Love and R. E. S. P. E. C. T.

Bobo

I love and respect Madonna. So I'm going to name five things that makes me feel that way about her. I'd love for you to join in. Let's celebrate her with some good vibes. It's great for karma. 

1. Fearless

So many examples, but risking arrest during Blond Ambition and the crucifixion during Live To Tell comes to mind. Like A Prayer video, and Sex too. 

2. Smart

Reported intelligence quotient of 140.

3. Embraces change

Now lives in Portugal. 

4. Writes great ballads and hooks

I don't really appreciate any pop artists as much as I do her for this. 

5. Challenges herself

She never takes the easy road. 

4 hours ago, AspergerArtist said:

I love and respect Madonna. So I'm going to name five things that makes me feel that way about her. I'd love for you to join in. Let's celebrate her with some good vibes. It's great for karma. 

1. Fearless

So many examples, but risking arrest during Blond Ambition and the crucifixion during Live To Tell comes to mind. Like A Prayer video, and Sex too. 

2. Smart

Reported intelligence quotient of 140.

3. Embraces change

Now lives in Portugal. 

4. Writes great ballads and hooks

I don't really appreciate any pop artists as much as I do her for this. 

5. Challenges herself

She never takes the easy road. 

That is the Madonna I fell in love with too.

And the reason why I get confused by her recently because she doesn't seem to be embodying those 5 points you made.

1-I expected fearless in the face of ageing.

2-She is fiercely intelligent which makes me wonder who is making her choices lately. They ain't coming' from a smart place.

3-I always admired her embracing change, yet she has been following trends instead of setting them like she used to.

4-She does write great hooks, which she would do that without a ton of producers and collaborations.

5-She could challenge herself a bit more and hear what fans have to say, and maybe hear alternative opinions and not bury her head in the sand and pretend she is 25 forever.

Somewhere in an alternate timeline there is a fierce Madonna who had aged gracefully, kept her mystique and her punk rock attitude and produced amazing music.

10 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

And the reason why I get confused by her recently because she doesn't seem to be embodying those 5 points you made.

2-She is fiercely intelligent which makes me wonder who is making her choices lately. They ain't coming' from a smart place.

3-I always admired her embracing change, yet she has been following trends instead of setting them like she used to.

4-She does write great hooks, which she would do that without a ton of producers and collaborations.

5-She could challenge herself a bit more and hear what fans have to say, and maybe hear alternative opinions and not bury her head in the sand and pretend she is 25 forever.

Somewhere in an alternate timeline there is a fierce Madonna who had aged gracefully, kept her mystique and her punk rock attitude and produced amazing music.

My same thoughts too!! 

Somehow, the contradictory Madonna never ceases to amaze me... rtibls.jpg

Come on guys, isn't this contradictory with her attitude and what she stands for? I mean these last moves.

16 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

giphy.gif

Madonna is really a rebel with heart. She inspired millions of people to be open minded, to accept others. She also exposed the hypocrisy of organized religions like the Catholic Church and inspired people to find their own divinity inside of them. Artistically there will never be an entertainer as controversial and yet so successful as Madonna. #factsarefacts 

18 minutes ago, RayOfLight said:

Madonna is really a rebel with heart. She inspired millions of people to be open minded, to accept others. She also exposed the hypocrisy of organized religions like the Catholic Church and inspired people to find their own divinity inside of them. Artistically there will never be an entertainer as controversial and yet so successful as Madonna. #factsarefacts 

Sorry, but this reads as a bit of a naive view of both the world and Madonna. Madonna isn't rebellious anymore. She's just like all other celebrities, concerned with making money and looking young. Nothing rebellious about that. I might hate Björk's new direction soundwise, but she's at least trying to move things to new places. Madonna might want to change the world (starting with Malawi), and yet, she was indicated in the Panama Papers for stashing money offshore. Catholic Church still sucks, and everyone knew about the hypocrisy before and after her. Kabballah seems to have been a 00s fad for her, she doesn't really mention it anymore, perhaps thinking we're too dumb to "get it" or something. She seemed to spend her night reading the Zohar, and yet you've never seen her mention her books on Instagram. I might agree with you on the last part, she really is a one of a kind controversial entertainer, but her blade is dull at this point. A truly provocative thing for her to do at this point is create an all-women music festival, featuring African artists, featuring women older than her, something like that. Empower someone other than herself, I guess? She's human, and the thing you've described seems a bit too imaginary #opinionsarentfacts #thiswasanopinion

She deserves my love and R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for her support of the gay community in the late 80s when we needed it the most. She deserves love for adopting her lovely children, and building hospitals. She deserves love for the good music she's given me - the bad will be forgotten anyway. She deserves love for the wit she used to flaunt. What she doesn't deserve is being treated as a flawless creature, since it's unfair to both her and her fans. 

3 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Sorry, but this reads as a bit of a naive view of both the world and Madonna. Madonna isn't rebellious anymore. She's just like all other celebrities, concerned with making money and looking young. Nothing rebellious about that. I might hate Björk's new direction soundwise, but she's at least trying to move things to new places. Madonna might want to change the world (starting with Malawi), and yet, she was indicated in the Panama Papers for stashing money offshore. Catholic Church still sucks, and everyone knew about the hypocrisy before and after her. Kabballah seems to have been a 00s fad for her, she doesn't really mention it anymore, perhaps thinking we're too dumb to "get it" or something. She seemed to spend her night reading the Zohar, and yet you've never seen her mention her books on Instagram. I might agree with you on the last part, she really is a one of a kind controversial entertainer, but her blade is dull at this point. A truly provocative thing for her to do at this point is create an all-women music festival, featuring African artists, featuring women older than her, something like that. Empower someone other than herself, I guess? She's human, and the thing you've described seems a bit too imaginary #opinionsarentfacts #thiswasanopinion

She deserves my love and R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for her support of the gay community in the late 80s when we needed it the most. She deserves love for adopting her lovely children, and building hospitals. She deserves love for the good music she's given me - the bad will be forgotten anyway. She deserves love for the wit she used to flaunt. What she doesn't deserve is being treated as a flawless creature, since it's unfair to both her and her fans. 

Nostalgia at its best.

Zzzz

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Well she is American after all, they are all going to end up religious at some point, be it “spiritual “ bullshit or a lifestyle choice they have to lecture us about

5 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Funny, I could've said the same thing! Yet I took time to reply. As Madonna would surely say, in her generic but comforting way, "give peace a chance"

Because i have heard it all before. Its like a broken record playing in my head forever and i literally cant take it anymore. 

This how-Madonna-was-truly-amazing-and-now-shes-becoming-a-buttjoke! mentality is ruining for the people who are truly into the now-Madonna. If shes not good enough for you now but still in hope that one day soon shes going to do exactly what you want her to do... well, you will always be disappointed because Madonna is not that kind of person. She said that millions of time. Shes still saying it. Cant you get the message?

And to be more specific Madonnas always been sincere about her faith. She always talked about it. And yes with Kabbalah she took it to new levels which felt genuine and inspiring. She posted plenty of Kabbalah references in her Instagram. Maybe not as often as you would expect but her Instgram is vary various and disparaging so i dont see it as her stopping the Kabbalah thing. 

And i have never said shes perfect. Of course shes not flawless. Shes human like any of us. I just decide not to judge her but support her. Unlike you i truly believe shes still rebellious. Maybe its because you see things from a different perspective and it makes you believe that you know best but Madonna is not you. And she makes her own choices. So far she hasnt done anything that offeded me or make me doubt so its all cool. 

1 hour ago, RayOfLight said:

And to be more specific Madonnas always been sincere about her faith.

Kabbalah ain't goin' anywhere! She still attends Torah readings every week.

Mercy got a camera for Chanukah recently, hence her photography exhibit.

Her last album and tour were riddled with references. It is deep in her, it will never go away.

And rest assured her next album will be full of it too.

1. She takes chances, she puts herself in a position to be criticised by saying what she wants to say, doing what she wants to do... no matter how she is perceived. Very few people are brave enough to really share thier thoughts, how they feel, how they truly want to express themselves without the fear of criticism or seeming uncool. In this way she really is my hero. 

2. She wants to be loved and she is not afraid to show it. This kinda falls under taking chances again but she is on a constant search to be loved unconditionally. 

3. She has a tremendous appreciation for the human experience and art. We are all connected and we are all affected by one another. She is inquisitive and is open to learning through experience and art. 

4. I always knew she would be a good mother. There is something very nuturing about her especially in her voice and she values education and hard work as well as encouraging individuality. 

5. She talks about things in her songs that I want to talk about, hear about, discuss. She sings things I want to say. She sings things I want people to hear. There are so many things brought up in her discography that I don't think would have ever been brought up had she not come along. Her music, her art is everything. 

• 3 weeks later...

1.Work ethic and stamina; Her work ethic is insane! She puts most guys to shame with her physical and mental ability to keep coming back and grafting. She’s constantly multitasking creating all sorts of interesting projects. 

2.Forward thinking future dweller; Not quite sure what I mean by that, but she lives in the now and doesn’t look back or depend on her past work. She’s constantly evolving and putting a new spin on her older work. Her live shows are packed with the latest album tracks that she’s touring. She’s not a nostalgia act.

3.Incredible parent; I don’t think anyone could argue with this. She lost her own mother when she was a child and was robbed of a childhood herself. For such a sexually provocative performer she’s full of ethical and moral standards that she seems to have instilled in her kids. And her kids are everything to her. 

4.Humanitarian and activist; Whether she’s building an orphanage or speaking out against injustice she’s concerned for the human race and the well being of the planet. She puts herself out there with strong opinions.

5.Pushing the envelope; She takes massive risks and has the balls to sometimes get it wrong. She embraces current artists and musicians she wants to work with. She sings, dances, writes, directs, produces and probably a million other things. 

Like all the best Icons she’s a deeply complex person of many great contradictions. She’s a true one off. 

1. Compassionate - This has never changed, though she doesn't always like to show it

2. Tough/Resilliant - She takes those knocks and keeps standing

3. Human - Like all of us, I think people forget this sometimes

4. Intellectual - She really still consumes knowledge, whether you agree with her opions or not

5. Generous - What she is doing in Malawi, Detroit and probably other things we don't even know about