"Like a Prayer" turns 30

New_Boy

One of Madonna's best albums and eras, the beginning of her Imperial era inbetween the 80s and the 90s. The next in line to get a remaster at this point. Will the stars align for us this time, and is there a possibility we'll get something more than an Instagram post? Fingers crossed, but until the time arrives, let's post our appreciation for this great album!

I might cook up a deluxe tracklist later, for an ultimate edition of sorts. I used to hate doing that, but 30 years later, this album deserves it! 

Still one of her very best musical efforts. This album dominated much of my childhood, and I still listen to it often. I regard this as my favourite album behind Erotica. Sadly, Madonna and her camp will ignore any such anniversary (beyond a few shitty instagram posts), and we will be unlikely to ever see a remaster or a special edition release. Its a shame such a masterpiece will be ignored.

Just now, Enrico said:

Remaster including First is a kiss, Love attack and Angel with dirty faces.

That's what I call a anniversary!!!

I doubt Love Attack would be included as it was rejected for not fitting the LAP Album...lets hope and add the demo of Express Yourself as Stephen Bray considers this superior to the album version that that list of yours!

9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I doubt Love Attack would be included as it was rejected for not fitting the LAP Album...lets hope and add the demo of Express Yourself as Stephen Bray considers this superior to the album version that that list of yours!

Actually all songs that are outtakes were rejected for not fitting the album vibe.

The point of an anniversary reissue is to include a bonus CD with outtakes and demos.

Many latest Grace Jone reissues contained that. New Kate Bush remastered collection contains all studio albums plus additional CDs with bonus stuff (B-sides, outtakes...).

Madonna announced surprises and it is  time that one of her best works finally gets anniversary reissue. That would be a great surprise next to the new album. But would Madonna want LAP around the new album? She wants us to focus on the new era, so a reissue seems unlikely. On the other hand, it could be a good thing for the new album. Madonna would be in the spotlight for an old work, but it could promote her new album too.

However, I doubt she and Warner will make an agreement. 

2 hours ago, luckystar said:

Madonna announced surprises and it is  time that one of her best works finally gets anniversary reissue. That would be a great surprise next to the new album. But would Madonna want LAP around the new album? She wants us to focus on the new era, so a reissue seems unlikely. On the other hand, it could be a good thing for the new album. Madonna would be in the spotlight for an old work, but it could promote her new album too.

However, I doubt she and Warner will make an agreement. 

Madonna said surprises but it was the MDNA Skin box set that recently came out.