really?

lol 5 million in the US?? I literally showed you a reliable link where it says that she sold 1.5 million in the US. You have serious issues.

I did not talk about Hung Up, I know that's a sample, the rest of the album is heavily plagiarized with tweaks, like Future Lovers is just an I Feel Love copy, it's so obvious.

The calling me a troll technique, awww you must be really backed into a corner are you? Just throw what sticks I guess, like I said keep on hitting that report button¡ I'm done with this conversation, moving on. 

3 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

lol 5 million in the US?? I literally showed you a reliable link where it says that she sold 1.5 million in the US. You have serious issues.

I did not talk about Hung Up, I know that's a sample, the rest of the album is heavily plagiarized with tweaks, like Future Lovers is just an I Feel Love copy, it's so obvious.

The calling me a troll technique, awww you must be really backed into a corner are you? Just throw what sticks I guess, like I said keep on hitting that report button¡ I'm done with this conversation, moving on. 

5 million RECORDS which include Singles and the link had the album at 1.7 million US NOT 1.5 million and then the live album pushed it over 2 million between the 2 and then the 4 Singles with HU selling 2 million alone and the other 3 Singles selling over 1 million combined.  That's over 5 million RECORDS for that SUCCESSFUL ERA.

The end

1 minute ago, Régine Filange said:

I don't have something to believe in. They are facts, confirmed. Confessions sold 4.000.000 in the last 1.5 month of 2005. I didn't made it up with my mind.

:Madonna034:

that's fine. I showed the proof. I quoted Stuart Price, and actions speak louder than words, Madonna did a 180 with her next album and didn't revisit Confessions since because it was a flop. Believe what you want. 

19 hours ago, brazilfan said:

OK, here's thing.

Madonna had Freddy DeMann as Manager at 1983~1997 (14 years)

After Freddy gone Madonna has Guy until now. it's like 20 years.

Do you think that this is time for Madonna say goodbye to Guy Oseary?

I mean I know she is old now and Old people do not want to change.

And Guy Oseary and his wife is good friend (more like family) with Madonna now.

So I know that Madonna probably not gonna fire Guy Oseary.

But What I really want to talking about is... the real question is

"Does Guy Oseary and his wife is really GOOD friend to Madonna?"

For me Good friend mean is "someone which Not just sucking my ass all the time,  someone which tell me the bitter truth for me."

But it looks like Guy Oseary and his wife is just sucking Madonna's ass all the time.

OK forget about friend thing.

What is Manager for? 

Good manager have to tell their artist "No that is not a great choice!" and have a gut for fight for good choice for their client.

That is good manager do. But it is apparently Guy Oseary is failing about his job.

So I really wondering what do you think about this.

Do you think this is right time for Madonna say goodbye (I mean fire) Guy Osery?

(This question is not about really Madonna gonna do this or not. this question is about just you guys opinion)

I thought the timeline was more like this:

Freddy till 94ish

Caresse Henry from 94-2005ish

Angela from 05ish-07ish

Guy from 07 to current.

My problem with the Guy era is her quality of work has gone down, her foray into social media is embarrassing (please no more eye, pouty lip pics), while her apparent heavy interest in making deals/$$$ went up.  She's in it to make money of course throughout her career but for the last 10 yrs the prioritizing of money feels intense.  You keep giving us rehashed lazy tours starting with Sticky Sweet and if the price was reflective of the show then Id be ok with it but they have been boring as hell - the routines, the costumes just a bore.  This is a result of her being stuck with these collaborators from Guy to Jamie to her hair guy and so on. New blood Madonna.

Also, lets just get back to the art not about putting a shitty album out and forcing it down our throats bundling it with the boring show you just put together - you know the one that has 4 sections, pulling out a guitar, the dancer interludes, the political video, the "fuck ya" speeches, the one with La Isla Bonita (jesus every fucking time - 30 years of music and she has to keep doing this?) that you charge $400US for.

A

Oh and Confessions was and is still considered one of her last critical and commercial highlights.

2005 Year end Global

01.jpg (794 bytes) Green Day - American Idiot
Reprise - 7.986.000 copies
02.jpg (911 bytes) Coldplay - X&Y
Parlophone - 7.766.000 copies
03.jpg (905 bytes) 50 Cent - The Massacre
Shady / Interscope - 7.120.000 copies
04.jpg (876 bytes) Mariah Carey - The Emancipation Of Mimi
Island - 6.972.000 copies
05.jpg (904 bytes) Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business
A&M / Interscope - 6.090.000 copies
06.jpg (908 bytes) Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
RCA - 5.493.000 copies
07.jpg (841 bytes) Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Interscope - 4.685.000 copies
08.jpg (917 bytes) James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
Atlantic - 4.462.000 copies
09.jpg (905 bytes) Gorillaz - Demon Days
Parlophone - 4.079.000 copies
10.jpg (1033 bytes) Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor
Warner Bros. - 4.031.000 copies

2006 Year End Global

01.jpg (794 bytes) James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
Atlantic - 6.201.000 copies
02.jpg (911 bytes) Soundtrack - High School Musical
Walt Disney - 5.272.000 copies
03.jpg (905 bytes) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Warner Bros. - 5.142.000 copies
04.jpg (876 bytes) Justin Timberlake - FutureSex / LoveSounds
Jive - 4.158.000 copies
05.jpg (904 bytes) Pussycat Dolls - PCD
A&M - 3.629.000 copies
06.jpg (908 bytes) Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor
Warner Bros. - 3.469.000 copies

^ thank you.  

Even the Hard Candy era was somewhat commercially successful, 4 million sold of the album worldwide, 880,000 in the US certified gold but shipped and should be certified platinum.  9th biggest selling album worldwide of 2008,more than Mariah's and Janet's 2008 albums COMBINED

5 million sales of 4M, including over 3 million in the US, her biggest selling single there

36 minutes ago, blondebombshell said:

i was kindly disappointed she appeared with Kim Kardashian  If Guy Osary was such a good friend of madonna. I can't really see the butt but if Guy is a friend. Friends usually tell you if they love you will usually tell the truth and say that doesn't look good. Just my opinion out of all the kardashians the only one i can handle is  Khloé Kardashian. . But that is the only one. I hope madonna didn't do the butt implants because of Kim Its her butt though if she likes it.  

I actually blame Nicki Minaj. I think Madonna liked her butt so much she wanted one like that of her own. Nicki might have hooked her up with her surgeons? I’m still in the process of getting used to that look. I think some of the plumpness might be due to age and weight too. But to a limited extent. I really hope it flattens.

As for Guy, I think she just trusts him, that’s why he is still in the picture. I don’t think he is very creative or done a good job. I think Angela was pretty good but her phase went with a great album. The music quality has not really been on par with previous hits for various reasons. I’m hoping she has a hit album on her hands, and then Guy‘s job may become easier too. New blood that she can trust is rare but could do her well.

I think Madonna is going through a period where she doesn't want to listen to anyone or accept any sort of guidance. She barely appears with Guy anymore and she literally swatted Liz away from her on the Grammy's red carpet. She has been lunging from one PR disaster to another. The gross Drake kiss, the Brits fall, the bizarre behavior during the last dates of the Rebel Heart tour, Rocco's running away,  the disturbing instagram, the trash-bag outfit at the VMA's and her widely mocked speech about herself/Aretha, the obsession with fillers, the frightening butt injections...etc.. I've been a fan for over 30 years and it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid when she makes public appearances these days.  

6 hours ago, R.E.S.C.U.E_ME said:

I think Madonna is going through a period where she doesn't want to listen to anyone or accept any sort of guidance. She barely appears with Guy anymore and she literally swatted Liz away from her on the Grammy's red carpet. She has been lunging from one PR disaster to another. The gross Drake kiss, the Brits fall, the bizarre behavior during the last dates of the Rebel Heart tour, Rocco's running away,  the disturbing instagram, the trash-bag outfit at the VMA's and her widely mocked speech about herself/Aretha, the obsession with fillers, the frightening butt injections...etc.. I've been a fan for over 30 years and it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid when she makes public appearances these days.  

Oh please, stop...

and you left out the Prince tribute. :04:

20 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

Right.  I stopped listening when he said Confessions was a flop album, let's see it only sold between 10-12 million copies worldwide and was the world's #1 selling album, entering the Guinness Book of Records, of 05-06.  HU became the biggest single of her career workdwide, while both the album and HU went to #1 on the album and Single sales charts in the US

Some flop...

I think he's an undercover little monster

He never called it a 'flop album', he said that it did not sell well in the US... her biggest market. Confessions did indeed sell well, and it was her last big seller, but its US sales didn't meet expectations, though it still did fantastically well in Europe.

Also, it is rather childish to call him 'an undercover little monster' just because you didn't fully read what he (and others) have written. This is not some diva vs diva conspiracy.

1 hour ago, PWCCA said:

He never called it a 'flop album', he said that it did not sell well in the US... her biggest market. Confessions did indeed sell well, and it was her last big seller, but its US sales didn't meet expectations, though it still did fantastically well in Europe.

Also, it is rather childish to call him 'an undercover little monster' just because you didn't fully read what he (and others) have written. This is not some diva vs diva conspiracy.

It sold almost TRIPLE what AL did in America, it EXCEEDED expectations.  As previously stated , album sales in general took a 50% drop off between 2001, a peak year, and 2005, so selling almost 2 million in 2005 is THE SAME as selling around 4 million in 1995 in the US

Just like Mariah's EOM selling 6 million, helped by a rerelease but still, is like selling 12 million in the mid 90s, it some ways it was more of a triumph for her than her bigger selling 90s albums, because of the marketplace crashing

I wouldn't call Confessions her last big seller, HC did well , again 9th top selling album of 

And the US isn't her biggest market, Europe is since at least the True Blue album, he also called it a flop numerous times and Warner's had expectations of Confessions doing about 5 million globally and 1 million domestically, the general thinking was that after AL it would take a miracle to see her album sales go back up and because if it's dance sound they knew it would do better in Europe, notice Madonna did very little promo for the album in the US but concentrated heavily in EU

On 1/4/2019 at 12:01 AM, R.E.S.C.U.E_ME said:

I feel the same  way exactly and I’ve been a fan for 32 years now - I just wish she would focus on the music and less on social media - it always seems to backfire on her - as for Guy I don’t blame any of this on him - he manages a lot of people and not just M - she’s in control of everything she does and doesn’t need him to make her fuck ups ?

12 hours ago, into the erotico said:

no, it could be better with fresher ideas as it was from '00 to '05

Those ideas wouldn’t necessarily work now due to ageism,etc. And he has made her the biggest selling touring artist (female) of all time. That said he’s a nice person and I have worked with him for M in the past and will in the future. Point Is during the MDNA era M wasent doing a few things I (fans) felt she should be doing. Guy and I spoke by phone and private message. He told me he agreeded with my points and he spoke with M and made her do these things (she didn’t want to do it initially) but I told him she should and he agreed. It’s M not wanting to do things, Guy tries to tell her but she’s stubborn. Not all him’s fault.

And on a personal note he’s been kind and good to me maybe because I freelance for him and M. But he’s given me tickets to all M shows and as many nights I want ( not bragging just saying) so he’s not all bad. ?